S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

The 24th day was included when we registered at the show, correct? Do we just show up and give our name and that's it?

If you bought a license at either show you can use it whenever you want. This practice day or any other all year.
You will need to fill in a registration, get teched and sign a waiver but ultimately you are correct.

Is there any SOAR tech guys near Brampton that wouldn't mind stopping by for some bike prep talk? I'll buy the coffee's. The bike is rolling, motor is in, I'd like to get some advice on what I need to be drilling/lockwiring/siliconing to get ready for SOAR.

It's for a 1987 FZR1000 Lost Era heavyweight bike.

Thanks.

Is there any SOAR tech guys near Brampton that wouldn't mind stopping by for some bike prep talk? I'll buy the coffee's. The bike is rolling, motor is in, I'd like to get some advice on what I need to be drilling/lockwiring/siliconing to get ready for SOAR.

Thanks.

Nope one is D/T other is Courtice
Just follow the rulebook best you can. As long as the main things are done you wont be turned away. We will extend a little room at the practice day. They will guide you best they can.
No coolant, oil plugs, caps and lines must be done, tires brakes must be suitable, no mirrors, lights,speedo. The rest is negotiable for the practice day only. First round you are expected to be in complete compliance.

Thanks.

I'm not a tech guy, but I can give you a hand and I'm in Brampton! Shoot me a PM.

Cheers

Paul

If you bought a license at either show you can use it whenever you want. This practice day or any other all year.
You will need to fill in a registration, get teched and sign a waiver but ultimately you are correct.

Is this same deal going on this year?

Thanks.

Lost Era and Vintage Hvy too?

There isnt a SOAR day at TMP we didnt get included in the marshal training day this year. The track decided to do it in conjunction with their own trackday instead. We are on track in a few weeks. We are however working on a GBM day. Your free practice day can be used at any of our events all year.

SOAR first race this weekend at Grand Bend. Everyone chant...no rain...no rain....no rain...no rain....no rain

parillaguy

Hello fellow racers,

I am looking for contact info of a fellow competitor, Stuart Pilkington
I'm currently in negotiations with an owner of a bike that Stuart previously owned, an '89 Honda CB-1, and am looking for more info/history on the bike as the current owner has only had it for the past year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
PM would be best

Thanks and see you out on the track :)

Ken, any decision yet on the possibility of running a licensing school during the May 10/11 practice weekend? If so, I am in. Might be good to post here so others are aware of the opportunity.

Nope it wont be happening sorry first school is Friday before first round and if anyone is intending on doing that, it MUST be preregistered to 1. Insure you get a spot 2. Allow us to schedule the proper number of instructors. Also a good idea to purchase a license ahead of time to guarantee your race number to allow it to be installed on your bike rather than doing it at the track.

Nope it wont be happening sorry first school is Friday before first round and if anyone is intending on doing that, it MUST be preregistered to 1. Insure you get a spot 2. Allow us to schedule the proper number of instructors. Also a good idea to purchase a license ahead of time to guarantee your race number to allow it to be installed on your bike rather than doing it at the track.

Got it - thanks Ken. Okay, get licensed Friday, BOTT LW qualifying race Saturday, endurance race Saturday, BOTT LW 10-lap race Sunday.

Sounds like a full weekend.....

Dont forget four hrs or so practice and a qualifier race on Sat. Eat your wheaties. Just think some guys run four and five classes

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom