Helmet attachments allowed? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet attachments allowed?

It would be interesting to see what section of the HTA the cop cites as your infraction.

Also he should ask the officer at what point the Guelph PD became the fashion police? and if they get extra taxpayer funding for that role. :D

I want one of those mohawk, how about a group buy and a group ride.

Im down for this one. I have the bluetooth attached, according to the police they can take my helmet?

Nothing says, "Look at me, I crave attention!" more than a neon mohawk on top of your helmet. Just ditch the stupid thing already.

Maybe so, but where does it end?

I'm in.. Lets do it. and we 're going to ride in guelph hopefully that cop is on duty and sees us. Maybe his wife ran away with a guy who had a mohawk, and it bothers him now... or maybe his wife wont let him ride, so he hates riders... either way he's a douche.

When I was stopped for the 'mohawk infraction', that is all I was stopped for. Wasn't even asked for any paperwork or licence. Absolutely nothing, just the mohawk. I was stopped in Kitchener, not Guelph. If that even means anything. I posted the HTA rule earlier. post #31

that sucks, but what's the officer supposed to do? compassion is compassion but what if he's driving with no insurance? seeing a family member as they die isn't an emergency, albeit very urgent for most of us.

it's one thing to try and speed up the process, like checkin the papers really quickly, but to simply say ok on your way then no time to see the proof of insurance does not seem in good faith

Do not opp motorcycle cops have boom mikes on the side ?

I have never had an issue with my collet communicators , had then for years,

So I guess the following would all be illegal:
- Mohawk
- Ears + Tail thingies
- Camera
- Head up display units
etc etc... forget that noise.... that popo needs to get a brain. The helmet is finished with a smooth outer surface... that is still there.

This is a very good example of our hard earned tax dollars at work. I keep hearing we have a shortage of police officers, yet this is what they are spending their time on instead of doing real police work. It just makes me respect our officers so much more.

I suggest we organize a ride this summer. Everyone has two helmets, and we all have stick on mohawks or ears or whatever (mine will be a middle finger, any my gf would have a dildo stuck on the top). When a silly cop pulls us over, we refuse to remove our stick-ons and let him confiscate our helmets. We video him doing so. When we go to court, we present pictures of police helmets with things attached and let it get thrown out of court. I would like to ask the judge if this is all our officers have to work on these days.

You've got to be friggin kidding me about this... I've been riding with mine for about 2 months starting from last year and not so much as a finger wave from a cop. Had one shake his head at me but by no means did they pull me over and I live in York Region, and we've got some pretty bored officers up this way. Heck, half my riding crew bought ones just like yours all at the same time and haven't heard of them getting any trouble either. Pretty sure they're just busting your balls because they can.

spiked_helmet.jpg

i heard he have a new law about putting stickers and thing on helmets they say it take away other drivers concentration when they are looking at your helmet to see what's on it

Next will be all helmets must be plain white so people don't look at the graphics, and all clothing must not have a label on it, and no signs within 50' of any road, and no advertising on any cars, no company logos on trucks....etc.

You've got to be friggin kidding me about this... I've been riding with mine for about 2 months starting from last year and not so much as a finger wave from a cop. Had one shake his head at me but by no means did they pull me over and I live in York Region, and we've got some pretty bored officers up this way. Heck, half my riding crew bought ones just like yours all at the same time and haven't heard of them getting any trouble either. Pretty sure they're just busting your balls because they can.
York isn't Guelph dude.... I hate going to Guelph, and Royal Dist has lost my business because of it. I got a ridiculous speeding ticket there last year for 4 points. I could throw a beach ball to the 80kms sign, but it was deemed a 60 zone. Court got me to 3 points!! Guelph blows...sorry!

Back
Top Bottom