Stocks | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

my speculative investing and taking 'flyers' is money we can afford to loose. Its a couple grand for a lets try this program. Some work out, we made money in Canopy pot , three times.
Our potential retiremnet pile is split between a balance of energy (been tough) , mining and mineral and offshore industrials, it seems ok. I'm no Warren Buffet.
My broker/advisor lady has a file on the side on her desk, I call her with an awesome buy and she sits it in the file while she decides how much it should tank in a week. Shes mentioned just giving a couple hundred a month to a charity could be smarter, and I'd get a tax reciept.....

1. Wait for Donald Trump to say or do something that tanks the S&P500.
2. Buy something.
3. Wait for the nonsense to be backtracked. Might only be a day or two given how the Donald is so sensitive to what the stock market does.
4. Sell something.

LOL

Reminder for anyone using this strategy that there is stupidity currently ongoing. Dow is down quite a bit over the last couple days. Obviously there are no guarantees, but if you were in a buying mood, there are stocks which are now cheaper than they were a couple of days ago.

I'm not doing anything. I have calls sold against my positions, some of which are expiring this Friday, and the stupidity just means that I will probably hang onto the underlying shares (the calls will expire worthless) instead of having them called away. If there's a bounce in the next couple of days, then they'll be called away as originally planned.

Reminder for anyone using this strategy that there is stupidity currently ongoing. Dow is down quite a bit over the last couple days. Obviously there are no guarantees, but if you were in a buying mood, there are stocks which are now cheaper than they were a couple of days ago.

I'm not doing anything. I have calls sold against my positions, some of which are expiring this Friday, and the stupidity just means that I will probably hang onto the underlying shares (the calls will expire worthless) instead of having them called away. If there's a bounce in the next couple of days, then they'll be called away as originally planned.
Thanks for the reminder. Kids RESP contribution is now invested.

N Korea is promising the USA a xmas present.
Their leader is nuts.
I highly doubt any such gift is going to be 'gift wrapped'.
Physical gold might be the best gift you can give yourself, and loved ones. $1473 (US) right now.

Their leader is nuts.
Physical gold might be the best gift you can give yourself, and loved ones. $1473 (US) right now.
On the upside, recent leaders who are/were "nuts" have very little competence to allow them to succeed in their evil plans.

Are you talking physical gold as in actual gold in your possession? How are the transaction costs for that? I assume horrendous as every time it changes hands, the quality and quantity need to be verified. While I agree, there is probably nothing better if you are fleeing and want to take wealth with you, if you are staying put, I would think you are better investing in a stash of gold held and managed by somebody else (who also take a cut, so who knows which way is better).

Many ways to play it.
Miner stocks usually follow the trend i.e. ABX.tsx /GOLD.nyse (barrick), etf's can bounce good, HGU.tsx, JNUG.ny, GLD.ny, and my fav, NUGT.ny (3x), to name a couple.
Or buy gold. Necklaces, bracelets, watches, etc. Sell later (if there is a later).
I think (the gambler in me thinks) the timing is near perfect to catch a pop, if I buy before xmas/now, and dump if/when things over in N Korea settle (if rocketman is up to no good). And if nothing happens, gold investments will basically be a wash. IOW, I/you could be free rolling into some serious upside over the holidays.

I've got stocks in General Dynamics and a couple other weapons of mass destruction companies. Maybe N korea will help turn over the inventory.....

I've got stocks in General Dynamics and a couple other weapons of mass destruction companies. Maybe N korea will help turn over the inventory.....
Haha. I bought stocks in an Israeli UAV manufacturer for similar reasons in ~2009. It is up 270% in the last decade.

MOTA.CN pharma side of pot, should be interesting to watch. up 26% , if you were in last week you made $4,400. on 45K shares. Bill Gates wont call for lunch but up is up.

MOTA.CN pharma side of pot, should be interesting to watch. up 26% , if you were in last week you made $4,400. on 45K shares. Bill Gates wont call for lunch but up is up.

Some promising indications for epilepsy, not much for anything else. Lots of conjecture and very little in the way of recognized clinical trials data. All will be well until it’s shown not to be too much different than placebo for various indications. The problem with the pharma side of pot is that if there’s a benefit, you don’t need to go to the pharma company to get that benefit, your neighbourhood/reservation/black market pot shop will be able to help you and then it’s good bye profits. Money is made from pharma companies when they have use and synthesis patents on blockbuster drugs. This is neither.

Lspd bought 10k shares at 33 sold at 39 last week nice way to end the year.
Makes up for the acb I bought at 10 and still have probably just hold that one and hope for a recovery of some sort.
Actually sold lspd at 38 looking back tonight still a great gain and still holding on to aprox 3k shares hoping for mid 40s this year

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Damn. That's a lot of money from a single play. I don't put nearly that much money in a single stock.
More than I usually drop on one stock but it seemed like a good idea at the time less so when it went back to 29 right after buying but it came back quick and worked out. Vet has also been good this year bought before the Saudi attacks at 17 sold the day after at 24 and rebought at 19 later on sitting at 22 ish now and pays 12% dividend in between.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Their leader is nuts.

I think it was a used/expired $25 Amazon Gift Card, that will show them!

Folks who waited until the last moment to do your RRSP contribution, you have been handed a present in the form of a stock market correction. I have no crystal ball to tell whether the selling will continue or if it's over, but stocks are cheaper now than they were up until just a few days ago.

MMM.nyse
HSIC.nasdaq
Amongst many other medical items, those 2 make surgical masks......big worldwide shortage / demand atm.

When considering the possibility of buying medical-equipment stocks right now, bear in mind that this current situation is short-term, and price action in such stocks has some element of the current situation already priced in.

Today looks like another down day. Get that RRSP contribution done. Consider putting your money in stocks that have been dragged down along with everything else, but shouldn't have been.

Back
Top Bottom