New Gsxs1000GT | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Gsxs1000GT

As far as two up goes the pillion is way too high. The Squeeze can't stand being buffeted by wind when she's higher than me. That's a main prerequisite for the next touring machine. (never should have spoiled her with the Wing)

Looks like they jacked the prices on the suzuki's up
at this point the ninja's are looking like the bargains,
and with IMU's they're better equipped as well

Been ogling this machine again....gotta admit, the tiny little headlights are starting to bug me....I think they do the opposite of increasing your visibility to cagers, as well as possibly changing distance perceived by said cager. I much prefer the idea of a reflector style headlamp but I'm kinda old-school and firmly believe that just because something can be changed doesn't mean it should be changed. Can't even decide if the lights actually look cool or not. Now of course, if you aim them upwards and proceed to burn people's retinas out, then maybe its a different visibilty/safety story. Also, I simply don't need 150+ HP. Anyway, enjoy your evening, folks.

Been ogling this machine again....gotta admit, the tiny little headlights are starting to bug me....I think they do the opposite of increasing your visibility to cagers, as well as possibly changing distance perceived by said cager. I much prefer the idea of a reflector style headlamp but I'm kinda old-school and firmly believe that just because something can be changed doesn't mean it should be changed. Can't even decide if the lights actually look cool or not. Now of course, if you aim them upwards and proceed to burn people's retinas out, then maybe its a different visibilty/safety story. Also, I simply don't need 150+ HP. Anyway, enjoy your evening, folks.
also not entirely convinced the sport touring ergonomic set up is more comfortable than the adventure ergo set up

These 2 styles fulfill similar purposes, hence why you see pure sport tourers have essentially died out or fallen out of style.

As far as two up goes the pillion is way too high. The Squeeze can't stand being buffeted by wind when she's higher than me. That's a main prerequisite for the next touring machine. (never should have spoiled her with the Wing)
I made the same mistake by buying a 2006 Goldwing as a 2nd bike to ride with my wife, now I would like to sell the VFR and Goldwing to buy one of these new Suks but the wife wants no part of selling the wing

clever ass honda, making bikes the wives will like

My dreams shattered. The Insurance on this is no joke, a lot more than Z900 but less than the ninja 1000sx :(

My dreams shattered. The Insurance on this is no joke, a lot more than Z900 but less than the ninja 1000sx :(
Shop around. It was a few years ago admittedly, but Ninja 1000SX insurance was reasonable (i.e. not surcharged) for me

Power is like money

Power now >>>Power a couple thousand rpms later

I'm paying around $1,500 with TD (incl multi vehicle, home).

I'm paying around $1,500 with TD (incl multi vehicle, home).

Lucky!!

Best I could do...
Z900 is $2,000, the GSXS is closer to 2600 and ninja 1000sx is almost 3k.

No tickets and in KW.

GTA my rates are really bad

• Wow
Reactions: LBV
Lucky!!

Best I could do...
Z900 is $2,000, the GSXS is closer to 2600 and ninja 1000sx is almost 3k.

No tickets and in KW.

GTA my rates are really bad
It's the same bike, only mine's a 2018 and I've only been riding for 7 years and I'm in Brampton ... have you tried TD?

It's the same bike, only mine's a 2018 and I've only been riding for 7 years and I'm in Brampton ... have you tried TD?

I am hitting 5 years this year :)

Yes I tried all the insurance companies. No luck.

Tried through work but the z900 was blacklisted and over 2800 😂😂

I wonder if TD is giving you their incorrect rates (see the insurance thread for that issue)?

2 years ago my insurance was even less ... it always goes up.

Tried through work but the z900 was blacklisted and over 2800

Definitely I’d suggest shopping around more. I don’t know all your details but quotes shouldn’t be that crazy IMO.

I’ve had good help from Matthew Camacho whom is now at “BIG” and you might want to try. He’s a broker and will shop around for you.

^
I am using David from BIG, nobody can beat his motorcycle rates.

I will give Matthew a call. Thanks

Tried through work but the z900 was blacklisted and over 2800 😂😂
I’ve had great luck with AllState…
House is way cheap, bike is cheaper than anywhere else I could find and the truck is a little more than other places.
All in all, I save about $700 as a package deal compared to any other carrier’s bundled package.

Back
Top Bottom