Stocks | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

my speculative investing and taking 'flyers' is money we can afford to loose. Its a couple grand for a lets try this program. Some work out, we made money in Canopy pot , three times.
Our potential retiremnet pile is split between a balance of energy (been tough) , mining and mineral and offshore industrials, it seems ok. I'm no Warren Buffet.
My broker/advisor lady has a file on the side on her desk, I call her with an awesome buy and she sits it in the file while she decides how much it should tank in a week. Shes mentioned just giving a couple hundred a month to a charity could be smarter, and I'd get a tax reciept.....
I used to manage my own retirement pile when I was younger. It got big and went bust a few times before I figured out 0.75% in fees wasn't a bad deal. 5 years ago I decided I'm too old to lose another pile so I caved and pushed the stack (all in) to be managed. I still get a bit antsy when I see a stock that I like take off, but in the end my guy is slowly building the pile for me -- best decision of my life!

Personally I'm sticking with VGRO for the majority of my portfolio. And will be putting a few $ into some dividend stocks for long term DRIP.

Not really keen on gambling too much.

Not a good time to be an investor. Obviously, I did not anticipate this plunge. But ... despite taking a beating ... today was the day to take action, and dump some shares of companies where I don't foresee any good times in the foreseeable future. Some of them have been reliable dividend-payers for 10 years in the small-cap part of my portfolio. But ... Restaurants are (sadly) going to take a beating. I don't think construction companies are going to do well, either - in this environment, I foresee that projects are going to be put on hold. Oil is done, too.

We will come out the other side of this madness. It will be a different and rather unpredictable world. I'm not sure the downside madness is done ... but there will be a time to buy certain things you know people are going to need, and other things that you know people are going to want, recession or not.

In spite of all the craziness, and my long-holds down ~40-ish%, I’m trying to make the best of a bad situation.
I’ve been day trading for the last week or so and averaging about 6% a day. Made some decent coin, but I know that I’m gambling big time.....considering quitting while I’m ahead so I don’t get burned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down right now considering day trading as well to try and make some quick gains. Probably have nothing else to do soon.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Whoever chimed in re their lightspeed holdings........seems like a good time to average down?
Amazon should be a screaming buy, as online shopping should see sales like NEVER before.
As for me.....12 yrs of gains down the shitter, hoping for a bounce back, if, and when the dust settles.

Whoever chimed in re their lightspeed holdings........seems like a good time to average down?
Amazon should be a screaming buy, as online shopping should see sales like NEVER before.
As for me.....12 yrs of gains down the shitter, hoping for a bounce back, if, and when the dust settles.
In the preliminary tests, the virus has a nine day life on cardboard. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if all shipments catch a nine+ day hold before delivery. Delivery driver wears gloves and package and contents should be relatively safe. This would be a logistical nightmare though and I don't know what it would do to Amazon stock. On the other hand Amazon made most of their money from AWS. The need for additional online capacity now must be horrendous and the price may soar to match demand. Their costs were fixed, higher price means higher margin.

I sold everything at 40 thinking of getting back in soon ish

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

How is the real estate market going to fare? Is being brick rich a positive or a negative at this point?

How is the real estate market going to fare? Is being brick rich a positive or a negative at this point?
It will go in the crapper too, but -10% in the crapper, not -50%. New projects will be a very hard sell as people want to see what they are buying, not hope that it gets built.

With so much uncertainty of what the future holds, I sure as heck would not want to be buying a house now. By "brick rich" I assume you mean ownership ... having a paid-for (or almost) roof over your head is always a good thing. I essentially don't care what my house is worth - it's paid for.

It will go in the crapper too, but -10% in the crapper, not -50%. New projects will be a very hard sell as people want to see what they are buying, not hope that it gets built.

I just watched the neighbour list his house 3 days ago, now has a pending offer on it. The market seems to have been red hot lately.

Back
Top Bottom