Stocks | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

I am in 5 diff weed stocks and up several thousand from my initial investment. I would be up a considerable amount more but 2 of my weed stocks crapped the bed awhile back lol.

I never got into it to get rich I just wanted to make some money to pay off a few debts and that's looks like it will happen in the end..

I have weed, aph, acb, lhs, hip

I'll be honest; I've been pretty lax about monitoring my "investments". I have the standard bank offered RRSP's, TFSA's, and RESP's, which seem to have pretty bad returns. Looks like they're mostly invested in bond markets. Two young kids doesn't leave me with a lot of free time to research and do the self-managed stuff.

Does anybody use Vanguard? Or, more specifically, has anyone looked into the Vanguard asset allocation ETFs? I read the white papers, but not sure what to think. The Balanced portfolio would probably fall in line with my tolerance at this point. Thoughts??? https://www.vanguardcanada.ca/indiv...nformation/vanguard-asset-allocation-etfs.htm

More info here: https://canadiancouchpotato.com/2018/02/05/vanguards-one-fund-solution/
The more I read, the more it seems right up my alley, but I've never used anything outside the typical bank offerings.

Last edited:
I'll be honest; I've been pretty lax about monitoring my "investments". I have the standard bank offered RRSP's, TFSA's, and RESP's, which seem to have pretty bad returns. Looks like they're mostly invested in bond markets. Two young kids doesn't leave me with a lot of free time to research and do the self-managed stuff.

Does anybody use Vanguard? Or, more specifically, has anyone looked into the Vanguard asset allocation ETFs? I read the white papers, but not sure what to think. The Balanced portfolio would probably fall in line with my tolerance at this point. Thoughts??? https://www.vanguardcanada.ca/indiv...nformation/vanguard-asset-allocation-etfs.htm

More info here: https://canadiancouchpotato.com/2018/02/05/vanguards-one-fund-solution/
The more I read, the more it seems right up my alley, but I've never used anything outside the typical bank offerings.

I was planning on the CCP portfolio but now have VGRO for my son's RESP, and when he turns 5 I will change to a less aggressive VBAL. QuestTrade lets you buy ETFs for free, which is why I set it up there.

Waiting to get my LIRA acct as there is 20k lying there I need to move to VBAL.

I'm staying in long with Canopy, Aurora and Aphria. With the Diageo rumours and Aphria divesting from LHS I think Aphria might have a good run ahead of them. While the weed sector is volatile I am up week over week.

I have the same stocks. I had HUGE for a little while. Bought low, sold high. May buy back in again on a dip.

I have the same stocks. I had HUGE for a little while. Bought low, sold high. May buy back in again on a dip.
Same.

It looked like there was gonna be a dip today but ended in green.

Tesla just keeps going up and up I wish I put More money in it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sold my canopy stocks on a stop loss order and made a bunch of money as I bought in at $16 awhile back...I'm happy...

Kept my 4 other pot stocks though...

Sold my canopy stocks on a stop loss order and made a bunch of money as I bought in at $16 awhile back...I'm happy...

Kept my 4 other pot stocks though...

nice, still holding my CGC, it's been a tough week
around a years salary vacated my account in 3 days
got in at 1.45...so still looking at massive growth
when it gets to 80 I'm out

took a flier on EMH awhile back
has, quietly, outperformed CGC
wish I had more $ into that one

Bought a new venture exchange company EAST.V at 13 cents upon recommendation of a friend two weeks ago. Only bought 100k shares... Wish I bought a million..

Big news for aurora with coca cola potentially working with them for cannabis infused drinks.

This https://www.vox.com/business-and-fi...lray-stock-cannabis-peter-thiel-short-squeeze

Be very careful with these high fliers. Does it make sense for a company with $20 million in revenue to have a market cap of $20 billion - 1000 times revenue? Absolutely not. Speculation is rampant and that makes for wild swings up and down.

Small part of your portfolio? Go nuts. "Play money" only, not your retirement? Be my guest. If you are up big on a speculation, consider doing something Jim Cramer often suggested ... Sell enough to take out your initial investment so that you are playing with the house's money. Keeps going up? Collect your profit and move on.

I don't own any of these. I don't own anything that doesn't pay a dividend.

Lots of the cannabis stocks are over inflated. Sold my aurora yesterday and my canopy last week as a result of me being worried about that.

They are working off hypothetical numbers.

They're gonna go up Oct 17 and then they're gonna go nowhere but down after once the numbers start becoming more reasonable.

I'm not buying anymore cannabis stocks. I'm going to invest in a cannabis recreational store front franchise.

I found a really good one: Starbuds after doing due diligence on a lot of brands this one actually has approval.

Last edited:
I remember when I started a thread about 10 years ago on here to "Buy bank stocks now!!!". I got ripped on so hard because it was in the middle of the recession and the CIBC stock when to $37......fast forward 10 years and its worth $124.

So how many people did I make rich lol. I will collect my advice fees now.

I remember when I started a thread about 10 years ago on here to "Buy bank stocks now!!!". I got ripped on so hard because it was in the middle of the recession and the CIBC stock when to $37......fast forward 10 years and its worth $124.

So how many people did I make rich lol. I will collect my advice fees now.

Buying anything during a recession generally works well if you have the cash and the company goes bankrupt lol

..............now where's the next crash?

Excellent thread.

I have some weed stocks too. Thinking of doing daily trade and pocketing may be $100/$200 a day? Anyone do day trading?

Back
Top Bottom