Laid her down :( | GTAMotorcycle.com

Laid her down :(

rustysoap

Didn't want to post this in the fallen rider section as I'm ok. Laid the bike down on canal road and highway 11. Not a scratch on my gear. A little sore on my left side where I hit the ground, slid and rolled to a stop. Left side view mirror snapped off and clutch is binding. Seems to be the only damage to the bike besides the nice scratches on the saddle bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low-sided?

No, coming to a stop, road was a little slippery from a rain cloud that passed by earlier, felt the back side come around to my left, immediately knew what was gonna happen, braced myself for it, was Somehow launched ahead of the bike as it went down, slid for a good 10' or so, then rolled to a stop. No turtle f*cking of the noggin, no tears on my Kevlar jeans or textile jacket. Attaching pics of the damage. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409502568.950363.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409502599.767629.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409502610.008591.jpg

Probably now that the adrenaline has worn off, my shoulder is starting to feel a little tight, and ass is feeling a bit sore, but I'm kn the side of the road as we speak so I'm not going to check out my ass for road rash right now, but if my gear did it's job there really shouldn't be. Lol. Just sitting here waiting for CAA

This is why dirt/hooligan experience is a must for any serious rider. Crashing while coming to a stop on a wet road? That **** should never happen unless its a serious emergency stop.

Glad you weren't hurt. Take it as a learning experience. Get her fixed and keep on riding

Definitely a learning experience. I'll be back as soon as I get'er fixed. First time out on wet roads, unfortunately I wasn't born with the awesome riding skills some people here seem to have.

It happens to everyone. I've dropped my bike a couple of times. Could have been worse

No, coming to a stop, road was a little slippery from a rain cloud that passed by earlier, felt the back side come around to my left, immediately knew what was gonna happen, braced myself for it, was Somehow launched ahead of the bike as it went down, slid for a good 10' or so, then rolled to a stop.

Rear locked, you felt the back side come around, you freaked and grabbed the fronts, over the bars you went.

Probably now that the adrenaline has worn off, my shoulder is starting to feel a little tight, and *** is feeling a bit sore, but I'm kn the side of the road as we speak so I'm not going to check out my *** for road rash right now, but if my gear did it's job there really shouldn't be. Lol. Just sitting here waiting for CAA

Hope you are not too bad.

That's very well what could've happened. I know not to grab the fronts on slippery road and don't recall doing that but very well might have.

Definitely a learning experience. I'll be back as soon as I get'er fixed. First time out on wet roads, unfortunately I wasn't born with the awesome riding skills some people here seem to have.

Seriously, take a course like trail tours and tell the instructor you want to learn loose surface, sand, mud etc.

One day of it, and you will learn some valuable skills for the street.

You're not the only one to lay it down in the wet.

That's the spirit! Pick'er up, dust'er off and get back back on'er. Try practicing being smooth with the brakes in a big lot!

Not using the front is why you crashed. The front brake should be your main stopping source width maybe a tiny bit of rear. Fear of the front brake caused you to lock the rear and hold it instead of releasing it and staying on the front.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

you didnt lay the bike down, you crashed it.

I'd say it was laid down. When I think 'crash' I think being upright then having a collision/ running into something...

no collision, no crash...I'd say a single vehicle incident short of crashing into a wall is laying it down.

you'll hurt more tomorrow and Tuesday than today, but it gets better. Least you didn't hit any body or anything.

Yea, thankfully. Despite it being my first time going down I was able to see where I was sliding and rolling to. Not that I'd have any control of it but still

Good that you're okay.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Not using the front is why you crashed. The front brake should be your main stopping source width maybe a tiny bit of rear. Fear of the front brake caused you to lock the rear and hold it instead of releasing it and staying on the front.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

AFAIK that logic mainly works on sportsbikes, but I'm not sure how true it is for cruisers with more powerful rear brakes than front. OP might have done as others said (fistfull of front) or potentially used the rear, locked then released, causing it to jerk the bike violently back in-line with itself, bucking him off.

Back
Top Bottom