Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 265 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
You also have to consider the act of chasing him.
Not only is the rider endangering the public/pedestrians... so are the cops chasing him. What's their policy on chasing off-road vehicles?
That **** is going on all over US cities... I wonder if the money spent trying to police it.. might be better spent on providing a place for them to ride instead. Assuming they would even utilize the space if it was provided.
These aren't the guys that can be persuaded to "take it to the track." They're typically riding in large groups, frequently helmetless in places that have helmet laws, and using numbers to frustrate efforts to put an end to the dangerous things that they're doing. It's for attention. For the opportunity to make videos. To do something patently unlawful, with little to no chance of being caught or punished for it. If you're living in an urban area and buy a quad when you don't have a truck, trailer, or anywhere relatively close to where you live that you could use it, you might just be a scofflaw.

These aren't the guys that can be persuaded to "take it to the track." They're typically riding in large groups, frequently helmetless in places that have helmet laws, and using numbers to frustrate efforts to put an end to the dangerous things that they're doing. It's for attention. For the opportunity to make videos. To do something patently unlawful, with little to no chance of being caught or punished for it. If you're living in an urban area and buy a quad when you don't have a truck, trailer, or anywhere relatively close to where you live that you could use it, you might just be a scofflaw.
I think you spelt steal a quad or dirt bike wrong.

Sent from the future

Police put a motorcyclist in hospital. There were reports he was "riding recklessly" and officers threw their bicycles infront of the bike and brought him down.

Then one officer proceeds to wail on a separate bystander. :unsure:

Police put a motorcyclist in hospital. There were reports he was "riding recklessly" and officers threw their bicycles infront of the bike and brought him down.

Then one officer proceeds to wail on a separate bystander. :unsure:
Looks like the bystander inserted himself a little too closely into the situation, so he will likely catch an interfering charge. As to the motorcyclist I see no plate and no helmet in the video. The method of taking him down is questionable, as we don't know if he was presenting an imminent danger to pedestrians and other road users, so this might well go to SIU.

Looks like the bystander inserted himself a little too closely into the situation, so he will likely catch an interfering charge. As to the motorcyclist I see no plate and no helmet in the video. The method of taking him down is questionable, as we don't know if he was presenting an imminent danger to pedestrians and other road users, so this might well go to SIU.

There's a lot we don't know for sure. The chances the motorcyclist was riding dirty are pretty good so I have no comment without knowing more. I can't see plates or a helmet anywhere either.

There are already reports this has gone to SIU

There's a lot we don't know for sure. The chances the motorcyclist was riding dirty are pretty good so I have no comment without knowing more. I can't see plates or a helmet anywhere either.

There are already reports this has gone to SIU
Siu invoked. Very strategically written headline "motorcycle collides with police bicycle"

"Flag him down" by throwing their bicycles in his path! SIU won't do **** anyways. Although the vid with the pigs MMA'ing a civilian that was at least 10ft away from the arrest should at least get the 'roid rager a slap on the wrist...

"Flag him down" by throwing their bicycles in his path! SIU won't do **** anyways. Although the vid with the pigs MMA'ing a civilian that was at least 10ft away from the arrest should at least get the 'roid rager a slap on the wrist...
Only if civilian got injured. Siu will limit scope to severly injured parties.

Siu invoked. Very strategically written headline "motorcycle collides with police bicycle"

Not really strategically written. I can't remember a report about an incident, involving a motorcycle, in which they didn't say that it was the motorcycle that hit whatever. It's just reporter bias and it's consistent.

Why are cops endangering lives , that bike could have hit anyone when the rider loses control. I am all for catching criminals but not at the cost of maiming or killing innocent bystanders.

A: the writing in journalism is almost always passive voice. They report that things have happened to victims rather than suspects perpetrated a crime or action. It has to do with the presumption off innocence of that suspect once they have been apprehended and charged. It's the way it is done. It is not unstrategic but that strategy has nothing to do with this case any more than the millions of the other events that are reported similarly.

B: the cops will get away with anything.

Re: Durham evidence storage fire.

Building was completely destroyed. Months later police say they dont have a comprehensive list of what was destroyed or a concept of how it may affect cases. Wtf. Everything was destroyed. Print the inventory list of what was in the building and you have you list of what is gone. Not having a list months later is appalling.

Re: Durham evidence storage fire.
Building was completely destroyed. Months later police say they dont have a comprehensive list of what was destroyed or a concept of how it may affect cases. Wtf. Everything was destroyed. Print the inventory list of what was in the building and you have you list of what is gone. Not having a list months later is appalling.

Hypothetical.......

Only one list, an .xls on a stand alone PC/laptop or, worse yet, on paper in a binder on the desk. After all, its a police building, what could possibly happen.

Someone told someone who told someone about how it works. Someone decided to get rid of evidence.

Back
Top Bottom