Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 210 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Just a cover ? :rolleyes: Don't think so ....and it was the performance and audience that set it apart ...Simon rarely ever gives anyone a standing ovation, he did that night...there was just flat out electricity in the audience.....frisson big time.

Mad World’ singer Gary Jules calls Adam Lambert’s cover ‘unique and beautiful’

Jules, who’s famous for his own cover of the Tears for Fears song, calls Adam the most interesting contestant ‘Idol’ has ever had

Just a cover ? :rolleyes: Don't think so ....and it was the performance and audience that set it apart ...Simon rarely ever gives anyone a standing ovation, he did that night...there was just flat out electricity in the audience.....frisson big time.

I just think there was more originality in Jules' version from the original Tears For Fears than from Lambert's to Jules'. I am only commenting on the originality, not the performance itself.

Fair renough ..different views. Still gets to me. I liked the dynamic range Adam put into his performance....I actually think he would be a better ballad singer than a rocker but hey....Queen is happy.

I saw Tears for Fears play in front of a massive crowd from the top of a French bus shelter many many moons ago (fete de La musique in June across France with free concerts all over, also saw Santana and a few others). I’m not generally a fan of many covers as now that puts the singer in the realm of the karaoke star, which is also why I never watched any of the pop idol series.

Back to movies:

Sniper: Rogue Mission on Netflix. No. Don’t do it. It’s ******* terrible.

Age of Heroes. Sean Bean is in this one about the origins of special operations groups during WWII. Older film (2011) but still quite good.

Not a bad flick but lacking some of that Guy Richie polish.
I seem to recall this exact schtick being used in another movie. As that movie didn't involve Aubrey Plaza, it would have been inferior.

Just watched "Life After Beth" last night and she does great deadpan unhinged.

"Reminiscence" on Netflix - It's an old school Film Noire movie, in a SciFi setting. Global Warming has raised sea levels to the point that Miami is under water. Even the habitable streets have a few inches of water in them, constantly, except for the homes of the ultra rich that are behind dams. There have been recent wars, but life goes on much as it does now. Stars Huge Ack-man, Rebecca Ferguson, and Thandiwe Newton. Very much recommended.

"Reminiscence" on Netflix - It's an old school Film Noire movie, in a SciFi setting. Global Warming has raised sea levels to the point that Miami is under water. Even the habitable streets have a few inches of water in them, constantly, except for the homes of the ultra rich that are behind dams. There have been recent wars, but life goes on much as it does now. Stars Huge Ack-man, Rebecca Ferguson, and Thandiwe Newton. Very much recommended.

Set in 2024 then?

I like Emma Watson and this is pure pavlova. (y)
Did not know she danced ballet professionally for 8 years. Thought she would have made enough off Harry Potter cycle for a life of leisure.
Emma trained at the Royal Ballet School and danced professionally for 8 years with London City Ballet and English National Ballet.
Top notch Brit cast and I need to get through a few British productions on my BritBox stream. I noticed Ghandi on the list.

ah I enjoyed that - reminded me of this ....but this one happens to be true.
My_Family_and_Other_Animals_2005_film.jpg

Last edited:
Another good one, in the suspense/thriller genre is "The Menu." It stars Ralph Fiennes, Anya Taylor-Joy, Hong Chau, and Nicholas Hoult. A bit of trivia that a friend filled me in on is that John Leguizamo based his character in it on Steven Seagal, because of how much he dislikes him.

EDIT - Here's a quote from him, about Seagal, that I just found.

"I've met lots of these stars like that, maybe before they were washed up," he says. "I mean, now they're washed-up. I kind of based mine on Steven Seagal. I had a bad run-in with him. We did a movie together. It was Executive Decision. He's kind of a horrible human."

Last edited:
I might just give "Filth City" a watch. I saw that it was either on Roku or Tubi; can't remember which. It's a fictionalized comedy version of the Rob Ford crack cocaine scandal.

I might just give "Filth City" a watch. I saw that it was either on Roku or Tubi; can't remember which. It's a fictionalized comedy version of the Rob Ford crack cocaine scandal.

Here's the trailer.

Watched a few movies over the past little while

Tetris: was good

Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania
- Both were okish nether bad or very good, Movies seem to becoming more like high end computer FX/Animation then traditional movies judging by these 2. Almost everything in the shots are computer generated.

Shazam Fury of the Gods: was meh, first one was better.

Back
Top Bottom