Looking at bikes, getting back into riding again | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking at bikes, getting back into riding again

Have a 2010 DL650 here. When I ride with people at my pace or slower than me, the bike does just fine. When I ride with people quicker than I, the bike still falls back even WOT on corner exits and such is life. A little more oomph is all I want for in this bike and me thinks it should feel quite good compared to the SV.

Many say the bike won't put a smile on your face, so I guess I smile easily because I do enjoy riding it every time. It will easily handle your size and frame and there's lots of aftermarket support to make it just right if you choose to be assimilated.

While I think the 1st gen stroms like mine are ugly, it's all personal preference anyways so who really cares. I routinely get over 400km a tank for regular commuting and worst is 330km when I'm riding it hard.

It is a very, very durable bike for the price point you are after.

Ugh....dammit people...I'm starting to get the itch again. Frak.

Have a 2010 DL650 here. When I ride with people at my pace or slower than me, the bike does just fine. When I ride with people quicker than I, the bike still falls back even WOT on corner exits and such is life. A little more oomph is all I want for in this bike and me thinks it should feel quite good compared to the SV.

Many say the bike won't put a smile on your face, so I guess I smile easily because I do enjoy riding it every time. It will easily handle your size and frame and there's lots of aftermarket support to make it just right if you choose to be assimilated.

While I think the 1st gen stroms like mine are ugly, it's all personal preference anyways so who really cares. I routinely get over 400km a tank for regular commuting and worst is 330km when I'm riding it hard.

It is a very, very durable bike for the price point you are after.
What he said. I have the later Gen with a little more oomph, It won't hang with an FJR, but riding with anything less and I'm never embarrassed.

Saw that one, did not know it was FI...dont know much about the bandits either, most people seem to have a 1200 only....also sort of turned off by alarms...have a garage so no real need and my last experience with a bike with an alarm did not go well...after the crash the alarm the previous owner installed went berserk, and would not shut off...

2007 first and only year 650 FI Bandit. After it was the GSX650F full fairing model. Same frame bike just fairings.

I've always liked the naked smaller and big bandits. Used they are always priced so well.

As much as the 1gen Stroms are truly hideous off the dealer lot, they can be made to look slightly better. Not the best pic, but I parked my orange one and now ride this one which is well suited to daily commuting, spirited runs or long distance travel. The newest gen versions have improved quite a bit, but are likely out of your price point unless you score a mid-winter deal.
2010%20DL650-X2.jpg

A

The contrasting tank and side panels helps break up the steam punk look
Pasted Graphic 1.tiff

But I found my all black jobbies just too busy. Not that I care too much but I can see the point if someone is after looks.

1575118782625.png

this was my first one and it certainly did the job for the trip across Canada with my son but no pageant awards.

unknown.jpg

They are starting to become the KLR 650s of this era ...cheap to buy, generally bullet proof and if your inseam is more than 30" relatively easy to handle and they can be lowered an inch plus some boots helps.

The above are all 2010 ....the newer models look quite different. I could see myself on the 2019 below but still prefer weight and handling and price of the CB500x. The 650 Vstrom naked tho is quite lively and I'm told the newer motor is a treat.

1575119135866.png

Attachments

• 1575118770791.png
    1575118770791.png
    552.7 KB · Views: 19
The Bandit is nice. Though I'll probably go with the Strom or CB500 in the future. I found the SV a bit lacking in the power I'm used to....in sporting mode.

the cb500 or the strom isnt any quicker than the sv

little Bandit is a good bike
would put it in the same class as FZ6
ie: good motorcycles that people stayed away from in droves

the Yamaha is miles better though in smiles and refinement

Can recommend the FZ6. Stupid cheap insurance in my 20's compared to the bikes of similar power with I4's... And I'm saying a 1/4 of the price. That bike is god damn fast.

No you won't look like Rossi because its a sport tourer and doesn't have the supersport seating position, definitely more upright, mine is naked converted

Last edited:
Can recommend the FZ6. Stupid cheap insurance in my 20's compared to the bikes of similar power with I4's... And I'm saying a 1/4 of the price. That bike is god damn fast.

No you won't look like Rossi because its a sport tourer and doesn't have the supersport seating position, definitely more upright, mine is naked converted

View attachment 41461

Yeah I've seen others like it without the fairing and the different lights, I just assumed those were heavily crashed and then converted to street fighter style.

Yeah I've seen others like it without the fairing and the different lights, I just assumed those were heavily crashed and then converted to street fighter style.

Hahahaha, pretty much. But it doesn't take much. I went down on a slow corner and only took damage to the fairing, it cracked so I got rid of it. Honestly I like the bike more without the goofy half fairing. Feels a lot different to ride that's for sure.

View attachment 41461
Nice. When I was shopping, it was either naked fz6 or sv650 before deciding on gladius.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

... Stupid cheap insurance ...
In Ontario :unsure: You've been brain washed.
Compare your insurance rates with somewhere south of the border, let's say Georgia or Arizona or Texas where they have a much longer riding season, then get back to us on what a great deal you are getting.

In Ontario :unsure: You've been brain washed.
Compare your insurance rates with somewhere south of the border, let's say Georgia or Arizona or Texas where they have a much longer riding season, then get back to us on what a great deal you are getting.

Oh don't worry, I understand. I am obviously speaking about my other options in Ontario. Not like I have any choice on the matter. Why would I compare the rates to the sticks of Alabama?

Ontario insurance is ridiculous, I've said that before here.

Surprised this needs to be said.

Can never be said too much if we ever hope to see more reasonably priced insurance system here.

Back
Top Bottom