Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 193 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Death on The Nile | 20th Century Studios

confusing start but hang in.

Been dying to watch this "sequel" to Murder on the Orient Express.

Yeah DLed that for some diversion. Watching Shannarra Chronicles purely for same reason and cute girls.
Plus New Zealand landscapes...bit soapy otherwise tho makes me laugh at times with the incongruity of objects....
Such a sad way to portray Brooks' books. Perfectly manicured "apocalyptic" lands. Mostly spotless and new clothing. About the only thing that they got right, was the Space Needle in the opening credits. Pure soap opera, worthy of The WB.

Watched “Get Duked” last night.
About a group of 4 Scottish delinquents whom are sent out on an orienteering adventure in the Highlands in order to make up for assorted f-ups they made. End up being hunted by a couple of mad men.

It’s a comedy with some action. Low budget. And simply awesome.

large_infinite-storm-poster-2022.jpeg

Hardly recognized Naomi Watts. - not great reviews but my kind of true story movie.

Lost City did not make it.

Wrath of Man was decent ...good tension building and I like the lead.

pure mayhem tho liked the cast..
[youtube]
Had a bad sound track which detracted a bit....are movies a way for LA Police to pay for the insane toys.

Just finished Everything Everywhere All At Once.

I don't understand all the hype this film got.

No real clear plot, super repetitive, and some of the most juvenile humor I've seen since Kingsman: The Golden Circle - I mean really; getting beat to a bloody pulp by 2 foot long dildos?

2 hours and 19 minutes too long.

Watched
Predictable, cliche, and somewhat humorous, nothing ground breaking.
The weirdest part was just watching Rebel Wilson, after the weight loss she just seems so different.

Started watching DREDD recently after reading an article about how good it is...

1653593260272.png

Not bad so far. Only at the beginning but looking forward to finishing it. Didn't know Carl Urban is DREDD under the mask as he never takes it off. I like him in THE BOYS (which S3 starts soon).

Started watching DREDD recently after reading an article about how good it is...

View attachment 55266

Not bad so far. Only at the beginning but looking forward to finishing it. Didn't know Carl Urban is DREDD under the mask as he never takes it off. I like him in THE BOYS (which S3 starts soon).
This movie was a far better adaptation than the 1995 Stalone vehicle. And that's all that it was. It bore little resemblance to the original comic book, save some of the ancillary characters that were thrown into it. (That was a lawsuit, waiting to happen BTW.) If it had been true to the original then Stalone's Dredd would have been injured, in some way, that would have necessitated his face be bandaged. You NEVER see Dredd's face in the comics.

This movie was a far better adaptation than the 1995 Stalone vehicle. And that's all that it was. It bore little resemblance to the original comic book, save some of the ancillary characters that were thrown into it. (That was a lawsuit, waiting to happen BTW.) If it had been true to the original then Stalone's Dredd would have been injured, in some way, that would have necessitated his face be bandaged. You NEVER see Dredd's face in the comics.
I knew it was a comic before but I didn’t know the history compared to the Stallone version (which I’ve never seen but heard / read it was horrible).

Edit: good movie. Finished it and enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Saw it in IMAX last night. It's no Oscar contender, but man does it push my buttons:

Was worth it. And the previews….oh man!

Really? I found it slow with all the staring into eyes stuff. Ffs you got fighter jets. Quit mooning over everything, penny, goose, rooster, ice.... plus the leap to Penny????

The dogfight sceneces and training were fantastic though!

Back
Top Bottom