S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

IMO, they should just race with the men anyway... they are always grumbling about equality... I guess not in everything...

Kana will come and race, she is no stranger to running around beating boys... even her husband :)

Hey, I just saw this now. Good shot Jody and well deserved I guess. Hopefully that'll change this weekend at RACE - Nelson track. The feelings coming back!

Hey, I just saw this now. Good shot Jody and well deserved I guess. Hopefully that'll change this weekend at RACE - Nelson track. The feelings coming back!

All in fun sir :)

So I'm getting ready to run in the rookie cup in SOAR next season and I've been reading over the 09 rule book and everything seems pretty straight foward except I'm not sure if my suit meets the requirements listed in the rules. The rules state "Suits must NOT use any slider/knee puck device using metal, steel or a similar material designed to create sparks. No metal with exception of zippers are allow in any part of the suit." My suit however has titanium shoulder caps and I'm not sure if it will pass, the metal on the suit is not intended to be a slider and will not make contact with the track unless the unfortunate event of a crash. Can anybody tell me weather or not it will pass tech inspection?

Ti and metal shoulders are OK, your bike is meta/alum. but when your shoulder touches so is your bike in all probability. It's intended dragging parts like pucks and maybe toe sliders that are not to be metal for damage to tarmac and sparks that distract other competitors I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks, that's what I figured but I'd hate to show up on race weekend only to find out my suit won't pass tech, if your draggin shoulder the bike is down no doubt.

Ti and metal shoulders are OK, your bike is meta/alum. but when your shoulder touches so is your bike in all probability. It's intended dragging parts like pucks and maybe toe sliders that are not to be metal for damage to tarmac and sparks that distract other competitors I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

+1 you'll be fine with Ti shoulders

Sorry guys but the closer I get the more questions I seem to have, hopeful someone here can give me some opinions on what gearing seems to work best at TMP? The bike is a 07 600rr with a stock motor, bmc race filter and full akrapvic evo system, I dont have any solid hp numbers right now but I'm assuming 105-110 hp if that matters.

Sorry guys but the closer I get the more questions I seem to have, hopeful someone here can give me some opinions on what gearing seems to work best at TMP? The bike is a 07 600rr with a stock motor, bmc race filter and full akrapvic evo system, I dont have any solid hp numbers right now but I'm assuming 105-110 hp if that matters.

What works best for you might not work best for someone else.

You might be faster/slower and carry more/less cornerspeed resulting to different speeds and revs at any given time. Just get out there and ride and see what you like best.

Last edited:

You might be faster/slower and carry more/less cornerspeed resulting to different speeds and revs and any given time. Just get out there and ride and see what you like best.

+1

And with the addition of the TMP Hooligan (reverse :)) Track to this years schedule the gearing might have to change between rounds...

so going 1 down in the front and a good variety of rears I should be able to find something that works, I've only done 1 track day @ TMP and it was on my R1 so gearing wasn't a big issue.

so going 1 down in the front and a good variety of rears I should be able to find something that works, I've only done 1 track day @ TMP and it was on my R1 so gearing wasn't a big issue.

If your gonna pick something ahead of time, than i'd say for TMP go -1/+3

If your gonna pick something ahead of time, than i'd say for TMP go -1/+3

That's a big change from stock and can make the bike feel more jerky when transitioning between load and no-load especially when there isn't a lot of experience with the bike.

I would suggest a -1/stock to start with and have a +2 rear in standby if more drive is needed later on. ... just my 2 cents

That's a big change from stock and can make the bike feel more jerky when transitioning between load and no-load especially when there isn't a lot of experience with the bike.

I would suggest a -1/stock to start with and have a +2 rear in standby if more drive is needed later on. ... just my 2 cents

OK thanks, I have to pick a starting point because I bought the bike in pieces and there was no chain or rear sprocket. I'm switching it over to 520 for the variety of sprockets sizes but I'm pretty clueless as to where to start because this is my first purpose built track bike. I figured going -1 in the front was a must and I guess I'll grab +1 and +2 for the rear and see how it goes.

Last year I ran a 14-45 (if memory serves correct) sprocket setup there, and would not quite top out 6th gear. I was running low 1:17's high 16's. That is on a 03 zx6rr.

Last edited:

You might be faster/slower and carry more/less cornerspeed resulting to different speeds and revs at any given time. Just get out there and ride and see what you like best.

+1

I ran +7 on my bike for my first race and liked it, but Im used to big gearing...I did my first track day at TMP with +13, that was a bit much even for me...

+1

I ran +7 on my bike for my first race and liked it, but Im used to big gearing...I did my first track day at TMP with +13, that was a bit much even for me...[/QUOTE]

LOL

Trackhead....

You loved it.
:D

And r u gonna come play at "other" locations with me this season or what....???

+1

I ran +7 on my bike for my first race and liked it, but Im used to big gearing...I did my first track day at TMP with +13, that was a bit much even for me...[/QUOTE]

And r u gonna come play at "other" locations with me this season or what....???

Probably not, gonna save my money for races....Although Id like to do Calabogie

I think the better question is are you going to stop "playing" and come out and race? I did it so there is no excuse!

Back
Top Bottom