So, who's going to be riding a new bike come spring? | GTAMotorcycle.com

So, who's going to be riding a new bike come spring?

Shaman

I'll have two I haven't ridden yet. Who's bought something new this winter?

I bought one in late August and spent all kind of money preparing it for the 2013 track season, haven't ridden it yet...
Should be a fun one.

Two. CRF250L and an 85 GL1200. Should be interesting.

(EDIT- will update when I purchase, should have read your post closer)

Still looking but hopefully will have one for the spring. Have changed my mind a few times. My FZ1 was alsmost perfect so it is a tough bike to replace.

Currently narrowed to:

BMW r1200r if I can find a used one. or F800r or F800ST

Safe fall-back: - 2nd Gen - FZ1

Was considering a Ducati Monster or Moto Guzzi V7 Stone.

but also like to the odd weekend tour and tempted to explore more gravel roads so a VStrom or Triumph Tiger 800

I really need 2 bikes

Last edited:
Bought a new ( to me ) 2011 CB1000R. First real ride will be this spring.

still shopping/thinkingaboutit/stalling/waffling...

finalists:
vfr800
drz400s
cbr600rr

vfr800
drz400s
cbr600rr

Strange mix of choices! Used or new? Because if new... Aprilia just dropped their prices by about 1/4 on their bikes. FYI.

I didn't mention which bikes I'll be on new (to me)...

2013 RSV4 APRC Factory SE ABS - the most acronyms in any bike name, ever
2009 GSX-R 600 for the track, one of Brett McCormick's bikes

I couldn't turn down the RSV4, wanted one for years now and with the big price drop on their improved bike (bigger tank, more power, better brakes, ABS, et al) I decided it was time, and put some money down.

Last edited:
I'm selling my Ducati Hypermotard and getting an Ossa TR280i.Just a little bit of a change.;)

Pics people!
459379217428.jpg

Ossa TR280i

That thing looks like a blast to ride. I wish we had more legal trails around here, motocrossing is pretty hard on the old body... hahaha

Pics? Ehrm. OK

2013-Aprilia-RSV4-Factoy-APRC-WSBK-05.jpg

.... oh man, I wish.

I don't have a pic of the RSV4 because they won't hit Canada until April, and there are definitely visible changes. Just a marketing pic. I've already posted the 600's pic up before but here it is:

20121017_205639.jpg

2013 RSV4 APRC Factory SE ABS
I couldn't turn down the RSV4, wanted one for years now and with the big price drop on their improved bike (bigger tank, more power, better brakes, ABS, et al) I decided it was time, and put some money down.

Congrats on the Aprilia. Bloody nice bike.

I only got the K7 600 out twice last year so it's still basically a new thing to set up. It will definitely be out much more this season.

Back
Top Bottom