Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 195 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Hobbit trilogy was a stretch to make 3 movies while LOTR should have been 4.

Star Wars II and III worth a revisit ... I not so much cept for yummy teen Natalie Portman who was only 16 when filming started.
This Sherlock actress could have played Padme Amidala in Star Wars | Radio  Times

I had not realized Kiera Knightly was one of the "duplicate" queens.
Keira Knightley Literally Can't Remember Who She Plays In Star Wars |  Cinemablend

Have you watched The Expanse? Big sprawling scifi filmed in Toronto at Pinewood.

Last edited:
Was watching Dr Strange 2 last night. (I didn't finish it fell asleep, not because it wasn't good)
Was decent, story was a bit all over the place, but well done effort as usual by Marvel.
They really got the casting correct with Cumberbach on this one.

Edit. Just realized Sam Rami was the director, that explains a few things, he definately left some of his signature styles on the movie.

Last edited:
Hobbit trilogy was a stretch to make 3 movies while LOTR should have been 4.

Star Wars II and III worth a revisit ... I not so much cept for yummy teen Natalie Portman who was only 16 when filming started.
This Sherlock actress could have played Padme Amidala in Star Wars | Radio  Times

I had not realized Kiera Knightly was one of the "duplicate" queens.
Keira Knightley Literally Can't Remember Who She Plays In Star Wars |  Cinemablend't Remember Who She Plays In Star Wars |  Cinemablend

Have you watched The Expanse? Big sprawling scifi filmed in Toronto at Pinewood.
Ewww.

Doing the entire Star Wars Cycle in movie chrono order and realized I had not seen III

View attachment 56026
I recently did the entire list of movies in order of release...really enjoyed it actually.

Considering I've never seen the newer releases in full (1-3) + the others (except for Solo) I really enjoyed it.

Loved Obi-Wan.
Mandalorian - awesome.
Book of Boba Fett - meh.

The Man From Toronto - Despite the name, and being filmed in the GTA, there is no actual Toronto content. Otherwise it's a fun though highly implausible movie. Typical Kevin Hart movie, but with Woody Harrelson replacing the typical Rock tough guy role.

The Man From Toronto - Despite the name, and being filmed in the GTA, there is no actual Toronto content. Otherwise it's a fun though highly implausible movie. Typical Kevin Hart movie, but with Woody Harrelson replacing the typical Rock tough guy role.

That’s finally out? The location shooting was done in Milton about 4 years ago. I was wondering when it was going to be released

That’s finally out? The location shooting was done in Milton about 4 years ago. I was wondering when it was going to be released

Yup, on Netflix

Trash movie, IMHO, however I did enjoy seeing footage of beat up Gardiner Expy overpass 🤣

"The Princess" on Netflix - Young princess gets kidnapped in virtually the first 30 seconds of the movie and then spends the rest of it "rescuing" herself. So violent that it's almost cartoonish. The odd use of spicy language, but not a lot. Barely noticed it, actually, so it was used appropriately. Excellent fight choreography. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

"The Princess" on Netflix - Young princess gets kidnapped in virtually the first 30 seconds of the movie and then spends the rest of it "rescuing" herself. So violent that it's almost cartoonish. The odd use of spicy language, but not a lot. Barely noticed it, actually, so it was used appropriately. Excellent fight choreography. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Do you mean the one on Disney+ as that's the only one I could find. Made it about 15-20min and turned it off. Seemed too childish.

Can't remember if I have ever mentioned this movie before. It's available through Prime in the US, but I had to watch it through Youtube's system up here. It's called "A Bit of Bad Luck" and it stars Cary Elwes. It's an exceedingly dark comedy about a doctor who cheats on his wealthy wife, then has his whole life start to fall apart. I know a Metric Buttload of people in this movie. In one scene a friend of mine punches Elwes. He *REALLY* punches him. Seems that Elwes is pretty damned Method and told him to do it.

Last edited:
Critics got this wrong at the time and it's become a classic ...energy is infectious ....audience at the time got it correct tho. (y)

Anyone that lived/endured the late 50s/early 60s knows exactly ....

good article - quite the A-list that missed out

Critics got this wrong at the time and it's become a classic ...energy is infectious ....audience at the time got it correct tho. (y)

Anyone that lived/endured the late 50s/early 60s knows exactly ....

good article - quite the A-list that missed out
The original is a classic. The remake was painful.

Back
Top Bottom