Municipal Election 2022 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Municipal Election 2022

Same story with Krantz.
Although it was a part one.
49.xx % vs. 45.xx % for the runner up.

So apparently less than 30% of eligible voters did so in yesterday's Toronto municipal election. To those that didn't, if you have a complaint, here's a piping hot cup of STFU...

In Cambridge, it was 28.87% turnout.
Le sigh...

In Cambridge, it was 28.87% turnout.
Le sigh...
Near me, candidate effort wasn't much better. About half of the candidates running had no website/social media outlining their positions. They relied on you finding an interview with the media. Fail.

I can't find our local turnout percentage but I suspect it will be in the same range as others. It's hard to get voters to care when you have a bunch of unknown people with unknown platforms competing.

So apparently less than 30% of eligible voters did so in yesterday's Toronto municipal election. To those that didn't, if you have a complaint, here's a piping hot cup of STFU...
Fair enough. I didn't vote in our town yesterday because I wasn't following it and I would have been guessing. That said I did want to go spoil my ballot by scrawling 666 over the Brebner slot. Effing nutter.

Fair enough. I didn't vote in our town yesterday because I wasn't following it and I would have been guessing. That said I did want to go spoil my ballot by scrawling 666 over the Brebner slot. Effing nutter.

We could do online voting for the last few weeks. It was awesome (although you couldn't 666 a candidate). Less good for octogenarians as even in-person voting apparently required you to use something like a tablet to online vote. Seems that allowing paper for in person would have made sense to ease anxiety. They also drastically changed the voting locations. If someone showed up at their historical voting location on election day, it won't be there. Each station had a time when it was open over the last few weeks but the only one open on election day was headquarters.

There were literally dozens of opportunities to pre vote , and vote online and it was easy. Yet turnout was sad .
Incumbent gets re-elected as mayor , opposing gal had not attended a council meeting in two yrs but wanted to be mayor . Yup that would work .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

There were some victories for citizens.

"A long-time Mississauga city councillor who allegedly harassed and keyed a fellow councillor’s vehicle has been given the boot by voters."

I hope bramptonites are happy with their choice. Hes going to be expensive. 12 hours after winning he fires his rival in the election (again, she was previously fired and reinstated).

Even local elections - even if you are not in the country Australians have to vote or get fined..and they do. Fixes the turn out issue.

Even local elections - even if you are not in the country Australians have to vote or get fined..and they do. Fixes the turn out issue.
Forced voting is worse imo. Since ~70% dont care enough to vote and current winners are getting the vote of ~15% of population, it would make the votes of those that cared meaningless. You'd probably find that in the absence of a recognizable name, vote outcome would be highly dependent on alphabetical order as people are more likely to randomly vote for the first candidate.

Last edited:
Tory's turn to spout crap. In regards to removing a federal electoral district from Scarborough, he is arguing that peoples identities will be affected. Wtf. If your identity is closely tied to your federal electoral district, you have serious mental health issues. Now, is reconfiguring districts an attempt to remove a conservative seat? Probably yes. Am I in favor of less mouth breathers sucking on the public teat, also yes. I'm not sure whether I am in favor of removing a district or not, but blabbing about cultural identities is complete bs.

I hope bramptonites are happy with their choice. Hes going to be expensive. 12 hours after winning he fires his rival in the election (again, she was previously fired and reinstated).

I'm okay with the results.
Brown is the better choice... not that he is a good choice.. just better than the others.
Nikki would have been completely controlled by others... a puppet.
The harasser is gone... glad to see that. Not happy my tax money went towards something like that.
The firing needed to happen.. even if it costs a bit to do it.

Was the fact that it may have come to light, the reason for the resignation, would he have continued if it was not known?

Back
Top Bottom