New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion?

Do you like the new Blue Ontario Licence plates?

• Total voters
I remember the same whining when they changed cop cars from yellow to white, I guess some people just struggle with change.
#firstworldproblems LoL

I mean in all honesty, if it's a **** up it's a **** up, I don't really care for the plates, but whatever. My only issue is the unnecessary waste of taxpayer dollars on a fixing something that isn't broken. They're all guilty of it, all over the world, every party...can't escape it unfortunately.

I am offended that the new plate is not punched out in the shape of a Beaver :LOL:

Told you guys....helping the lil guy evade photo radar....

I'm liking the new plates more all the time. Even if they issue a recall, it will be hard to enforce it before your sticker expires so you have at least two years of legal anonymity.

I'm old enough to remember the old Blue plates and I quite like them. I remember that my Dad had a blue plate on his Malibu and I still have it in a box somewhere. It would nicer if they were all the same shade of blue.

Can't be any worse than the old white ones that lasted 6 months before the plastic peeled off. I took my bike plate to a place in the UK and they made me a perspex/acrylic one to replace it. Not exactly legal but it looked good for years and no one ever said anything

Can't be any worse than the old white ones that lasted 6 months before the plastic peeled off. I took my bike plate to a place in the UK and they made me a perspex/acrylic one to replace it. Not exactly legal but it looked good for years and no one ever said anything
Sadly, that can get you in a ton of trouble. I just want to repaint my old plates, but technically, that opens me up to much bigger charges than running rusty plates. If I modify my plates while keeping the factory colors/design and assigned license plate number, you would think that would be ok as I just improved their crap, but oh no, that draws the same charges and printing a fake plate with a number not assigned to me.

Followed a blue plate with a tinted licence plate cover this morning on the DVP. Ultimate stealth.

bef78bb60361ff1691943437a60f7f57.jpg

It’s been pretty funny watching the government scramble since this blew up in the media.

A few days ago they insisted there was no problem.

Then they said “we tested them and it was all good, we don’t think there’s a problem!” but they’re “looking into things”.

Now today they’re admitting that there’s an issue but they’re blaming it on 3M, the material supplier.

Right out of the Trump playbook. Deny until that doesn’t work anymore, then come up with an excuse to try to make it go away, then blame it on someone else when there’s no denying it any longer.

It's funny that the printing magnate premiere has f''d up two printing initiatives so far. Come to think of it, hash dealer f''d up the sale of legal pot. Given this trend, the guy with minimal education should actually be improving Ontario's education system. Alas...

Followed a blue plate with a tinted licence plate cover this morning on the DVP. Ultimate stealth.

bef78bb60361ff1691943437a60f7f57.jpg
Wow...great for robberies and all other kinds of shenangians. Don't even need those Bond style flip plates! LoL

I remember getting off with a warning for having a tinted cover on my old plate...and you could actually read it!

It’s been pretty funny watching the government scramble since this blew up in the media.

A few days ago they insisted there was no problem.

Then they said “we tested them and it was all good, we don’t think there’s a problem!” but they’re “looking into things”.

Now today they’re admitting that there’s an issue but they’re blaming it on 3M, the material supplier.

Right out of the Trump playbook. Deny until that doesn’t work anymore, then come up with an excuse to try to make it go away, then blame it on someone else when there’s no denying it any longer.
That's every government. Forget about Snc lavalin already?

Read the law verbatim and we are likely the ones responsible to illuminate it adequately enough to be seen,
what happens if you bombard it with UV black light or gamma :| maybe that will work.

Sadly, that can get you in a ton of trouble. I just want to repaint my old plates, but technically, that opens me up to much bigger charges than running rusty plates. If I modify my plates while keeping the factory colors/design and assigned license plate number, you would think that would be ok as I just improved their crap, but oh no, that draws the same charges and printing a fake plate with a number not assigned to me.

Crazy... It did look good though. It seems in the UK that as long as the number is legible you can have anyone make a plate.

I can't see how 3M can take the blame for this.

I am sure the gov provided the requirements of what the plate should look like and were provided samples before the final stamp of approval.

Its not like 3M did not have the ability to apply any reflective lettering as they clearly applied it to the word Ontario and the border around it and the slogan.

Had the gov said "All important info must be of the same reflective material or and reflect equally" 3M would have provided such plate.

But I suppose it is easier to point the finger at someone else if denying you f****ed up doesn't work.

I could fix the problem for them real cheap :| make the validation sticker a bar code sticker.
... in the shape of a Beaver.

You and I still won't be able to read it but a bar code reader could pick it up at a good distance.

No one has asked the important question. Can the cops' plate readers read the plates?

No one has asked the important question. Can the cops' plate readers read the plates?
;) stick a plain old black and white bar code sticker on there and they sure could

;) stick a plain old black and white bar code sticker on there and they sure could

Not at the distance they can read the numbers from now (on the old plates). You'd need to be within a few feet to read a barcode.

Not at the distance they can read the numbers from now (on the old plates). You'd need to be within a few feet to read a barcode.
Then make it a bumper sticker size bar code sticker.
:/ the government never cared about how bad our cars looked with a license plate mounted on them before, why start now.

Back
Top Bottom