New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion?

Do you like the new Blue Ontario Licence plates?

• Total voters
In response to the officer's tweet with the pic of the Civic with the new plate that was posted earlier:

(Basically what GG said earlier)
a7a79a3f9556b8db45933aa36124f958.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Well, here we go....it's hit the media.

There's a little video clip in that story linked above that shows a completely different perspective with a very similar result - you can't see the plate.

Issue blowing up in the governments face in 3.......2.........1.......

Last night I pulled into a gas bar behind a SUV with the new blue and all I could read was Ontario. Point for the bad guys.

Last night I pulled into a gas bar behind a SUV with the new blue and all I could read was Ontario. Point for the bad guys.
Then they hand you a debit card machine that has tiny blue print on a light blue screen :|
... and you strain your eyes to focus on the fine print and say WTF! do you have one of these in braille.

Wow.Followed a suv for a few kms last nite at about 7 pm.Couldn't read the plate at all.

The sad part is that there are probably thousands of these made already and sitting at the Service Ontario locations, waiting to be registered to new owners/vehicles.

The questions is,
If they realize and accept they fact that they F***ed up, will they change the production process for the newer batch of plates? OR will they just keep producing useless plates an give you a politically correct answer as to how there is nothing wrong with them cause they were tested with some advanced plate reader. (Which is not a human)

Don't they have to get people to stop using plate covers that make them unreadable?

This is government we're talking here, so this would need to have been in the works for years, so blaming the current Premier is overkill.
We should look to the bureaucrats involved, and possibly the previous governments.

They’re just made unreadable so the lil guy DF is working for can escape the speed cameras (and 407 bills).

I saw one today. No, I really saw it. I mean, I could see it. No there's nothing wrong with the stupid things. It's a license plate. Yay. Isn't there anything more legitimate that Doug Ford haters can complain about?

I don’t think it is specifically picking on the current or any government

More about making unnecessary changes. And very poor execution.

I think we would be singing the same song even if the Green Party made this poor decision with an even worse execution.

Still waiting to see one from directly behind at night (which seems to be the problematic set of circumstances).

I saw one today. No, I really saw it. I mean, I could see it. No there's nothing wrong with the stupid things. It's a license plate. Yay. Isn't there anything more legitimate that Doug Ford haters can complain about?
I'm with you. The parking lot at my office has dozens of these, I looked at them on my way in (sunny) and again when I left tonight at 11PM, no problem for my eyes.

I remember the same whining when they changed cop cars from yellow to white, I guess some people just struggle with change.

I couldn't make out the blue plate last night( Hurononatrio and Eglinton ) The blue plate was unrecognizable compared to the regular plated car on my right. I drive a SUV with LED lights , if that matters?
Maybe it's how we see colours differently

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom