Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 153 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Bad Santa is always on my Xmas watch list, usually along with Love Actually (cheesy, plus it's fun to see the guy from The Walking Dead in it before he was really famous).

Bad Santa 2 was a huge letdown though. I was really looking forward to that sequel too.
Agreed on all that. I tried again last year to watch Bad Santa 2 and only made it halfway. We watch Love Actually every year near this time.

Watched The Irishman... it was ok, a little long. Someone said it was at he old guard of mob films, totally was. I found the beginning more interesting then the ending, which just fizzled.

I tried to watch that, gave up maybe 1/4 of the way through
the scene where DeNiro kicks the shop owner through glass door was pathetic
turned it off after that

they needed to find a more agile stunt double for that scene and others
or just take the scene out if the geriatric lead can't do it any longer

decided to watch this after recently watching The Departed
now THAT is a good film

The Highwaymen with Costner and Woody Harrelson. Really enjoyed it, little different view on the Bonnie and Clyde story.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Almost time for Scrooge (1951 Alistair Sim), Scrooged (1988 Bill Murray), It's a Wonderful Life (1946, James Stewart), Miracle on 34th Street (1947 Edmund Gwynn), Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer (1964, Burl Ives), and Christmas Mail (2010, Ashley Scott).

Almost time for Scrooge (1951 Alistair Sim), Scrooged (1988 Bill Murray), It's a Wonderful Life (1946, James Stewart), Miracle on 34th Street (1947 Edmund Gwynn), Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer (1964, Burl Ives), and Christmas Mail (2010, Ashley Scott).
Scrooged is one of my fav holiday movies. It has a bit of everything, plus classic 80's Bill Murray is great!

I thought Rambo was very good, excellent actually!
Watched Rambo last blood today, was ok, not great, not bad. They could have done a lot more with it. It seems they may have wanted to with all the old scenes in the end credits. The first Rambo was a decent movie.

you old softy.......I’m going to line a few of those up too I think.

Forgot about:
- The Irishman - Love all the main actors and characters, but found it to be quite slow at times. Probably shorten by an hour at least and you won't lose much.
- El Camino - Couldn't wait for it to finish....didn't like it, couldn't get into it, hoped for something good to happen, anything, but was disappointed in the end.

Klaus - Animated tale of how Santa became Santa somewhat. Wife and I really enjoyed it. Good for kids and adults and it's on Netflix.

Frozen II was pretty good. I was expecting the blonde to find her true love and the red-head her true power; they surprised me.

Ad Astra - how dumb was that.. pirate moon chase, unexplained, and angry space monkeys for no reason. (y)

We're getting to that time, so I got tickets for the new Star Wars film in Cineplex VIP and my favorite seats (it's worth it for me); the last film of the latest trilogy. For a change, this holiday season we're going to this movie Christmas day in the early evening, and planning to incorporate a good meal out as well. If I didn't have a big family meal Christmas eve (it will be good) I would have chosen that day. Either way, a number of quality restaurant options are open downtown in any good sized city (which is great). It's also sandwiched between a number of must-have family home holiday meals. I haven't been out to a movie in a while so I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
6 Underground

Two thumbs up! Can't believe they did this movie on 150 million $ budget.

Last edited:
Reactions: nfq
6 Underground

Two thumbs up! Can't believe they did this movie on 150 million $ budget.
Not sure if your are being scarcastic. When I see that Michael Bay is part of the project I shuder at the though of it.

Not sure if your are being scarcastic. When I see that Michael Bay is part of the project I shuder at the though of it.
When's the last time you saw a 20 minute car chase with Italian cars? :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nfq

Back
Top Bottom