S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

Thanks, that's what I figured but I'd hate to show up on race weekend only to find out my suit won't pass tech, if your draggin shoulder the bike is down no doubt.

Eric, There's a special section in the rules that requires you (and only you) to have a big pink X on your back.

Eric, There's a special section in the rules that requires you (and only you) to have a big pink X on your back.

Whoo hoo - a new target!

That's a big change from stock and can make the bike feel more jerky when transitioning between load and no-load especially when there isn't a lot of experience with the bike.

I would suggest a -1/stock to start with and have a +2 rear in standby if more drive is needed later on. ... just my 2 cents

To eliminate the "load/no load" syndrome adjust your throttle so that there is no free play. In other words the throttle is always just a little on.

Race/track bike application only.

To eliminate the "load/no load" syndrome adjust your throttle so that there is no free play. In other words the throttle is always just a little on.

Race/track bike application only.

That makes sense, will the bike hold an idle like that though?

Idle speed almost doesn't matter on the track. Another common trick to help solve glitchy on/off throttle behaviour is to bump the idle speed up to 3000 - 4000 rpm ...

Pit boards work for most.

If you're getting serious, race radios, but the setups can get pricey.

Pit boards work for most.

If you're getting serious, race radios, but the setups can get pricey.

Nope, for sure not that serious. My buddy and I just wanna try an endurance race for fun at the second SOAR round.

Looking for the cheapest options, looks like a pit board will do the trick. I was just thinking, how do I let him know that I'm low on gas and need to pit?

I picked up a female dry break for the tank for cheap. All I need is a dump can with male fitting. Anyone have one they're looking to sell?

Also, how long are the SOAR endurance races?

Nope, for sure not that serious. My buddy and I just wanna try an endurance race for fun at the second SOAR round.

Looking for the cheapest options, looks like a pit board will do the trick. I was just thinking, how do I let him know that I'm low on gas and need to pit?

I picked up a female dry break for the tank for cheap. All I need is a dump can with male fitting. Anyone have one they're looking to sell?
Gas - maybe pointing at the tank as you go by might work.

work out a signal system.

Pit wall at TMP is pretty close, hand signals are easy to see.

2 fingers = I'm pitting in 2 laps

In most cases, if you're just starting out, you'll be pitting before you're out of fuel(most bikes will do 1h+ at race pace on a full tank, most riders can't last that long)

depending on your pace, this gives your crew/other rider to prepare in a relaxed fashion.

other communication can be worked out on the pit board as well for lap times, pit strategy etc.

I have a Speedcom on board setup that I may be willing to sell.
2 Motorola Radios
1 On board holster
1 crew chief headset w/mic
2 upgraded helmet speaker/mic set ups
3 or 4 arm wires (different lengths)
a couple PTT Switches
2 Chargers
1 Padded alluminum carry case

Set is $1800 new I would sell for $900

The earpieces are made into plugs similar to earplugs. the mic is hardwired into your helmet. The PTT mounts on the left bar. Each rider has a wire running down their left sleeve. it plugs into your helmet and the jack w the PTT. The earpieces plug into the helmet and the PTT plugs into the radio itself which we mounted right beside the cluster protected by the birdcage.

This is our old Moto-ST setup. Not sure about range but we had no problem anywhere around Daytona (loads of interference) as well as Road America (4 mile lap w/elevation changes)

For fuel the finger or tapping the head works. Where the radios come in real handly is if you break or are having a problem you can tell your pit what the trouble is before you roll in. Its also good for a red should you be in the last corner or two and you can dive in for a pit under red instead of green.

I have a Speedcom on board setup that I may be willing to sell.
2 Motorola Radios
1 On board holster
1 crew chief headset w/mic
2 upgraded helmet speaker/mic set ups
3 or 4 arm wires (different lengths)
a couple PTT Switches
2 Chargers
1 Padded alluminum carry case

Set is $1800 new I would sell for $900

The earpieces are made into plugs similar to earplugs. the mic is hardwired into your helmet. The PTT mounts on the left bar. Each rider has a wire running down their left sleeve. it plugs into your helmet and the jack w the PTT. The earpieces plug into the helmet and the PTT plugs into the radio itself which we mounted right beside the cluster protected by the birdcage.

This is our old Moto-ST setup. Not sure about range but we had no problem anywhere around Daytona (loads of interference) as well as Road America (4 mile lap w/elevation changes)

For fuel the finger or tapping the head works. Where the radios come in real handly is if you break or are having a problem you can tell your pit what the trouble is before you roll in. Its also good for a red should you be in the last corner or two and you can dive in for a pit under red instead of green.

Yeah, that's much more than I bargined for.... literally. I think the pit board and hand/finger signals will do the trick.

Endurance races run on the saturday, correct? Also, how long are they? 3hrs?

Yeah, that's much more than I bargined for.... literally. I think the pit board and hand/finger signals will do the trick.

Endurance races run on the saturday, correct? Also, how long are they? 3hrs?

Like was said its kinda for the hardcore.
Yes Sat and yes 3 hrs

The 24th day was included when we registered at the show, correct? Do we just show up and give our name and that's it?

Back
Top Bottom