Stopped by cops because I was in violation of the rules of an M1!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stopped by cops because I was in violation of the rules of an M1!!!

thedude

So I stopped at the bank on my way home from work, and as I'm waiting to pull out of my parking spot a cop stops and waves me in. I pull put in front and continue on my merry way, thinking that was kinda cool after all I've heard about cops giving motorcyclists a hard time. A few blocks later I make a left turn onto my street, and the cop pulls in behind me and pulls me over. I stop my bike (five houses away from my place!!!) take my helmet off and put it on the ground. I know I wasn't speeding, I'm sure that I signaled my turn, and everything about my bike is legit. Both cops get out of the car and come up on either side of me and ask me if I have a M1 license (which I do). One of the cops tells me that I'm not supposed to be riding with an M1!!! I very politely explain that I THOUGHT (even though I KNOW) I was allowed to ride between 30min before sunrise and 30min after sunset (this is at 6:30pm, btw). The one cop that did all the talking asked me for my license, which i provided, along with my G license, insurance and ownership. They take all my paperwork back to the car, make me wait a few more min, then tell me that everything checks out and I can continue on my way. WTF???

How did they know I'm on an M1? I guess I ride like a noob? I'm ok with that, I've only had my bike for 2 weeks, I am still a noob :p

Ran your plates and realized that it was recently plated???

I dunno... All I know is that cops tend to check up on people just because. It seems that some cops like stopping motorcyclists cause they just wanna check out the bike. O_O

Lol. Mine is a 99 Honda Rebel 250. Not much to check out, lol.

Hard at work keeping the street safe from Madmax hellians like you.

$150+K/yr's worth of salary right there, harassing innocent people while true crime is everywhere.

This is not a big deal IMO. He ran ur plate, saw u were the owner (I assume) and saw ur license was a GM1. I think they have access to that info. Either way, in watching alot of the Cops tv show, i have seen that they will investigate anything suspicious and more often than not it leads to something bigger. Although, there is usually a way to stay out of trouble.

Hard at work keeping the street safe from Madmax hellians like you.

$150+K/yr's worth of salary right there, harassing innocent people while true crime is everywhere.

Pay attention man, can't you read?
He was riding a "REBEL" dude!!
Says so right on the side of the machine, a clear indication of a dangerous hardened criminal willing to outrun the law at the first sign of trouble. :rolleyes:

Pay attention man, can't you read?
He was riding a "REBEL" dude!!
Says so right on the side of the machine, a clear indication of a dangerous hardened criminal willing to outrun the law at the first sign of trouble. :rolleyes:

Maybe if the cop was on a bicycle

Maybe if the cop was on a bicycle

I got pulled over by one of those dude, it was so funny, and my advice to you, is when you see a bicycle cop going at it in the Rear view mirror then stop right away. On the other hand If you know you are getting a ticket for sure then take him around the block a couple of times.

Sounds like the Officers were just unfamiliar with the M1 restrictions.

They didn't admit there mistake but that's not a "Cop" thing....that's a "people" thing. Lots of hard headed people I know don't admit being wrong.

I was pulled over once by a female officer cause I had no plates on my car. I then showed her my temp plate on my windshield and told her what it was.
You learn something new everyday.

what was the ticket for? if it was for time violation it would be super easy to fight.
the time/date you were stopped is on the ticket, the sunrise/sunset time is easy enough to find.
if the ticket time is between 5:50am to 8:45pm (assuming ticket was on or around Apr. 28) then you should have 0 problem getting it thrown out.

if the ticket time is between 5:50am to 8:45pm (assuming ticket was on or around Apr. 28) then you should have 0 problem getting it thrown out.

Other than having to take time off work twice.. And having to go to court twice... And having to pay for parking twice.. No problem :cool:

my understanding from what the OP wrote was that he didnt actually get a ticket..

i agree though, they shouldnt be able to just pull you over for no reason like that.. what is he was late to be somewhere? why does he need to sit for a 10 minute traffic stop when he didnt do anything wrong?

now if he was weaving or something gave the officers a reasonable reason to double check he wasnt intoxicated.. thats a diffrent story, we didnt neccesarily get the whole story..

I don't see anything wrong with what they did. I rather have police doing random stops to see if the rider is the owner of the bike other then a thief. Regardless of what bike he on operating. The cop seemed to be polite and didn't give the rider a hard time. I get pulled over randomly at times. I don't mind as long as I know they are doing their job to insure safety and legitimate operation of the vehicle. If someone other then yourself was on your bike without your knowledge and the copper pulled them over, I'm sure you would all be happy about that. The fact still stands that he didn't even get a ticket...so what's the problem?

This is not a big deal IMO. He ran ur plate, saw u were the owner (I assume) and saw ur license was a GM1. I think they have access to that info. Either way, in watching alot of the Cops tv show, i have seen that they will investigate anything suspicious and more often than not it leads to something bigger. Although, there is usually a way to stay out of trouble.
Yes they do. I have a AM2Z they always run my plates and realize iv got a commercial licence so they really dont bother me. To the cops i have more to loose because they think i making my living driving

Back
Top Bottom