I've never had coffee before | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I've never had coffee before

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I don't intend on spending lots of money on this, I was hoping to get a good coffee within $10. I figured the smaller shops would be best.

+ 1. I don't drink coffee for the taste - I drink black coffee, and copious amounts of it, in order to wake me up in the morning. It can be Nabobs, Maxwell House, even Timmy's. As long as it's black and there's caffeine in there.

OP I wouldn't start dabbling in caffeine if you're having energy problems. I'd imagine that you'll continue to have energy problems, and also be addicted to caffeine. You should look for an underlying problem (nutrition, thyroid, sleep apnea). Unless, of course, you're looking to get into different coffees and roasts and **** and be a coffee snob.

i too have never had coffee.
but i know i wont ever have it.
i dont eat/drink anything "coffee flavoured"....it just tastes like dirt.
i dont even like the smell.

i dont drink any caffeine at all.
no tea. hardly pop. i try to stay away from sugar drinks too. (unless needed)
mainly water. juice sometimes. milk too.

if you are always feeling tired and sluggish i would suggest going to see a doctor.
there are better fixes for that than putting that crap into your body.

It's funny, because I actually did go see a doctor about this. I even did a sleep study. Apparently, I sleep just fine, and my thyroid is just fine. I'm just a long sleeper. Some people can get by with 6 hours, some with 7.5, I need more like 9. I've been exercising regularly, but I will say that I am overweight. But apparently, I'm otherwise healthy.

The doctor's suggestion? Self-medicate. He suggested things like coffee and/or melatonin. I'm not the biggest fan of his suggestion, but if most of the population does this then maybe it's something I need to be doing too.

RaEcV.jpg

That's a bad way to shoot up, that air bubble will kill ya

The doctor's suggestion? Self-medicate. He suggested things like coffee and/or melatonin. I'm not the biggest fan of his suggestion, but if most of the population does this then maybe it's something I need to be doing too.

Melatonin?

Maybe you just need to jerk off more. Seriously haha.

Disclaimer: Don't jerk off at work.

I know a coffee nut that likes Dark Horse Espresso, you could give that a shot.

Trying coffee is all well and good, but it won't fix the problem you're having. You will experience more pronounced highs and lows once you start drinking it ... you need to evaluate a typical week for yourself and see what's going on. You might not really be getting enough sleep (as you get older you start to need more of it), you could be depressed, sedentary, etc. Or you could just be bored of your job - I take it you work at a desk?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the bit about the doctor. Still ... dunno if coffee will help much.

You'll only be spending $10 if you get a double venti caramel machiato with a whipped skinny top....or whatever the **** that is. Seriously, you can get a good shot of espresso for a couple of bucks if you look around.

For home I have a blade grinder which is actually not supposed to be good for beans...and this $29 aeropress thing which is kind of like a futuristic french press but with more pressure and better filtration. I get a big bag of whole beans from Costco and grind them myself when I need them. Delicious and cheap.

I had a sleep problem too..I couldn't sleep at night and during the day I was wiped...I was drinking three cans of redbull a day to get through teaching. I stopped that when I started having some small chest pains. Coffee has a lot less caffeine than that and to me tastes good.

I agree, if you haven't touched it this long, don't bother starting. I get head aches if I miss one coffee. Not worth it. Try some black tea's instead of the green tea... it has a bit more caffein in it than green tea. Or some gensing shots in the afternoon. If you've never had gensing the ones in the little bottles and tiny straws are the best. You can get them from any asian market.

2008359421696455.jpg

Dont do it, dont touch coffee.

you'll start with a milk and sugar mix, some fools call regular. Then move on to flavor shots, somewhere on that slippery slope you'll risk a black bold, then an espresso maybe an americano. Now your hooked , you'll have a Sieco Italian automatic and a burr grinder on your Christmas list and start to collect hand tampers with natural stone grips. Then your truly screwed.

It always starts with the "first hit is free" "try it you cant get hooked"

Last edited:
Don't worry about getting addicted.

I have a highly addictive personality, but for some reason coffee just doesn't do it for me. I could take it or leave it and go for weeks at a time without having it.

Diet coke? Now that's another story altogether.

Because you are not addicted to it doesn't mean countless others wont be. I know many people who NEED that cup of java before they cant start their day. They are train wrecks without it.

I have had 1 cup of coffee when I was 17 on new years driving home from Niagara at 3 in the morning, that was enough for me and never feel like I need coffee to keep awake when I am properly rested.

I would personally avoid it, but thats just me. Look at the Tim Horton line ups first thing in the morning before work, the countless drones who need their fix to get going. I am making a stereotype and I am sure many of them are not addicted, but I bet a lot of them are.

lmao it gives you energy and boosts your immune. Hense why its the main ingridient to Cold FX.

Damn, if it is an aphrodisiac...that explains a lot! :D

Aren't those an aphrodisiac? That will make his work day even less productive! What are you trying to do here girl??

Caffine is pretty awful for you, regardless of what source you get it from --- coffee/tea/energy drink.

Caffine is pretty awful for you, regardless of what source you get it from --- coffee/tea/energy drink.

BS caffiene is good for you. Like anything in moderation.

Caffiene has been known to liberate lipids from fat cells and into the bloodstream to facilitate use. That is a pretty good benefit alone.

Well i was kinda referring to a post above where someone recommended tea instead of coffee because of headaches. I was getting at the fact that it is the caffine that gives the headaches. I probably should have quoted it tho.

I also don't think moderation is really something that is workable for highly addictive substances. And I think its pretty much a settled point that the detrimental effects outweigh the beneficial ones as far as caffine goes.

lol I wasn't saying to have tea instead of coffee cause of head aches. I was saying not to start drinking coffee cause you become dependant on it and get head aches when you don't get it.

The OP is already drinking green tea which has less caffine than coffee. I suggested the black tea as it has a little more caffine in it. I also made a suggestion that has no caffine in it.

I also agree with freestyle that caffine in moderation is really good for you. Just like dark chocolate is good for you:)

Well i was kinda referring to a post above where someone recommended tea instead of coffee because of headaches. I was getting at the fact that it is the caffine that gives the headaches. I probably should have quoted it tho.

I also don't think moderation is really something that is workable for highly addictive substances. And I think its pretty much a settled point that the detrimental effects outweigh the beneficial ones as far as caffine goes.

I scanned it the first time around and misunderstood i guess.

anyway... I personally get the headaches too. it blows.

Last edited:
I take my beats fast, and my caffine cold.

The fact that you think caffiene is a highly addictive substance tells me a lot about your level of education or lack thereof.

Back
Top Bottom