Looking for some fitness guidance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for some fitness guidance

Oh, ice cream.. and Raffles chips... I am solving this problem by allowing to grab those only AFTER I ran at least 8km or 2hrs mount bike (not moto haha) ride - gotta work for it baby!
Now you can imagine how much I look forward for those "cardio" training days ;)

This is a legit strategy.

I have 1.5KG of M&Ms from Costco sitting on my desk. I'm going to eat all of this before the end of the week.

I'm also going to burn 3000 calories from working out alone by Sunday. And I will rub it into other ppl's faces about how much garbage I can eat lol

EDIT: Probably worth noting I starved myself like an anorexic ***** for nearly 2 years when I dropped from 200lb to 130lb lol

This is a legit strategy.

I have 1.5KG of M&Ms from Costco sitting on my desk. I'm going to eat all of this before the end of the week.

I'm also going to burn 3000 calories from working out alone by Sunday. And I will rub it into other ppl's faces about how much garbage I can eat lol

EDIT: Probably worth noting I starved myself like an anorexic ***** for nearly 2 years when I dropped from 200lb to 130lb lol

It's a good story for you, right? Great you figured it out what keeps you happy AND healthy = we called it healthy balance :)

... and 1.5kg of M&Ms would be a bit too much for me at my elderly age haha, even with my hard training days my metabolisms are not there to afford all the indulgence what I could in my younger years without gaining instantly... so enjoy while you can.... for me it's more like a small ice cream.. or half package of Raffles :)

It's a good story for you, right? Great you figured it out what keeps you happy AND healthy = we called it healthy balance :)

... and 1.5kg of M&Ms would be a bit too much for me at my elderly age haha, even with my hard training days my metabolisms are not there to afford all the indulgence what I could in my younger years without gaining instantly... so enjoy while you can.... for me it's more like a small ice cream.. or half package of Raffles :)

Actually I'm noticing this too as I get older....

I can't eat a Costco size bag of chips in one sitting anymore lol I guess this will get worse. Can still eat 2 bags of (700g) of Shopper Drug Mart sized bags though!

try Coach Greg on tube for no bs advice. He has 1.35Mil subs (proven by now) and he's Canadian from East Cost :)

I follow a lot of these type of guys on youtube. Coach Greg is among the best. Tells it like it is.

If anyone wants to get motivated to work out, follow some of these fitness you tubers, the REAL ones.

The guys at Mind Pump are excellent too. Very knowledgeable.

I was watching Canyon chasers on YouTube. The guy mentions riding dirt trails (on a bike) as a workout and to develop skills as a motorcyclist. I'm inclined to do that. Maybe something you can look into if you're interested.

Personally, I do 50 pushups and 50 squats every 2 or 3 days and starve myself a lot (intermittent fasting). Going to a gym doesn't appeal anymore now, used to love it 10 years back. Will resume jogging/running in spring.

Thanks, and lol. Yes it sucked. Not sure what/when happened but the first time was bad...2nd and 3rd were uncomfortable. This last Saturday I wanted to just pass out and die. Have never felt that type of pain in my life, and frankly even after my surgery I felt better and was more comfortable than walking around like a zombie hoping I don't pass out and crack my head on the tiles.

I will look into it thanks! I need to find me some dip bars / station that would fit into my space as I only have the door pull up station.

Also need to bring in some core exercises as I think my gut's expanded so much that I need to tighten it up, while at the same time I reduce the food intake (sorry @Evoex) and do more cardio.

I suffer from similar

Plain yogurt helps me. Dr from years ago explained to me it was bacterial related. Usually notice I have more gas at about the same time as heartburn.

No idea. Worth a try maybe as it is an easy thing to try.

I suffer from similar

Plain yogurt helps me. Dr from years ago explained to me it was bacterial related. Usually notice I have more gas at about the same time as heartburn.

No idea. Worth a try maybe as it is an easy thing to try.
Thanks will look into that! I assume my blood work came back alright as the doctor didn't call me with death on the horizon...I'll know next week.

Gluck finding a doc to see you easily nowadays.

But I'm going to ask for the roto rooter and finger as I'm 40, already cancer prone, and aging :(

The most success I have had working out is with a buddy or better yet a small group/team. There is a social aspect, there can be some friendly competition to push you and there is also the aspect of peer pressure to get you off your ass on those days when you feel like leaving it until tomorrow. Don't want to let anyone down... Also some coaching aspect to it. This all includes when I was young and an "athlete" and as I am older. Everyone gets motivated in different ways so other hate this approach.

A young family can make work out time with the buddies harder to coordinate. It was a fitness downward turning point for me in this context. COVID and gyms I am sure wrecked this aspect for others (never a big gym guy myself)...

I had a really hard time getting motivated today.

Dug deep and reminded myself of past me from 15 years ago that would give every excuse to not go. This got me into the gym but my mental state was still not "engaged." So I pulled memories from a previous thread here, where some pussies were whining about how they can't understand why people push hard, this got me a little further but still not enough to enter a "no mercy" state.

...then I see a fat **** on a treadmill. Dude is probably 250lbs of pure fat. Dude was also running at 6km/h. In the 30 minutes I was looking at him, he did not stop. That was ******* motivating; to see someone who has no business doing what they are doing, probably gonna get injuries because he's so fat, but had no intention of stopping.

I need to see more ppl like that; they're rare af.

Frak. Stomach pains came hard and fast today. Didn’t even feel like I ate lots. Bent over laying on the bed doubled over in pain. FML.

Doc appt can’t come around fast enough.

Frak. Stomach pains came hard and fast today. Didn’t even feel like I ate lots. Bent over laying on the bed doubled over in pain. FML.

Doc appt can’t come around fast enough.
Hope you feel better soon dude. Let us know what causes this if you find out.

I had a really hard time getting motivated today.

Dug deep and reminded myself of past me from 15 years ago that would give every excuse to not go. This got me into the gym but my mental state was still not "engaged." So I pulled memories from a previous thread here, where some pussies were whining about how they can't understand why people push hard, this got me a little further but still not enough to enter a "no mercy" state.

...then I see a fat **** on a treadmill. Dude is probably 250lbs of pure fat. Dude was also running at 6km/h. In the 30 minutes I was looking at him, he did not stop. That was ******* motivating; to see someone who has no business doing what they are doing, probably gonna get injuries because he's so fat, but had no intention of stopping.

I need to see more ppl like that; they're rare af.
Hey bud, join my twitch stream of me cycling on my bike, you'll be working out all day 😆 😆 😆 😆

Honestly i'm a roller coaster. Fit for like 6-7 months of the year. Then i get lazy. But i guess it's good enough to maintain a certain fitness level

I like to mix up my work outs a lot. It's not necessarily the best/fastest way to get results, but it's what keeps me from getting bored and quitting. Your workouts listed in the first post would have me making excuses to not do them.

Before I started working out from home I used to go to a small gym that did group training and I always pushed myself more because I would try to compete with one of the guys. It helped us both push ourselves.

Once I moved away I started building my own home gym. The last year and a bit I've been working out in some way, shape or form 6 days a week. I'm currently following a road racing specific program, but before that would just get my workouts/motivation from trainers I follow on instagram. A few are people I previously trained with in person, and others are just people whos physique I aspire to, and they like food.

I post lame selfies most days on my IG stories as a way to check in and keep myself accountable to my fitness goals. I am missing the heavy lifting right now, but I know it's really not the best for racing.

Anywho... Enough GTAM, off to row for a bit.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the tips and responses. Right now for some reason my stomach is still doing somersaults since yesterday.

Ate at 5:30pm yesterday, 6pm stomach started acting up, couldn't sleep until 3am because of pains. Woke up at 5am again with pains.

Had to have some food at lunch, was uncomfortable. 2 small pieces of pizza and my stomach is still wonky. That's 25hrs of this ****. FML.

Thanks all for the tips and responses. Right now for some reason my stomach is still doing somersaults since yesterday.

Ate at 5:30pm yesterday, 6pm stomach started acting up, couldn't sleep until 3am because of pains. Woke up at 5am again with pains.

Had to have some food at lunch, was uncomfortable. 2 small pieces of pizza and my stomach is still wonky. That's 25hrs of this ****. FML.
BRAT diet until it settles?!

Well $hit...was feeling much better last night, and this morning.

Had a small piece of a bun (white bread), with a coffee, and BOOM...stabbing pains are back, stomach pains are back...WTF.

Waiting for doctor to call me back, maybe they can slot me in today (doubtful).

Back
Top Bottom