Hit or Flop? Ford Maverick | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit or Flop? Ford Maverick

Apparently the chassis dynamics are monumentally improved over last gen.

This bodes well for type R if that's the case.
Got passed by a Type R in KW today...great sound. Looks good (besides the boy racer bits).

Pretty sure the Civic is already costing Accord sales. People look at a Civic and determine that it's big enough ... and they already looked almost the same before, now even more so.

Pretty sure the Civic is already costing Accord sales. People look at a Civic and determine that it's big enough ... and they already looked almost the same before, now even more so.

Big time. Accord costs almost 10g more. lower Accords and upper Civics share the same mill.

This is great news for Alliston and Ontario economy, they will be kept plenty busy.

If I was in the market for a sedan, the Accord is at the top of the list, and the primary reason would be to run with the V6 instead of the 4…if the Accord even comes with the V6 still.

Mind you I don’t buy new cars so a used Accord or a new Civic would be cross shopped.

If I was in the market for a sedan, the Accord is at the top of the list, and the primary reason would be to run with the V6 instead of the 4…if the Accord even comes with the V6 still.

Mind you I don’t buy new cars so a used Accord or a new Civic would be cross shopped.
No V6 in the latest Accord. Just a turbo 4, though it makes similar power.

I had a previous gen Accord Touring with the V6 for five years, and absolutely loved it. Extremely comfortable, decent driving dynamics, fast enough, good safety features, good tech. As an Android Auto addict, the dual screens were fantastic, allowing car-specific info to be shown even with the phone screen displayed. I haven't seen another vehicle do the same. The lack of a volume knob was a minor irritation (it's mentioned in every single road test), but I quickly learned to use the steering wheel controls.

At one time we had both an Accord and Civic in the driveway (until my wife traded her Civic for a CR-V, a move she sometimes regrets), and there was a lot of overlap. The Accord is significantly more spacious in the cabin, though, and very obviously a full size car. Where the Civic felt snug to sit in, the Accord felt much roomier. It was definitely a nicer place to be for long trips, though the Civic was perfectly fine. The Civic was sportier feeling, despite the CVT, which didn't bother me as much as I expected. It fake shifts, and in day-to-day driving, you don't even notice it. With consumption and emissions targets, CVT's are inevitable.

At one time we had both an Accord and Civic in the driveway (until my wife traded her Civic for a CR-V, a move she sometimes regrets),

same. she had a 1.7EL (essentially a civc), traded to a V, then to an MDX.

no regrets, since a first taste in her V, you will have to pry a 4wd vehicle from her cold dead fingers.

not used to seeing big bold brash grills on Japanese trucks.

not sure if I like this look yet....

It obviously sells to those in need of manhood reassurance, but these grills are getting so stupid. Looking forward to the first one that's just flat across the top with the hood at the same height as the roof...

1624055402521.png

Its a pretty likeable ute. The F150 has just gotten stupidly large in cabin, same small box. The Ranger is so close to an F150 why bother? I suspect when they can get enough into market they will sell well enough.

Finally saw one in the flesh….I really like it.

View attachment 54032
I've got a Ford dealer right around the corner from me and every time they get one in (likely customer orders) they park it right out front. I've stopped and looked at it a few times and am convinced this will be my next vehicle. I'm hoping for a hybrid+AWD option to come out soon. That would be the best daily you could ask for then

I've got a Ford dealer right around the corner from me and every time they get one in (likely customer orders) they park it right out front. I've stopped and looked at it a few times and am convinced this will be my next vehicle. I'm hoping for a hybrid+AWD option to come out soon. That would be the best daily you could ask for then
Agreed. I hope the hybrid is linked to the AWD. I think that’s the winning combo.

I don’t need a truck. I want that.

The ONLY thing that would make it better is a longer bed….but seeing as I can fit 90% of my stuff into the Volt and the other 10% into the odyssey….I’d be sold on AWD+Hybrid.

Agreed. I hope the hybrid is linked to the AWD. I think that’s the winning combo.

I don’t need a truck. I want that.

The ONLY thing that would make it better is a longer bed….but seeing as I can fit 90% of my stuff into the Volt and the other 10% into the odyssey….I’d be sold on AWD+Hybrid.
As long as they have a solution for moving 4x8' sheets (which they do) I'm happy with it. A regular 5'4-5'8" short box thats in every truck now isn't really a lot more useful then the Maverick's 4'8" bed.

My last truck had a 6'4" bed, which to me was the perfect size. 8ft bed is longer than I'll ever need. Plus 6'4" is a little over 8ft diagonal, which is nice since you can throw a few lengths of wood or whatever in there with the tailgate closed.

I can get dealer cost on a ford.
I'll replace my current ridgeline with a ridgeline.
Not a fan of the new offerings from Ford?

I might go and drive it but I recall someone here saying it’s similar to an escape…which was fairly alright when I drove it a while back. Nothing outstanding.

Not a fan of the new offerings from Ford?

I might go and drive it but I recall someone here saying it’s similar to an escape…which was fairly alright when I drove it a while back. Nothing outstanding.
I've bought 2 new ones, that I can remember. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me tw............
1) '86 topaz. I was married at the time. It wasn't for me. It was "top of the line".....lol. I'd hate to have known how many rattles the others had.
2) 2010 f150 xlt 4x4. It leaked like a sieve. I couldn't find the leak. 2 different dealers couldn't find it. It smelled like a wet dog. After 6 yrs, I traded it in. On the way to trading it in, it rolled 30,000kms. Was still a brand new truck, that leaked. I always had a honda beside it in the driveway.
Other than the wet floor in the back, and the fan heater resistor blowing once or twice a year, it was an ok truck. I don't need the super size truck any more, but I'd rather own a honda.

I've bought 2 new ones, that I can remember. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me tw............
1) '86 topaz. I was married at the time. It wasn't for me. It was "top of the line".....lol. I'd hate to have known how many rattles the others had.
2) 2010 f150 xlt 4x4. It leaked like a sieve. I couldn't find the leak. 2 different dealers couldn't find it. It smelled like a wet dog. After 6 yrs, I traded it in. On the way to trading it in, it rolled 30,000kms. Was still a brand new truck, that leaked. I always had a honda beside it in the driveway.
Other than the wet floor in the back, and the fan heater resistor blowing once or twice a year, it was an ok truck. I don't need the super size truck any more, but I'd rather own a honda.
Did they silicone the 3rd brake light in? Just about every rear leak in a Dodge is a 3rd break light. Add a bead of silicone and it seals right up, hard to remove but will never leak again

Could have also been rear window seals, clogged sunroof drains, or misaligned rear doors. All relatively easy to diagnose and fix. Surprised neither dealer did anything for you.

Back
Top Bottom