New Gsxs1000GT | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Gsxs1000GT

Thought you were set on a cruiser? Or just thinking of one?

Thought you were set on a cruiser? Or just thinking of one?
Gave it a try twice, not feeling it.

Nothing wrong with it, just not what i'm looking for at this time.

Anyone ridden both the ninja 1k and a gsxs care to compare?

I'm hoping we might be lucky enough to have bike shows this winter so I can sit on this bike. It seems to tick all the boxes for me, but I'm not the kind of person to put a deposit on a bike unseen.

I'm hoping we might be lucky enough to have bike shows this winter so I can sit on this bike. It seems to tick all the boxes for me, but I'm not the kind of person to put a deposit on a bike unseen.
have a feeling it wont be nearly as comfortable as the strom

have a feeling it wont be nearly as comfortable as the strom
Me too, but if the knee bend feels okay and the forward lean feels ok, then I can get a different seat and windshield, etc to make it comfortable. Or at least I think so, just by looking at the pictures and recalling what the Ninja 1000SX felt like when I sat on it. The only thing I couldn't add (and wouldn't) add is highway pegs, which make a world of difference for me currently.

I think I'll be keeping the Strom anyways and just have a 2nd bike, since the Strom will not be worth much on the resale market by the time I'm done with it. Maybe just put some knobbies on it and use it as my light off road bike that can be dropped or as my winter beater bike.

As for top box, I never had one but I heard they affect handling due to the extra weight so high up, and even if they're empty they still affect handling at high speeds due to the way they cut through the wind. So I wouldn't want one on a sport bike, but I got a 30L kriega bag which I put on my backseat and can fit a lot of thigns in there.
Ducati/Givi topbox on both my XR and Multistrada big enough to hold two FF helmets inside. Never used side bags on either but topbox was always on. Doesn't affect handling a bit until you hit 180km/h. Usually have 4-5 bottles of water, couple sandwiches and bars, sweater, etc in there.
Like the looks of this new GSX and enjoyed that motor in my 06 GSXR1000.

whats it like?
Was good, not as exciting or awesome as people make it seem imo and a big stomping midrange motor isn't really how I would describe it. I liked it better after full exhaust and a Power Commander and tune. Brought the midrange up nicely and was more fun then and now it was a big stomping midrange monster. Liked the motor in my 09 GSXR1000 better with same mods, it was just much more fun/exciting. Put over 120,000km on them with no mechanical issues.

Last edited:
they are extra. agree on the pegs.
should have had better ergos. just swapping the bars, taller windscreen and a rear grab bar with rack = booo.

speaking of disappointments, check out the luggage solution on the new tuono v4:

1633795506253.png

speaking of disappointments, check out the luggage solution on the new tuono v4:

View attachment 51712

hahaha, yea I just saw the vid as well. love how they hid it in all the other press shots.
but on the bright side, imagine if they made them both the same size as the right bags.
this way you have one usable bag. I'll stick with aftermarket solutions, I like hard bags anyways.

Ducati/Givi topbox on both my XR and Multistrada big enough to hold two FF helmets inside. Never used side bags on either but topbox was always on. Doesn't affect handling a bit until you hit 180km/h. Usually have 4-5 bottles of water, couple sandwiches and bars, sweater, etc in there.
Like the looks of this new GSX and enjoyed that motor in my 06 GSXR1000.

agreed. I commute heavily in the tuono and speed triple prior. keep a topbox on both.
Loaded topbox actually handles better than having a backpack in my opinion.
Never notice handling issues or the weight unless you are really, really pushing it (or the topbox is really loaded).

absolutely love having the trunk. can grab takeout or groceries on the way home. run small errands. helmet fits inside and not worried about anyone messing with it.

I kid jb <3 <3

Back
Top Bottom