Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 264 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
Something really fishy is going on with the crash in King at Dufferin south of Wellington. At least one vehicle was a cop car. News had images up but they seem to have been scrubbed. Images showed an unmarked police car in a ditch up against an upside down car. Now text of news reports says police car rolled. Was this a blue on blue crash?

Something really fishy is going on with the crash in King at Dufferin south of Wellington. At least one vehicle was a cop car. News had images up but they seem to have been scrubbed. Images showed an unmarked police car in a ditch up against an upside down car. Now text of news reports says police car rolled. Was this a blue on blue crash?

Odd. Other than being flipped on its roof the car doesnt seem to have much other damage. The unmarked, however, has major front damage. It is also lit up. Wild guess....car pulling out of that driveway (turn signal is flashing) gets hit by unmarked going by at speed.

Edit: Looking at it again, maybe not speed, they arent far enough away from that driveway.

Odd. Other than being flipped on its roof the car doesn't seem to have much other damage. The unmarked, however, has major front damage. It is also lit up. Wild guess....car pulling out of that driveway (turn signal is flashing) gets hit by unmarked going by at speed.

Edit: Looking at it again, maybe not speed, they aren't far enough away from that driveway.
pit maneuver gone bad?

It will be interesting to see how the rank and file members react to charges being laid in this.
Wow that's actually appropriate charging I can't imagine they'll actually not screw it up somehow so it ends up being kicked out of court

Sent from the future

Another Ontario cop died this morning. YRP on the way to work. Head-on on Major Mac. One vehicle crossed centre line. Suspected impaired. They aren't saying which vehicle crossed. Cop died in white car. Cayenne was driven by 23 yo now in hospital.

Collision happened in WB lanes and cop was headed to work. YRP is not doing the investigation, PRP is so that's good.

FcnSJmqWAAQ1JeG

Last edited:
Another ETF raid where they accidentally attacked the wrong address. This one in brantford. Pretty shocking. Pretty much the definition of domestic terrorism without consequences.

EDIT:
It seems entirely reasonable to me that all on the team should get the same criminal charges as you or I if we busted down a door and ran in with firearms. Maybe that would make them care. Wrong address is completely unacceptable and should never happen.

EDIT 2:
And here comes the inevitable lawsuit (that the police should lose).

A Brantford family is ‘shaken and traumatized’ after tactical officers mistakenly burst into their apartment with guns drawn during a botched drug raid last week, their lawyer says.

The family of four, including a six-year-old and a 13-year-old, were at home on Sept. 8 when members of the Brantford Police Service Tactical Intelligence Generated Enforcement and Response Unit breached their front door.

The family’s lawyer Mike Smitiuch says that police executed what is known as a “no-knock warrant” in search of drugs but simply had the wrong address.

They burst through the door and handcuffed the parents before eventually realizing they were in the wrong apartment, he said.

“They had the right apartment number but it was the wrong building,” he said.

Last edited:
“would have been unsettling for those impacted”

Last line of the song: Oops, sorry. Wrong house.

Another Ontario cop died this morning. YRP on the way to work. Head-on on Major Mac. One vehicle crossed centre line. Suspected impaired. They aren't saying which vehicle crossed. Cop died in white car. Cayenne was driven by 23 yo now in hospital.

Collision happened in WB lanes and cop was headed to work. YRP is not doing the investigation, PRP is so that's good.

FcnSJmqWAAQ1JeG
This must have been bad. I travel that part of 17th Ave to and from the office every day, this morning at 7AM it was blocked with a lot of cruisers. It looks to me like the debris is mostly in the eastbound lane, the white car looks as if it was eastbound, the black westbound, and the collision in the eastbound lane.

This must have been bad. I travel that part of 17th Ave to and from the office every day, this morning at 7AM it was blocked with a lot of cruisers. It looks to me like the debris is mostly in the eastbound lane, the white car looks as if it was eastbound, the black westbound, and the collision in the eastbound lane.
Power lines on the south side of the road? If that's correct, point of impact appears to be north of centerline in wb lanes. I have white going west and black going east. Slightly offset crash and spin along the direction of travel. I dont think they could bounce that far apart if black was going westbound. I could be wrong. We only have one picture to work from.

Power lines on the south side of the road? If that's correct, point of impact appears to be north of centerline in wb lanes. I have white going west and black going east. Slightly offset crash and spin along the direction of travel. I dont think they could bounce that far apart if black was going westbound. I could be wrong. We only have one picture to work from.
You are correct. I was trying to eyeball the houses I see when I pass by.

You are correct. I was trying to eyeball the houses I see when I pass by.
Must have been some odd circumstances in this crash, they still had the road closed after 12 hrs.

Some folks perspective on this SMH.
No bueno imo. Using deadly force for HTA infractions is too far imo. Barrie police used to do it pretty often (more pit maneuver than crushing against a building but knocking down a bike is dangerous to the rider). If the dirt biker was shooting at the cop, running him over would be justified and expedient. That doesn't sound like it is remotely the situation here.

Last edited:
Some folks perspective on this SMH.
You would have to know the details.
If the rider starts using sidewalks and endangering the public, it becomes justified as they are a threat to the public at that point.
It really is a tough one though. Where is the line where you risk killing the rider against danger to the public.
If you do not chase, you end up with more of these morons because they know all they have to do is run and there are no consequences.

Is there a good answer here?

No bueno imo. Using deadly force for HTA infractions is too far imo. Barrie police used to do it pretty often (more pit maneuver than crushing against a building but knocking down a bike is dangerous to the rider). If the dirt biker was shooting at the cop, running him over would be justified and expedient. That doesn't sound like it is remotely the situation here.
I don't know that I can fault police, in this case. If you watch carefully there's a homeless guy between the pillars and the guy on the bike clips his foot, with his own foot, on the way past. Going the wrong way on a one-way street, taking to the sidewalks where there are people.... The rider was a legitimate danger to pedestrians and had to be stopped, somehow. At that point you simply can't allow him to flee, as it's the greater danger to the public.

I don't know that I can fault police, in this case. If you watch carefully there's a homeless guy between the pillars and the guy on the bike clips his foot, with his own foot, on the way past. Going the wrong way on a one-way street, taking to the sidewalks where there are people.... The rider was a legitimate danger to pedestrians and had to be stopped, somehow. At that point you simply can't allow him to flee, as it's the greater danger to the public.

You also have to consider the act of chasing him.
Not only is the rider endangering the public/pedestrians... so are the cops chasing him. What's their policy on chasing off-road vehicles?
That **** is going on all over US cities... I wonder if the money spent trying to police it.. might be better spent on providing a place for them to ride instead. Assuming they would even utilize the space if it was provided.

You also have to consider the act of chasing him.
Not only is the rider endangering the public/pedestrians... so are the cops chasing him. What's their policy on chasing off-road vehicles?
That **** is going on all over US cities... I wonder if the money spent trying to police it.. might be better spent on providing a place for them to ride instead. Assuming they would even utilize the space if it was provided.
Most videos I have seen were basically the Ahole squad. Even if they had great trails to ride, that's not where they'd be. These are RidetheSix types that want to show off and give police the finger. Stopping a highway with a mob of atv's to do stunts has nothing to do with riding for fun or skill and everything to do with dominance and douchebaggery. I agree, it is a lot of money and danger involved in policing this mess and making a small dent. I have no idea what a good solution is.

Back
Top Bottom