New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion?

Do you like the new Blue Ontario Licence plates?

• Total voters
I am a bit surprised to be seeing so many of them on the road already. How many cars does the average Ontarionite buy in a year?

I am a bit surprised to be seeing so many of them on the road already. How many cars does the average Ontarionite buy in a year?
Many people are on the three or four year program. Many 10 year old cars have had three owners. I would guess vehicle ownership turnover is roughly 30% a year so a few months of crap plates should be about 5% which roughly fits in with what I have seen.

I dont change plates with vehicles, but I know lots of people do. It is easier to get new plates than transfer if a dealer is involved and let's be honest they look like crap quickly.

How many cars does the average Ontarionite buy in a year?

My buddy runs the receiving here. The lots are always full.

49864629727_f05cb3f5eb_b.jpg

49864594697_26847109a8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget that used cars (private sale as well) typically get new plates as well when someone goes into register it...so it's not just a new car thing.

They are officially done ******* this up and are going back to the old plates and slogan.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Is it just me or are they issuing these blue plates again.

I seem to be seeing a lot more of them on the roads. A lot starting with CMM* ###.
And they are still defective.

Is it just me or are they issuing these blue plates again.

I seem to be seeing a lot more of them on the roads. A lot starting with CMM* ###.
And they are still defective.
SO ran out of blue on white and the supply chain was not fired up so they are handing out white on blue still. At some point in the near future (next years renewal?) you need to return the white on blue and get new blue on white plates (with a new number).

you need to return the white on blue and get new blue on white plates

Does that mean they are reverting back to the blue on white for good?
Scrapping the entire white on blue project.

As for supply chain.
Did they let all the inmates out of the jail? :unsure:

Does that mean they are reverting back to the blue on white for good?
Scrapping the entire white on blue project.

As for supply chain.
Did they let all the inmates out of the jail? :unsure:
Douggie gave up on white on blue a month or so after they announced they were going back for a redesign. IIRC, "yours to discover" won't be on the new plates. God knows what happened to all of the old plate equipment, probably sold to a scrap dealer for a few pennies and now we need to buy new punch presses for millions of dollars.

You are probably right about the punch press.

I guess I must have missed that news release. Too much Covid on the news.

Back
Top Bottom