I've never had coffee before | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I've never had coffee before

OP, your problem is likely too many carbs in your meals. Are you eating a lot of grains and/or sugar? Cut those out and you'll feel like a million bucks within a couple of weeks. I say couple of weeks because there will be somewhat of a withdrawal period that those "in the know" refer to as "carb flu".

The fact that you think caffiene is a highly addictive substance tells me a lot about your level of education or lack thereof.

Pray tell oh great MD. tell me how caffine is not addictive.

i am sure you can find more addictive substances. that isn't the point though.

Well i was kinda referring to a post above where someone recommended tea instead of coffee because of headaches. I was getting at the fact that it is the caffine that gives the headaches. I probably should have quoted it tho.

I also don't think moderation is really something that is workable for highly addictive substances. And I think its pretty much a settled point that the detrimental effects outweigh the beneficial ones as far as caffine goes.

Actually caffeine dilates blood vessels which can alleviate headaches.

Actually caffeine dilates blood vessels which can alleviate headaches.

I was referring to headaches that you get when you stop drinking caffine that more than one person on this thread including myself admit to getting.

I can't believe nobody suggested Turkish-style coffee.. Ingredients:

1) One HEAPING teaspoon extra-fine grind (turn it into dust so you can't feel individual grains when you rub them hard between your fingers) of a light-medium roast. Pre-ground Barzula in golden-colored bags is actually pretty decent.. I saw it at No Frills and Starsky in the $5-6 range for 250g
2) Sugar to taste [typically corresponding to how much you put in tea]
3) 3/4c of water

-Use a small metal pot with a pouring tip (not absolutely necessary, but makes the job easier - available at Honest Ed's in the $6 range last time I checked) to heat up the mix of sugar and water until it's boiling.
-Put the coffee into the pot and stir it in
-Put it back on the stove until it's just short of boiling over and take off <-- repeat this 2-3 more times
-Pour into small cup and let stand for about 3-4min (so the coffee will settle to the bottom)
-Enjoy coffee as good as it gets, sipping slowly [the coffee is ground so fine that the grains will settle to the bottom and you'll drink all of it in peace]
-If you're superstitious, once you're done drinking, flip the cup bottom up on top of a saucer and let somebody tell your fortune based on the pattern made by the mud running down the wall of the cup :cool:

OP, your problem is likely too many carbs in your meals. Are you eating a lot of grains and/or sugar? Cut those out and you'll feel like a million bucks within a couple of weeks. I say couple of weeks because there will be somewhat of a withdrawal period that those "in the know" refer to as "carb flu".

I've actually been on a ketogenic diet for quite some time now. It has helped.

I never got into coffee much, so the once in a blue moon I drink one it helps....a little. Instead, I usually have a western style tea when on the odd occasion I'm trying to stay awake during night shifts.

Back
Top Bottom