Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 208 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Yup this is happening.... don't laugh.. Is it still about cars?
(there are some bikes in there too!)

Remember with Christopher Plummer. Great twist at the end. Two thumbs up.

I did not realize it had not been made into a movie
The "Making of" is also very interesting.

Don’t think it should win Best Picture but was well done.
Dunkirk the better film I think.

English Patient too and Saving Private Ryan
this of course was astonishing an apparent single take
It garnered ten nominations at the 92nd Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director for Mendes. The film went on to win three awards, including Best Cinematography (Deakins), Best Sound Mixing (Taylor and Wilson), and Best Visual Effects.

The Missing ....quite a cast, a young Evan Rachel Wood with
Cate Blanchet and Tommy Lee Jones...as main leads.
Blanchett can really ride
Val Kilmer too aboard this.

Last edited:
The missing has some great script . Tommy lee deadpans some lines that shouldn’t be funny but are so blunt it’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Pretty active role for an old fart tho the movie is getting a bit hoary too.
The young daughter was hilarious - tough to keep up with a couple of superstars and an upcoming one.
Some trite and predictable moments but excellent villian and Cate can not only ride but handles a gun well,

Been a while but time to revisit The Big Lebowski…

Always enjoy it whenever I see it, and I can’t remember how many times I’ve watched it.

A Man Called Otto.
A Tom Hanks movie. Not bad. Starts a bit slow but slowly sinks the hook to keep you watching.
Well done and excellent acting overall.

A Man Called Otto.
A Tom Hanks movie. Not bad. Starts a bit slow but slowly sinks the hook to keep you watching.
Well done and excellent acting overall.
I just watched that on Saturday too. Was "OK". At the beginning it reminded me a lot of Gran Torino, but soon after became different enough to be its own movie.

I also watched Cannibal Holocaust. A friend from work told me about it last week and piqued my morbid curiosity.

I didn't even make it halfway through. Nobody should watch this thing. Nobody.

Some of you are going to laugh at me...but I just watched "Rambo- First Blood" for the first time ever, and I thought it was a great movie.

Touches on points that are still relevant today.

Some of you are going to laugh at me...but I just watched "Rambo- First Blood" for the first time ever, and I thought it was a great movie.

I just watched "Rambo- First Blood" for the first time ever, and I thought it was a great movie.

If you can get past the 2T foley they used for the 4T TT he's getting chased on.

Classic 80's movie and the best of the Rambo series. Definitely was kinda original.

The Banshees of Inisherin

Artsy fartsy overhyped bollocks. Turned it off as it annoyed me. It’ll probably win a boatload of Oscars.

Looked very pretty from the beginning then the nasty contrived dialogue seeped in and off downhill it went into film school land.

Oscars now irrelevant for me - had been drifting that way since Roma - the slap last year was entertaining :mad:
This year - junk wins for inclusivity and paying debts. I like Michelle Yeoh but the film was an unentertaining mess.
Then a fat guy stage effort that no one went to see wins Best Actor over the highly entertaining Elvis. Bah humbug
Pasted Graphic.tiff

Last edited:
Lately, I've been getting movie recommendations from GTAM members and they have been better than the usual crappy *** recommendations by the critics or imdb (anyone know thinks Elecktra is ultra epic idiot).

Here is my recommendation!

The Cove (2009)
imdb - The Cove (2009) - IMDb
trailer - The Cove - Oceanic Preservation Society
Synopsis - "Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renown dolphin trainer Ric O’Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health."

It was enjoyable to see how hardcore environmentalist/animal rights group operate. More entertaining than Ocean's 11. I learned quite a bit from it. Found it to be more than just a documentary, quite exciting to watch.
You gotta watch the new puss and boots movie thought it would be a ****** kids movie but beautiful animation great story and genuinely a fantastic ending from a cinematography view

Back
Top Bottom