Obesity | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Obesity

Likely ADD. His brain operates at a billion times a second, mine does too. Difference is he’s very cognizant of his thoughts and really likes to deep dive about train of thought. Kudos for being able to put pen to paper.

I have ADHD. Whenever I was asked by my parents or a shrink “what are you thinking about?” I never had an answer. I’m not capable of being aware of my own thoughts.
Actually I have nothing; checked a few times already because I wanted a magic pill.

Thanks for the kind words tho.

Actually I have nothing; checked a few times already because I wanted a magic pill.

Thanks for the kind words tho.
Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes it takes one to know one. 🙂

I don't disagree. In the olden days when Timmies made all their doughnut locally I loved the crullers. Fritters were the best back then, big chunks of apple and irregular shapes to hold all the sugar and fat. If I ate now like I did then, I'd be 300 pounds.

My dream donut shop was Primrose on Dundas near Howard Park. They've been gone for quite a a few years now but before all the Timmies they supplied most of the local restaurants. The selection wasn't big but the flavour and texture was awesome. I'd buy a dozen and six would make it home.

@nobbie48 I don't disagree with anything you're saying and do also understand medication thing (PTSD as one example.) I also understand how badly the odds are stacked against success due to our circumstances.

And it's because that I had to tell myself to shut the **** up and just go. It's too easy to rationalize not to work out or to eat garbage. It's very easy to relate to "my work day sucked", "I have depression", or "my workplace has a drinking party, I should go fit in."

**** the noise, stick to the plan and keep going. And yes, it's a constant internal war. If you want to lose weight bad enough, this mentality does work. There's just a massive cost as you already know.
Everyone has their own path and I'm glad you found yours. There can be good and bad peer pressure and the ever present "I told you" types that do more harm than good by rubbing it in. See, you should have listened to me before.

I equate eating ‘appropriately’ to quitting smoking. No one can make you do it. When you’re ready put the effort in you will.

As mentioned before one doesn't have to smoke and can stop. You do have to eat but control the intake.

Being frugal doesn't help. Eat everything on your plate. A friend was on a diet and still ate fries but only the perfect ones.

If only it were as easy as just a mindset. Physical and mental limitations have a huge impact on how many calories a person can burn.
A person confined to a wheelchair can only do so much. Same goes for someone with joints that have been damaged.
A mental disability like agorophobia makes outdoor exercise impossible.
There are a lot of varying degrees of both examples.
If only everyone had minds and bodies that were capable. Sadly, we are all just human, and sometimes intolerant of anyone that doesn't fit our definitions.

Problems accumulate and a lot aren't visible. How does one react without being condescending or dismissive?

How does one help the person when all the medicine out there can't?

Everyone is helpless.

I watch videos of ppl on wheelchairs doing pull ups and ****, then tell myself "if they can do it, what the ****'s wrong with you?" There's also a few old guys, who have no business lifting, pulling 300+ deadlifts that I've used for motivation.

Don't get me wrong, I understand all the good reasons. I, personally, won't let myself accept them to prevent willpower degradation. My mental state is not as strong as @shanekingsley's where I could quit smoking or lose weight simply because "I wanted to." Even when I wanted to, I constantly failed. The solution I found, personally, was to show myself no mercy, and take **** tons of pride in it (which results in projection.)

While I try not to judge others for different paths, I cannot allow empathy for someone because they have arthritis, PTSD, stress, whatever, and can't work out. I can only give them empathy if they do, otherwise my own willpower degrades. We all have good reasons to not workout or succumb to the stress after all. I'm pretty damn sure more people are like me than @shanekingsley or we'd all lose weight, quit smoking, and stop addictions with ease lol

A friend's wife is in pain from numerous cancer treatments that have affected her spine. Some days she feels like her body is a toothache. Every single joint aches. I don't think there is a pill that doesn't carry a warning or hint about kidney or liver problems ahead. What's the trade off?

Likely ADD. His brain operates at a billion times a second, mine does too. Difference is he’s very cognizant of his thoughts and really likes to deep dive about train of thought. Kudos for being able to put pen to paper.

I have ADHD. Whenever I was asked by my parents or a shrink “what are you thinking about?” I never had an answer. I’m not capable of breaking down my own thoughts to this extent.

I'm not sure about my brain and ADD. Sometimes I get off track and my daughter calls out "Squirrel"

Interesting....
I'll have to read it in detail. The concept was pointed out to me by someone very involved in the diet industry. I think the calorie balance works for minor situations, dropping an inch or two but there's a whole different approach to serious morbid obesity.

I'll have to read it in detail. The concept was pointed out to me by someone very involved in the diet industry. I think the calorie balance works for minor situations, dropping an inch or two but there's a whole different approach to serious morbid obesity.

I skimmed it, but seems to be supporting the Keto diet. I know a handful of people that have gone from obese, one probably close to morbid, to normal weight with Keto.

Random note:

Samsung's watches have a target of 6000 steps. This target was easily reachable back in school where we had to walk a ton. Recently, due to ramping up too fast at the gym and old age kicking my ass, I'm back to running. A 4km run + walking the dog = 10000+ steps. Walking the dog is 4000 steps. For people who don't have a dog or reasons to walk around, I'm willing to bet the inactivity levels are < 6000 steps. A 4km run is pathetically short compared with some numbers thrown here a few pages back.

If the baseline is 6000, which I will not hit on my rest days unless I actively aim for it, I'll bet the vast majority aren't even trying because it's an active effort. Adult life needs a massive uproot and change. Also willing to put money that many millennials and gen zs will be the "mental health and repetitive strain injury" poster folk; maybe then we'll see a society wide shift after.

JT provides mobility scooters for all?
Wonderful, anterior pelvic tilt for everyone, followed by "why the **** does my back hurt", and ending with "doctors are stupid because none can help me!"

....wish I was being sarcastic lol

Random note:

Samsung's watches have a target of 6000 steps. This target was easily reachable back in school where we had to walk a ton. Recently, due to ramping up too fast at the gym and old age kicking my ass, I'm back to running. A 4km run + walking the dog = 10000+ steps. Walking the dog is 4000 steps. For people who don't have a dog or reasons to walk around, I'm willing to bet the inactivity levels are < 6000 steps. A 4km run is pathetically short compared with some numbers thrown here a few pages back.

If the baseline is 6000, which I will not hit on my rest days unless I actively aim for it, I'll bet the vast majority aren't even trying because it's an active effort. Adult life needs a massive uproot and change. Also willing to put money that many millennials and gen zs will be the "mental health and repetitive strain injury" poster folk; maybe then we'll see a society wide shift after.

Did you read the study?

They were purely looking at whether or not you'll die from walking around. There are obvious pitfalls with this (older folk + falling = death.) While this is undeniably true, I'd prefer to live a more wholesome short life than one dragged out while in massive pain and on tons of meds, as a bane on society, family, and myself. Not moving around will absolutely do this to you.

But to each their own.

Random note:

Kinda cool with the garmin watches its a moving target. If i reach 10k on day, target is 10.5k or something like that the next... until i don't reach the target. So their goal is for you to move more every day which is how it should be i think
When i commuted i could reach the 10k without even thinking, even if i was driving to work
The walk from parking lot to go train, walk from go train to office and then throughout the day the 2 coffee breaks + lunch and walking to meetings on different floors, etc... it all was enough to get my 10k per day.

Now that i work from home i gotta actively MAKE myself walk or i won't even breach 5k steps. It's kinda depressing lol

Now that i work from home i gotta actively MAKE myself walk or i won't even breach 5k steps. It's kinda depressing lol

I've had days where I give myself a break from working out....except working out was literally my only form of physical activity. The result was massive back pain. Very depressing indeed lmao

Back
Top Bottom