Stocks | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

crankcall

Site Supporter
my speculative investing and taking 'flyers' is money we can afford to loose. Its a couple grand for a lets try this program. Some work out, we made money in Canopy pot , three times.
Our potential retiremnet pile is split between a balance of energy (been tough) , mining and mineral and offshore industrials, it seems ok. I'm no Warren Buffet.
My broker/advisor lady has a file on the side on her desk, I call her with an awesome buy and she sits it in the file while she decides how much it should tank in a week. Shes mentioned just giving a couple hundred a month to a charity could be smarter, and I'd get a tax reciept.....

Brian P

Site Supporter
1. Wait for Donald Trump to say or do something that tanks the S&P500.
2. Buy something.
3. Wait for the nonsense to be backtracked. Might only be a day or two given how the Donald is so sensitive to what the stock market does.
4. Sell something.

LOL
Reminder for anyone using this strategy that there is stupidity currently ongoing. Dow is down quite a bit over the last couple days. Obviously there are no guarantees, but if you were in a buying mood, there are stocks which are now cheaper than they were a couple of days ago.

I'm not doing anything. I have calls sold against my positions, some of which are expiring this Friday, and the stupidity just means that I will probably hang onto the underlying shares (the calls will expire worthless) instead of having them called away. If there's a bounce in the next couple of days, then they'll be called away as originally planned.

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Reminder for anyone using this strategy that there is stupidity currently ongoing. Dow is down quite a bit over the last couple days. Obviously there are no guarantees, but if you were in a buying mood, there are stocks which are now cheaper than they were a couple of days ago.

I'm not doing anything. I have calls sold against my positions, some of which are expiring this Friday, and the stupidity just means that I will probably hang onto the underlying shares (the calls will expire worthless) instead of having them called away. If there's a bounce in the next couple of days, then they'll be called away as originally planned.
Thanks for the reminder. Kids RESP contribution is now invested.

Gary

Site Supporter
N Korea is promising the USA a xmas present.
Their leader is nuts.
I highly doubt any such gift is going to be 'gift wrapped'.
Physical gold might be the best gift you can give yourself, and loved ones. $1473 (US) right now.

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
N Korea is promising the USA a xmas present.
Their leader is nuts.
I highly doubt any such gift is going to be 'gift wrapped'.
Physical gold might be the best gift you can give yourself, and loved ones. $1473 (US) right now.
On the upside, recent leaders who are/were "nuts" have very little competence to allow them to succeed in their evil plans.

Are you talking physical gold as in actual gold in your possession? How are the transaction costs for that? I assume horrendous as every time it changes hands, the quality and quantity need to be verified. While I agree, there is probably nothing better if you are fleeing and want to take wealth with you, if you are staying put, I would think you are better investing in a stash of gold held and managed by somebody else (who also take a cut, so who knows which way is better).

Gary

Site Supporter
Many ways to play it.
Miner stocks usually follow the trend i.e. ABX.tsx /GOLD.nyse (barrick), etf's can bounce good, HGU.tsx, JNUG.ny, GLD.ny, and my fav, NUGT.ny (3x), to name a couple.
Or buy gold. Necklaces, bracelets, watches, etc. Sell later (if there is a later).
I think (the gambler in me thinks) the timing is near perfect to catch a pop, if I buy before xmas/now, and dump if/when things over in N Korea settle (if rocketman is up to no good). And if nothing happens, gold investments will basically be a wash. IOW, I/you could be free rolling into some serious upside over the holidays.

crankcall

Site Supporter
I've got stocks in General Dynamics and a couple other weapons of mass destruction companies. Maybe N korea will help turn over the inventory.....

Top Bottom