Kids Sporting Activities | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kids Sporting Activities

Saw a pic of my buddy Kam (aka Ghostrider here) with a Lego Shuttle yesterday. He is a canadarm engineer with NASA.
One of the old Sunday school teachers at my former church was part of the team that pitched the idea.
He had a miniature working model of the arm that he'd bring in and show the kids.

Last edited:

I'm not a golfer but this is a hella cheap way to play if you are a youth interested

Do kids not play together outside anymore? Pickup ball games etc, whoever shows up gets to play until dinner or dark?

We had a 4 year long ballgame going on when I was 12-16ish. Thankfully as my parents never would have paid for me to play, most rules of the game were learned in gym class and you can practice by yourself or with the other kids.

I'm not a golfer but this is a hella cheap way to play if you are a youth interested

Do kids not play together outside anymore? Pickup ball games etc, whoever shows up gets to play until dinner or dark?

We had a 4 year long ballgame going on when I was 12-16ish. Thankfully as my parents never would have paid for me to play, most rules of the game were learned in gym class and you can practice by yourself or with the other kids.
That's cool. I thought this was going to be the one year thing like skiing. Grade 4/5 kids can get a pass good for downhill skiing in most of ontario with some restrictions for $30 a year. Being able to play any time as a youth for $5 is great.

we had a trampoline for the kids , next to the pool. Rule was no trampoline into the pool. Game became, out of the pear tree / off the tramp / into the pool.
Kids said you didn't mention no pear tree in the equation.
We had a lot of conversations like that.

niether kid liked hockey a lot, so no 6am practice in a cold arena . Winning for me, I did stand on the side of a lot of ski hills, but i got to ski.

Scouts and guides got them to try a LOT of fun stuff, but its really dependent on the grownups running the programs. They went rock climbing , go carting, axe throwing, karate, observatories, trap shooting. Literally tons of stuff because the leaders each planned an intro into stuff they liked. Camp, paddling, some basic wood working . awesome stuff. But it took quality leadership. Like any activity really.

Tried all different things for them. They all had different interests.
At one point we had a full blown 8 x 12' Rokenbok set down the basement.
The problem was, that I played with it more than the kids did.

Tried all different things for them. They all had different interests.
At one point we had a full blown 8 x 12' Rokenbok set down the basement.
The problem was, that I played with it more than the kids did.
hahaha..I set up about a 4' x 8' four lane race car track in the basement (fit on a sheet of paneling so I remember the size). Four lanes, three kids, one dad. It was hard to race only two cars with a controller in each hand.

Last edited:
Any team sports. Soccer, baseball, hockey etc.

Not team sports related, I’ve had 4 out of six involved in Karate. And one involved in Ballet.

All had swimming lessons and ride bicycles and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgot all about those racetracks for the kids. Checked ROKENBOK and couldn’t see anything of that sort.

Any team sports. Soccer, baseball, hockey etc.

Not team sports related, I’ve had 4 out of six involved in Karate. And one involved in Ballet.

All had swimming lessons and ride bicycles and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Haha I forgot til I read your post... my Mom was a classical pianist and loved the ballet. She would take me from the time I was an infant and we would sit up in the cheap seats with binoculars and watch so many live ballets. When I was around 4 she had me enrolled in ballet, jazz and tap - probably thought I was going to the be next Nijinsky or something.

At 8yrs old I realized I was the only boy in these classes and shows and none of my friends did that sort of thing. So I threw a tantrum and told my Mom she didn't love me anymore and that's why she made me go. She had a good laugh at me and never made me go back.

Haha I forgot til I read your post... my Mom was a classical pianist and loved the ballet. She would take me from the time I was an infant and we would sit up in the cheap seats with binoculars and watch so many live ballets. When I was around 4 she had me enrolled in ballet, jazz and tap - probably thought I was going to the be next Nijinsky or something.

At 8yrs old I realized I was the only boy in these classes and shows and none of my friends did that sort of thing. So I threw a tantrum and told my Mom she didn't love me anymore and that's why she made me go. She had a good laugh at me and never made me go back.
My neighbor's kid (now in uni) ended up doing competitive ballroom dancing! He also found his girlfriend that way so she was trying to set you up with the girls ;) ;) ;) hahaha

I'm trying to imagine the tantrum though

My neighbor's kid (now in uni) ended up doing competitive ballroom dancing! He also found his girlfriend that way so she was trying to set you up with the girls ;) ;) ;) hahaha

I'm trying to imagine the tantrum though
Haha I was such a tool. I sat in the corner of the dining room and screamed at her that she didn’t love me. She started laughing at me and then I realized I was an idiot.

But yeah - back then girls were yucky, but in hindsight, maybe I should have stayed in it for the girls!

Good grief when will you guys actually start listening to us? Your mom told you to get out and play! You do not need to be signed up to be a sporting kid.

Trying to look up the rules for ROKENBOK...help!

Hmmm. Interesting sporting event.
Not very sporting, but it's an activity which gets kids moving and thinking.

Got the kid some skates, and now in need of a helmet. Have gone to all the local CTs but they're all sold out (or just removed stock due to it being February)...

Going to check out Play it Again sports tomorrow...

Any other suggestions? Apparently these things expire so I'm lukewarm for used helmets as I'd prefer new (similar to motorcycle helmets).

Got the kid some skates, and now in need of a helmet. Have gone to all the local CTs but they're all sold out (or just removed stock due to it being February)...

Going to check out Play it Again sports tomorrow...

Any other suggestions? Apparently these things expire so I'm lukewarm for used helmets as I'd prefer new (similar to motorcycle helmets).
Tried to get better skates for one kid last night. No bueno. No stock in his size anywhere. For quite a while the kids were using ski helmets for skating. Not ideal but not enough time on the ice to justify another helmet in the fleet. Neighbour gave us a hockey helmet they had grown out of so now bigger one uses that. If you do lessons, they need a helmet although I saw a couple kids with ski helmets on.

Tried to get better skates for one kid last night. No bueno. No stock in his size anywhere. For quite a while the kids were using ski helmets for skating. Not ideal but not enough time on the ice to justify another helmet in the fleet. Neighbour gave us a hockey helmet they had grown out of so now bigger one uses that. If you do lessons, they need a helmet although I saw a couple kids with ski helmets on.
Let me know the size. My neighbour gave me a full box of skates. I need size 10-11 for my little guy, and these ones start at 12+

Back
Top Bottom