Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 263 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
Unless she decides she wants out, standard process is minimum two years, more likely three at full pay sitting at home. PSA amendment would get that money back into policing. I really don't care if she is convicted criminally. Review the evidence and if warranted, terminate her asap. No other job requires a criminal conviction to be fired (yet alone one with attached jail time). How that ever made it into PSA is beyond embarassing.

It's been scrubbed from the net and it's hard to tell the players without a program with all the YRP officers who've had impaired charges, but one recent case it was a man with 15+ years on the force that had his charges dropped because "it came to light" he (allegedly) didn't get read his rights when he was arrested. It's not a secret the force is misogynistic boy's club. Throw her to the wolves. Less flack the next time one of us guys winds up drunk on top of a fire hydrant coming home from the iter-force slow pitch game.

Good to hear that sometimes interdepartmental "courtesy" is not extended.
Had a back yard bash on Saturday, a few of my cop friends dropped in (great to have on hand in case things get out of hand). We talked about traffic infractions courtesy. It's clearly extended to friends and family.

Except for impaired stuff. They said they can reach out on virtually anything, but they were silent and said they are helpless with a DUI. 2 of 3 had arrested a fellow cop in the last year... they claim no mercy, no courtesy for DUI. They were from 3 forces, all responded the same.

They went on to say the fellows from YRP who botched a fellow offers arrest are the minority. I think they gad more to add, but all three stopped there.

It's been scrubbed from the net and it's hard to tell the players without a program with all the YRP officers who've had impaired charges, but one recent case it was a man with 15+ years on the force that had his charges dropped because "it came to light" he (allegedly) didn't get read his rights when he was arrested. It's not a secret the force is misogynistic boy's club. Throw her to the wolves. Less flack the next time one of us guys winds up drunk on top of a fire hydrant coming home from the iter-force slow pitch game.
I talked about test eith a few vops this weekend. All said every force has rogue characters that police like they're on a TV cop show. They are known, get less courtesy and opportunity but can operate without discipline.

All the women who worked for my old boy were married to cops. The majority of them to Staff Sergeants. I'm more than familiar with their M.O. If I was a cop I wouldn't admit that we gave other cops a pass to a civi. Someone always repeats it to someone. Always. I do think it has tightened up recently, but only because of bystanders with cell phones. Out in the middle of nowhere with no one around? It's a tree falling in the forest situation, and I'd bet on it being disappeared, especially with no glaring damage.

All the women who worked for my old boy were married to cops. The majority of them to Staff Sergeants. I'm more than familiar with their M.O. If I was a cop I wouldn't admit that we gave other cops a pass to a civi. Someone always repeats it to someone. Always. I do think it has tightened up recently, but only because of bystanders with cell phones. Out in the middle of nowhere with no one around? It's a tree falling in the forest situation, and I'd bet on it being disappeared, especially with no glaring damage.
Friends and family can get passes too.

You can also trust the international drivers license.

1660613018905.png

Here comes an un-popular opinion: she won't be fired, even if she is convicted of impaired.
If she got done while in uniform: that's a fireable offense, under the police act
If she got done in her own car: she will claim the under lying cause is she is an alcoholic... and alcoholism is a disability in Ontario, and to fire her for it would be discrimination.

Here comes an un-popular opinion: she won't be fired, even if she is convicted of impaired.
If she got done while in uniform: that's a fireable offense, under the police act
If she got done in her own car: she will claim the under lying cause is she is an alcoholic... and alcoholism is a disability in Ontario, and to fire her for it would be discrimination.
I don't care if she is an alcoholic. I'm not firing her for being drunk. I am firing her for doing illegal things while being drunk. What's the point of having an employee whose sole job is to enforce the law when they commit criminal acts themselves? You may be correct but that is a terrible interpretation and the inevitable endpoint is a complete collapse of policing. So many drunks on permanent paid leave that there is no money left to hire cops to work.

I wish that's not the case, but sadly I think it will be.

Many civilian jobs have driving as a core responsibility, those workers are almost always fired after being arrested for impaired driving. Police have been dismissed after convictions, but almost all are reinstated after appeal. With the precedent set, I don't think they even try to dismiss unless aggravating circumstances exist - like death or life-altering injuries.

I used to be a Police dispatcher. Very clear, unspoken rule that cops don't charge other cops (or certain Mayors for that matter) with impaired. Happily left that job to go work for Fire.

Skip to a few years later while on my way home from work I come across a very impaired driver. Called it in. Followed the vehicle for quite awhile relaying it's position and the insanely dangerous driving to the dispatcher. Eventually O.P.P. catch up and pull him over. I wait patiently nearby incase they need a statement. Sgt comes to my car looking sheepish...says the impaired is an off duty Sgt from another Police service. Says they are in a tough spot because everything I said to the 911 dispatcher got relayed to the officers over the air, and who knows who was listening. So now they have to charge him. Implying they otherwise wouldn't have.
(and this guy was so impaired he was swerving from shoulder to shoulder)

On top of that there was a friend of the family that was a Cop and he would go through Ride Spot Checks by just holding up his badge and rolling on through. (and yeah he was drinking)

Last edited:
If that's what he told you, shameful, but easy enough for arresting officer to make mistakes on the tickets or break protocol for it to be thrown out by a well versed lawyer. The "good" ones know how to play the system to help each other out.

Niagara cop Nathan Parker... at it again.
Gotta love the cops. This guy just returned from a 3 year paid vacation. Going back for another 3.

Nice gig. If I assaulted my boss I'd be gone tomorrow... I wouldn't get $5 Tim's card.

Last edited:
Gotta love the Copa. This guy just returned from a 3 year paid vacation. Going back for another 3.

They asked Parker's estranged brother in an interview what would he do if Nathan knocked on his door. "I'd jump out the window. And I live on the 3rd floor."

They asked Parker's estranged brother in an interview what would he do if Nathan knocked on his door. "I'd jump out the window. And I live on the 3rd floor."
The guy is clearly not cut out for a life in law enforcement. He needs to go. He should have already been gone, but there were questions raised regarding the other officer's testimony, at trial.

The guy is clearly not cut out for a life in law enforcement. He needs to go. He should have already been gone, but there were questions raised regarding the other officer's testimony, at trial.

It's not his first road rage incident. Dragged a guy out of his vehicle by his head.

Here's the entire 5th Estate doc. They interviewed his brother in it.

Back
Top Bottom