So, who's going to be riding a new bike come spring? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So, who's going to be riding a new bike come spring?

Just picked up a 2010 kawa ninja 650. this is my first bike so it should be very interesting!

I gotta say, the standard RSV4 Factory looks pretty tasty too... makes me wonder if I made the right decision on the SE, which is mostly just paintwork (tricolour as they like to say).

528668_10151425602339162_1525823381_n.jpg

Beautiful bike... Enjoy it

Shaman who do you buy your aprilias from?

Yeah, not so much. I'm well familiar with the Aprilia brand. My Tuono (with me for its sixth season this year) has had one issue: a screw backed out and caused a very light coolant leak. Fixed with a screwdriver. One valve was slightly out at its 25K valve adjustment.

I've had some issues with dealers. It turns out that Gearheads lied to me about flashing my ECU properly, but I suspected it right from the start. Beyond that I have no complaints at all.

I also have a good friend with a 2010 RSV4. No mechanical issues, he caused himself some problems trying to fit a Bazzaz to it... turns out that Bazzaz didn't test its product so very much and it just doesn't work right. An ECU flash later and the standard fuelling works great even with his Graves exhaust.

I could relate a pile of other stories about Aprilia too, but I think you get the gist. They're not Ducati. Parts are really inexpensive too.

....that thing is extremely pretty. I have to hand it to Aprillia with their styling, beats all their competitors by a very wide margin.

Oohh Pahleeeesse! Eye of the beholder and all that aside you can’t honestly think that an RSV4’s styling “beats all their competitors by a very wide margin” can you? :confused:
No offence Shaman but no matter how you dress it up the RSV4 reminds me of that over weight Korean action star, Ug Lee. :lmao:

When looking for my new bike I checked out all the litre bikes, BMW, Aprillia, even the new Panigale. In the end it was clear, I don’t need that much horse power for the street. I’d rather push a less powerful bike to my limits then ride a more powerful bike far below it’s limits.

Now this isn’t brand new, (put 3300 klm’s on it last fall) but this summer I will be able to twist the throttle to the full 15000 rpm now that i’s well broke in.

Istride4crop.jpg

Should we find our bikes parked side by each at some Timmies lot this summer I have no doubt that the throngs of onlookers will overwhelmingly choose my F3 as the sexier, sleeker and more desirable motorcycle. ;)

However, in the end it’s not what I or anyone else thinks of your ride.
It all comes down to how big a smile it puts on your face! Enjoy your toy. :D

No offence Shaman but no matter how you dress it up the RSV4 reminds me of that over weight Korean action star, Ug Lee. :lmao:

I like it. Eye of the beholder, indeed. I'm not a fan of the MV F3/F4 styling, though... I think the new ZX-10R is really homely and though I appreciate the new CBRs, the looks aren't for me. To each his own, as they say... I like polished aluminum and multiple colour layouts. I loved the Bayliss edition 1098's looks, too. The RSV4 is a complete package with a V4 engine, though... the 1098 was $15K more, too. *shrug*

Should we find our bikes parked side by each at some Timmies lot this summer I have no doubt that the throngs of onlookers will overwhelmingly choose my F3 as the sexier, sleeker and more desirable motorcycle. ;)

Eh, it's cool and all. But I'd personally step over one to get to several other bikes. I don't like small displacement motors on the street, either... already proven that to myself. There are things I like about the F3, for sure... the triple pipes and the visible tube frame. Congratulations on owning something different.

Whatever blows your hair back. I'd beat a F3 mercilessly on a race track... if it wasn't mine. ;)

Last edited:
Just picked this bad boy up a few weeks ago. I have a few little things to do to get it certified. But the bike is MINT.. 2005 GSX-R 1000

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 73
I definitely like the RSV4 looks much more than the F4. But to each their own.. Also, I share the same view about displacement, definitely bigger is better and nicer on the street, you don't have to scream like an F1 car all the time to actually get moving.

See, this I like.

MV-Agusta-F3-Corse-Parkingo-Team.jpg

:)

Yeah, not so much. I'm well familiar with the Aprilia brand. My Tuono (with me for its sixth season this year) has had one issue: a screw backed out and caused a very light coolant leak. Fixed with a screwdriver. One valve was slightly out at its 25K valve adjustment.

I've had some issues with dealers. It turns out that Gearheads lied to me about flashing my ECU properly, but I suspected it right from the start. Beyond that I have no complaints at all.

I also have a good friend with a 2010 RSV4. No mechanical issues, he caused himself some problems trying to fit a Bazzaz to it... turns out that Bazzaz didn't test its product so very much and it just doesn't work right. An ECU flash later and the standard fuelling works great even with his Graves exhaust.

I could relate a pile of other stories about Aprilia too, but I think you get the gist. They're not Ducati. Parts are really inexpensive too.

I have only ridden mine a couple times and the sticker on the belly pan is peeling off. Ill give an update once I actually have some miles on it. Almost afraid to check the valve clearences.

Just picked this bad boy up a few weeks ago. I have a few little things to do to get it certified. But the bike is MINT.. 2005 GSX-R 1000
Love the white wheels, nice seat too :) Congrats!

-Jamie M.

Shaman who do you buy your aprilias from?

Last one was bought from Gearhead. This one will be from another source, waiting on confirmation that the pre-order is accepted still or I may switch it up. Hopefully today.

Back
Top Bottom