Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 424 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I’m not a plane guy, but can’t you dial back the pitch to zero on a standard prop?
I'm not really a plane guy. If you feather a prop and feed in full power, I don't know if it can take it. Also, given the size of this thing, I suspect it is for a big radial and the proper props would be much longer and require a much taller engine stand. Even a beaver swings a prop over 8' in length.

Now, I could be wrong that this is a test prop but shape is strange (short, thick, huge chord, flat tip).

Anyone looking to help this guy buy a house?

View attachment 59941
Why buy a 2023 for $11,899 when you can buy a 4 year old mt-09 for $15,000!

He might as well have said "you have to pay my financing costs, bro..."

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Scratching my head over those mirrors... made me double check that the 916 did come with body mounted mirrors
Great catch, I didn't notice that. Curious to know all of the other "factory upgrades" have been made. A serious collector would want it 100% stock. Mirrors, windscreen, seat and all of the non-OEM carbon would need to be put back to stock.

Great catch, I didn't notice that. Curious to know all of the other "factory upgrades" have been made. A serious collector would want it 100% stock. Mirrors, windscreen, seat and all of the non-OEM carbon would need to be put back to stock.
One sold this month on BAT at a more realistic price.

BAT.jpg

Last edited:
No mention of service records. Maybe $20.

No mention of service records. Maybe $20.
He wants you to buy it as an investment. Sounds like a great investment for him and a terrible one for you. One of those people that is pricing in future value like they deserve it. If he wants future value, keep it for another 20+ years and sell it for future value.

If it's on Bring A trailer, it's an auction. He listed it for $1000. Just because people decided to pay $16,000 for it, it's not his fault.
I don't think Bring A Trailer bikes should be listed here, unless maybe their starting bid is insane. Maybe we should have a "Stupidly Paid Too Much Thread" ? IMO everybody on BaT pay way too much.

If it's on Bring A trailer, it's an auction. He listed it for $1000. Just because people decided to pay $16,000 for it, it's not his fault.
I don't think Bring A Trailer bikes should be listed here, unless maybe their starting bid is insane. Maybe we should have a "Stupidly Paid Too Much Thread" ? IMO everybody on BaT pay way too much.
That's a closed BaT auction at 16K USD for a reasonably unmolested example. Used as a reference against the bastardized one that wants 50K. If BaT is high, that makes the canadian one even more ridiculous.

As @GreyGhost said, I meant it to be an example of a decent price as compare to the lunacy in @turbofj6 s post.

I will edit to make it more clear.

One sold this month on BAT at a more realistic price.

View attachment 59971

Never owned a duc but have always been a fan, the 2 examples are very different bikes. The one that went for 16k is the standard 916, the 50k one looks like it may actually be a 916 SPA which had a production run of only 54 bike for the AMA homologation, mind you it could just be a 916 with a bunch of aftermarket parts to make I look like the SPA.

Edit. Looking at it further I'd doesn't look like it's an SPA.

Last edited:
28 years old and less that 20,000 kms ? Do people ride these things or just stare at them ?

I'd be willing to bet that ~20k is on the very high end vs average for a 916. Definitely a coffee shop bike for most, especially considering they're torture racks anywhere except the track.

Sportbikes generally tend to be relatively low. Most RC51's I see are between 30-60,000 km despite being 20+ years old. Anything under 10k asks a huge price premium, especially if close to stock.

Never owned a duc but have always been a fan, the 2 examples are very different bikes. The one that went for 16k is the standard 916, the 50k one looks like it may actually be a 916 SPA which had a production run of only 54 bike for the AMA homologation, mind you it could just be a 916 with a bunch of aftermarket parts to make I look like the SPA.

Edit. Looking at it further I'd doesn't look like it's an SPA.
I would want confirmation on that.
He is also selling a 20 year old mountain bike for $2700.00 when it retailed for $2800.00. Mountain bike blue book puts it at 500 on the high end.

I going with delusions of grandeur in lieu of other information.

I would want confirmation on that.
He is also selling a 20 year old mountain bike for $2700.00 when it retailed for $2800.00. Mountain bike blue book puts it at 500 on the high end.

I going with delusions of grandeur in lieu of other information.
He also has a bunch of high priced guitars. I know nothing about guitar pricing but know enough about the seller to assume they are also ridiculously priced.

200 km in 15 years? Poor bike. Why all the extras (suspension, shocks, tuning, etc) if not going to ride it (or even riding it enough to have an opinion on the stock parts).
A fellow around the corner from me has a gen 1 FZ1 with a couple hundred kms, pristine condition. It's kept on a bike lift, he doesn't ride it but meticulously performs and logs maintenance. His garage is setup but like a shrine.

Odd, but its his thing.

Back
Top Bottom