Obesity | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Obesity

And city design. North america is so spread out that walking to anywhere is approaching impossible for most people. Add in crappy street/road design that makes walking a very unpleasant experience. For the most part, we (north americans) only walk occasionally for recreation and that is easier for some people than others to get to somewhere nice.

Why doesn't the "E" in E-bike stand for exercise? Most E-bike riders I see need exercise more than they need electricity

I remember my teenage son downing 8000cals a day while training to maintain weight at 165. When he stopped training he ballooned to 230, then readjusted his diet to 2500 cals and returned to 150 where he has been for the last 10 yrs.
8000 calories a day?!? Holy christ. What was he training for?

Biologically speaking, you must eat fewer calories than you burn to lose weight -- there’s no way around it.

Genes, choices of foods, activity levels, stressors, education all play a part however it is really boils down to understanding what and how much you can eat.
Yes but... lol

All calories aren't created equal.

It's the base of balanced eating, the quantity.

1631756605284.png

Biologically speaking, you must eat fewer calories than you burn to lose weight -- there’s no way around it.

Genes, choices of foods, activity levels, stressors, education all play a part however it is really boils down to understanding what and how much you can eat.

Race horses get very specific diets to maximize their performance. We have a choice but a lot make bad choices. We should feed ourselves like it was a business set for maximum profit. I'd go bankrupt.

Some people can do it but if you grew up without the right diet smarts it takes years of struggling for the right thing to become your normal habit.

I changed my diet recently to only eat natural foods, eat full fat everything, lot of proteins too. Just cut wheat, cut processed foods, and keep carbs under 100g. So 1 bowl of rice a day+fruit+oats. Losing weight. Love all the food I can eat. Don’t crave junk food. I binge on carbs but maybe only every other week.

Tldr; I feel there needs to be hunkering down on carbs and encouraging people to eat full fats again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fat is part of a healthy diet, just not an all fat diet. Children need fat for proper development.

Most of the ham-beasts i work with have had or are going to have knee surgery...
They are all oblivious to the possibility that their mass might have something to do with their knees being shot.

One guy can't get into nor out of a chair without making what I can only describe as really gross sex noises.

The gunts on some of the women are sure to blame for much of my PTSD.

Have a close look at what high fructose corn syrup is actually in…literally everything

Their lobbyists are pretty good.
Also part of the government farm subsidy game. In order to actually ship the corn and do something with it instead of just paying farmers to bury it where it sits, we have high-fructose corn syrup and ethanol. They are not prevalent because they are the best for the users.

I remember my teenage son downing 8000cals a day while training to maintain weight at 165. When he stopped training he ballooned to 230, then readjusted his diet to 2500 cals and returned to 150 where he has been for the last 10 yrs.
When my wife took an outward bound course she was canoeing, portaging, hiking and climbing cliffs. They had a special bread that was hundreds of calories per slice. When she got home she ate so much I thought I wouldn't be able to afford her anymore.

If the average westerner ate the appropriate amount of food the excess would supplement the diets of all the refugees in camps to healthy levels. EVERYONE would be healthier. The insulin business would tank.

If the average westerner ate the appropriate amount of food the excess would supplement the diets of all the refugees in camps to healthy levels. EVERYONE would be healthier. The insulin business would tank.

I remember my first trip to the US almost twenty years ago. Went to a burger chain in San Francisco I don't remember the name of and got a meal. Clerk asked if I wanted to upsize it. I asked how big the upsize was, the guy pulled out a cup that must have been at least 1.5L. I didn't get it.

I remember my first trip to the US almost twenty years ago. Went to a burger chain in San Francisco I don't remember the name of and got a meal. Clerk asked if I wanted to upsize it. I asked how big the upsize was, the guy pulled out a cup that must have been at least 1.5L. I didn't get it.

When your cold drink container has a bail on it you might want to think about it.

Nah. A cruller. Deep fried in fat with a sugary crust in every crevice, artificial flavour and fake orange bits. Make sure you get some exercise though. Walk in. Don't use the drive through
I don't disagree. In the olden days when Timmies made all their doughnut locally I loved the crullers. Fritters were the best back then, big chunks of apple and irregular shapes to hold all the sugar and fat. If I ate now like I did then, I'd be 300 pounds.

Last edited:
@nobbie48 I don't disagree with anything you're saying and do also understand medication thing (PTSD as one example.) I also understand how badly the odds are stacked against success due to our circumstances.

And it's because that I had to tell myself to shut the **** up and just go. It's too easy to rationalize not to work out or to eat garbage. It's very easy to relate to "my work day sucked", "I have depression", or "my workplace has a drinking party, I should go fit in."

**** the noise, stick to the plan and keep going. And yes, it's a constant internal war. If you want to lose weight bad enough, this mentality does work. There's just a massive cost as you already know.

I equate eating ‘appropriately’ to quitting smoking. No one can make you do it. When you’re ready put the effort in you will.

I equate eating ‘appropriately’ to quitting smoking. No one can make you do it. When you’re ready put the effort in you will.
100% agree.

I used to be the guy drinking coke out of a 2L bottle every day, supersizing my meals at McDonald's probably every other day and hitting the greasy spoon diners all the time. And I loved it and really enjoyed it. I was still working out every day, doing super physical work for a living and had a very high metabolism. Every Saturday morning, I could easily eat 4 Sausage and Egg McMuffins and 4 hashbrowns. For dinners I would eat 2 burgers wherever we went, or 2 roti's or 2 shwarma's or whatever. Always in excess because I loved the taste and I love eating. My fmaily and friends were often amazed that I could eat so much, and so poorly and not gain weight.

I smoked a few packs a week for 18 years and never wanted to quit. I enjoyed smoking and had a cigarette whenever I felt like enjoying a smoke - after a spicy meal, before going to the gym, while riding my motorcycle, at breaks during school and work, etc.

The catalyst for me to change was one day I was smoking a cigarette and I just looked down at the heater and thought that my lungs probably looked like that ash on the heater. So I took a few more nice big inhales of that smoke and then said to myself that I was done with it. The simple message to myself was if I couldn't keep that promise to myself, then my word means nothing to anyone, anywhere. And I haven't smoked in 15 years because of it.

Once I stopped smoking, about 4 months later I decided to change my diet too. On NYE of 2006 we were at my best friends house and his wife cooked this amazing roast ham. I took a nice piece of it and it was incredible - like perfectly seasoned and cooked. And I thought, I think this is the perfect moment to give up meat and change my eating habits. I didn't tell anyone, but it was my personal decision. And it wasn't a NYE resolution - because I don't believe in those - it was just the right moment for me. And from then on I haven't eaten meat, haven't been back to a McDonalds, stopped drinking excess soda and junk food overall and eat single portions now instead of 2 meals all the time.

But only because I was ready and willing to put the effort in for myself and not because someone pressured me to.

If only it were as easy as just a mindset. Physical and mental limitations have a huge impact on how many calories a person can burn.
A person confined to a wheelchair can only do so much. Same goes for someone with joints that have been damaged.
A mental disability like agorophobia makes outdoor exercise impossible.
There are a lot of varying degrees of both examples.
If only everyone had minds and bodies that were capable. Sadly, we are all just human, and sometimes intolerant of anyone that doesn't fit our definitions.

If only it were as easy as just a mindset. Physical and mental limitations have a huge impact on how many calories a person can burn.
A person confined to a wheelchair can only do so much. Same goes for someone with joints that have been damaged.
A mental disability like agorophobia makes outdoor exercise impossible.
There are a lot of varying degrees of both examples.
If only everyone had minds and bodies that were capable. Sadly, we are all just human, and sometimes intolerant of anyone that doesn't fit our definitions.

I watch videos of ppl on wheelchairs doing pull ups and ****, then tell myself "if they can do it, what the ****'s wrong with you?" There's also a few old guys, who have no business lifting, pulling 300+ deadlifts that I've used for motivation.

Don't get me wrong, I understand all the good reasons. I, personally, won't let myself accept them to prevent willpower degradation. My mental state is not as strong as @shanekingsley's where I could quit smoking or lose weight simply because "I wanted to." Even when I wanted to, I constantly failed. The solution I found, personally, was to show myself no mercy, and take **** tons of pride in it (which results in projection.)

While I try not to judge others for different paths, I cannot allow empathy for someone because they have arthritis, PTSD, stress, whatever, and can't work out. I can only give them empathy if they do, otherwise my own willpower degrades. We all have good reasons to not workout or succumb to the stress after all. I'm pretty damn sure more people are like me than @shanekingsley or we'd all lose weight, quit smoking, and stop addictions with ease lol

I watch videos of ppl on wheelchairs doing pull ups and ****, then tell myself "if they can do it, what the ****'s wrong with you?" There's also a few old guys, who have no business lifting, pulling 300+ deadlifts that I've used for motivation.

Don't get me wrong, I understand all the good reasons. I, personally, won't let myself accept them to prevent willpower degradation. My mental state is not as strong as @shanekingsley's where I could quit smoking or lose weight simply because "I wanted to." Even when I wanted to, I constantly failed. The solution I found, personally, was to show myself no mercy, and take **** tons of pride in it (which results in projection.)

While I try not to judge others for different paths, I cannot allow empathy for someone because they have arthritis, PTSD, stress, whatever, and can't work out. I can only give them empathy if they do, otherwise my own willpower degrades. We all have good reasons to not workout or succumb to the stress after all. I'm pretty damn sure more people are like me than @shanekingsley or we'd all lose weight, quit smoking, and stop addictions with ease lol
You watch too many videos.
You do judge others.
It's tiring reading a lot of this stuff.

You watch too many videos.
You do judge others.
It's tiring reading a lot of this stuff.
Likely ADD. His brain operates at a billion times a second, mine does too. Difference is he’s very cognizant of his thoughts and really likes to deep dive about train of thought. Kudos for being able to put pen to paper.

I have ADHD. Whenever I was asked by my parents or a shrink “what are you thinking about?” I never had an answer. I’m not capable of breaking down my own thoughts to this extent.

Back
Top Bottom