I've never had coffee before | GTAMotorcycle.com

I've never had coffee before

HorizonXP

And I think I want to try it.

The only caffeinated beverages I have are cola and green tea. Lately, I've been finding it difficult to focus at work and stay awake, even with adequate sleep. Green tea usually helps, but I have to go through a few cups in a day to keep the momentum. I don't mind this really, but the world's fascination with coffee has got me curious.

So, is it worth it? Is coffee really that good? I assume that Tim Horton's coffee is crap, and likely not what I should be trying first. But if I do decide to try coffee, what should I try first?

Suggestions and help please. I may or may not go through with this. Still on the fence.

See if you can try coffee made from an Aeropress. Less acidic than normal drip coffee, somewere inbetween an espresso and a french press. Seriously the best coffee I've had in ages, I bought 2 of the $29 gizmos and I'm getting one more for my office.

If you can't try an Aeropress out then go to a good coffee shop (an independant is good, not Starbucks...they over roast all their coffee), and try an americano to start (a watered down espresso). If you like that then try an espresso. Try coffee with and without milk too. Really good coffee doesn't need milk.

Key to good coffee, freshly roasted beans and freshly ground. Unfortunately bad coffee is easy to find so don't be put off.

Just be careful...you can really get carried away with this.....I nearly dropped $500 recently on a low range espresso machine and a burr grinder (and that really is at the low end of the price range) but I changed my mind after the Aeropress. I know it sounds like a commercial but you seriously have to try this thing.

Take this test: http://www.vanhoutte.com/en-ca/consumer/my-master-roaster/discover-your-coffee-profile

It gets the right coffee for people about 90% of the time. Coffee is actually a lot like wine for the serious coffee heads...they have different coffee for different times and occasions. The idea is that a good coffee should be able to stand alone without milk and sugar (but you add them later on to fine-tune it to your preference).

If you get the bold-woodsy, try the Terra Inca
If you get the bold-fruity, try the Kenya
If you get velvety-woodsy, try the Honduras
If you get velvety-fruity, try the Africana
If you get mellow-woodsy, try the Swiss Water Decaf
If you get mellow-fruity, try the Costa Rica

I know a lot about coffee but I actually hate it. lol

Last edited:
Dont do it, dont touch coffee.

you'll start with a milk and sugar mix, some fools call regular. Then move on to flavor shots, somewhere on that slippery slope you'll risk a black bold, then an espresso maybe an americano. Now your hooked , you'll have a Sieco Italian automatic and a burr grinder on your Christmas list and start to collect hand tampers with natural stone grips. Then your truly screwed.

It always starts with the "first hit is free" "try it you cant get hooked"

Everyone has different tastes. Try it and see. But that being said, if your having issues feeling rested get your thyroid and iron checked. I go thru periods of drinking a lot of coffee and drinking a lot of tea. Tea is better :D

i too have never had coffee.
but i know i wont ever have it.
i dont eat/drink anything "coffee flavoured"....it just tastes like dirt.
i dont even like the smell.

i dont drink any caffeine at all.
no tea. hardly pop. i try to stay away from sugar drinks too. (unless needed)
mainly water. juice sometimes. milk too.

if you are always feeling tired and sluggish i would suggest going to see a doctor.
there are better fixes for that than putting that crap into your body.

Meth works better..your productivity will quadruple...

I would die without coffee but i am by no means a coffee snob.

I'm perfectly ok with a big mug of Maxwell House in the morning. However, i do occasionally like to treat myself to some fresh ground Kicking Horse on weekends.

GTAM ride to get good coffee!!??!

If you're not a picky eater, tim's isn't crap. Neither is mcd, sbux, 2nd cup etc.. You might find one suited to your tastes more than others though.

I didn't try coffee until my 30's.

If you don't like the taste of it black, try it with milk, or ease into things with a little half coffee/half hot chocolate.

Dont do it, dont touch coffee.

you'll start with a milk and sugar mix, some fools call regular. Then move on to flavor shots, somewhere on that slippery slope you'll risk a black bold, then an espresso maybe an americano. Now your hooked , you'll have a Sieco Italian automatic and a burr grinder on your Christmas list and start to collect hand tampers with natural stone grips. Then your truly screwed.

It always starts with the "first hit is free" "try it you cant get hooked"

This....oh god this.

I was like you once. Carefree, innocent and not a care in the world. I loved a good hot chocolate back then...drinks with friends...the occassional timmies' double-double. Now I'm like a goddamn crackhead, always looking for the blackest, strongest coffee that I can get my trembling hands on. I live in a dark world :(

i'm americano the whole way...found a brand new espresso machine when closing an office, sister bought me a proper grinder, love it...now everyone buys me beans from all over the world when they travel...love it...i get folks to try an americano after talking a bite of a choc chip cookie, they is hooked...i tried lots of coffee, but this is the only one for me, but only if i have a cookie with it...there's a coffee for everyone...

I would die without coffee but i am by no means a coffee snob.

I'm perfectly ok with a big mug of Maxwell House in the morning. However, i do occasionally like to treat myself to some fresh ground Kicking Horse on weekends.

+ 1. I don't drink coffee for the taste - I drink black coffee, and copious amounts of it, in order to wake me up in the morning. It can be Nabobs, Maxwell House, even Timmy's. As long as it's black and there's caffeine in there.

OP I wouldn't start dabbling in caffeine if you're having energy problems. I'd imagine that you'll continue to have energy problems, and also be addicted to caffeine. You should look for an underlying problem (nutrition, thyroid, sleep apnea). Unless, of course, you're looking to get into different coffees and roasts and **** and be a coffee snob.

RaEcV.jpg

++1
See if you can try coffee made from an Aeropress. Less acidic than normal drip coffee, somewere inbetween an espresso and a french press. Seriously the best coffee I've had in ages, I bought 2 of the $29 gizmos and I'm getting one more for my office.

If you can't try an Aeropress out then go to a good coffee shop (an independant is good, not Starbucks...they over roast all their coffee), and try an americano to start (a watered down espresso). If you like that then try an espresso. Try coffee with and without milk too. Really good coffee doesn't need milk.

Key to good coffee, freshly roasted beans and freshly ground. Unfortunately bad coffee is easy to find so don't be put off.

Don't worry about getting addicted.

I have a highly addictive personality, but for some reason coffee just doesn't do it for me. I could take it or leave it and go for weeks at a time without having it.

Diet coke? Now that's another story altogether.

Back
Top Bottom