Municipal Election 2022 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Municipal Election 2022

If you look around there were lots of places no one even ran put your name in get acclaimed and collect paycheck.

Sent from the future

If you look around there were lots of places no one even ran put your name in get acclaimed and collect paycheck.

Sent from the future
Hell, you don't even need to do the job to get a check. You have to miss five consecutive monthly meetings in most municipalities before you can get sanctioned. Show up to one and the clock resets. Council has no ability to remove members even if they continually sexually assault staff. Show up to two meetings a year for 90k+. Good for you personally but you are a terrible citizen.

Sent from the future
Where is this info? And what do these people do?

For science…

Hahahaha. Penilosa stepped up the stupidity around island access by at least an order of magnitude. He wants to convert YTO to green space.

I was just going to post this as well.

What is in the water in Toronto or wherever these candidates are living?

We’ve got Giorgio Mammolitti running for Mayor of Wasaga…

Here is his attempt at convincing you.
He used to bring his Z28 with his dates to Wasaga. Vote for him.

Are your parents allowed to vote? I only have one property so I'm not clear about the rules for secondary properties.
I think they are considering that they own property there...but no clue 100% and they won't be voting up there, so they're not too worried.

Although just checked on the voter list, and my dad is registered to vote there at the cottage address.

Hahahaha. Penilosa stepped up the stupidity around island access by at least an order of magnitude. He wants to convert YTO to green space.

IMO part of the charm of the islands is the ferry ride. Why doesn't Penilosa just fill in the harbour?
Walk anywhere and all that new land.

I wonder if Penilosa has ever used that airport and found it convenient .

Good summary of Toronto candidate positions on housing/transportation/etc. Some reasonable ideas and some steaming piles like:
  • Build on the many expert reccomendations, staff reports and great ideas on what to do to increase housing in the city and provide the political will and use a collaborative approach to secure resident support to get these proposals into action.
  • Analyze real-time curbside activity and share real-time parking availability data with drivers to improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists, and other curb users;
  • Reduce amount of space required for smooth easy travel through the city so transit and active transportation option are so attractive that the only people who need to drive are those who want to drive.
  • Creating an open-source city that builds transit.
  • Develop abandoned industrial sites into micro, small and medium-sized “smart buildings;”
  • Reduce corruption by producing essential software to increase transparency;
  • Adopt participatory budgeting for the city and listen to the ideas of everyone to address the budget constraints
Penalosa continues to smoke crack and wants both rent control and mandatory A/C in apartments. Moron.

Climenhaga seems to be the most loony tunes of the bunch and that was a pretty high mountain to climb.

Last edited:
My gripe with Tory is that the last time he campaigned on privatizing all Toronto garbage collection. Then he did a back step and only did a little when the garbage unions came up with new ideas on efficiency.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Employees should always be looking for ways of making their job more efficient. In he private sector not doing so can lead to job loss due to competition. In the public sector they just raise taxes to cover poor practices.

Politicians are the same. The incumbent comes up with great new ideas at campaign time then if re-elected goes back to sleep. Why don't they do more thinking during their term?

Someone knocked some sense into him.

A large island park in place of the airport is no longer a good idea.

CityNews

1666407548478.png

You could put 36 holes on the Island airport and host a PGA tournament. All the pros would fly into Pearson and take the train, then the boat, or a limo over the new lift bridge, or just the bridge when the eastern gap gets closed.

Name recognition dominated again. Regardless of the demonstrated level of incompentence/corruption, if they know your name, you have a great shot. Horwath, del duca, brown all got in. Mammolitti was the exception and got thumped.

Back
Top Bottom