Helmet attachments allowed? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet attachments allowed?

I'm at the Guelph station once a month for maintenance. The sgt is a pretty nice guy. I'll ask him next time I'm there about this situation, tell him I just bought one and put it on...and remind him that the outer shell is still smooth. Curious to see what he say's??

what's the point of a mohawk on the helmet? somebody REALLY wants that much attention huh?

what's the point of a mohawk on the helmet? somebody REALLY wants that much attention huh?

Why do you mod your bike? For attention or to stand out in a crowd? Sure mods are both performance and cosmetic but really, why hate on someone who chooses to be different? So what, we put a mohawk on top of our helmets because we think it's cool looking. Relax, you ride your ride and we'll ride ours. I personally enjoy the mixed responses I get, it also acts as another level of intimidation when some dumb cager is doing something stupid around you.

Also to note, passed a cop the other day at a stop light. We looked at each other and he just smiled as I rode past him. Not sure if that smile was his way of saying "catch you later" or "nice helmet". :D

It's called freedom of expression. What's next? Pulling bikers over because they have ponytails?

Oh wait...

Went to the bike show on the weekend. Most helmets being sold to the guys riding cruisers weren't DOT or SNELL approved. Sad that a cop with a hard on for sport bikes has nothing better to do then pull over a law abiding citizen for wearing a mohawk on their helmet.

As this "Mohawk" doesn't effect the structural integrity of the helmet and is not a permanent attachment, I doubt that there is any precedent set in this and R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 610 does not state anything explicitly, nor implicitly. I will, however, state the whack-a-mole principle, sometimes also referred to as the "nail that sticks up" rule: If you get noticed, you get hammered down.

Last edited:
Sorry to break it to you but cops in ontario don't have anything attached to the outside of their helmets... it's from the inside
speedtrap.jpg

opp_007366.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1092602223048799606PLHjwA

Wrong!! That visor peak is clearly attached (snapped) to the OUTSIDE of the helmet. Next one you see, take away their helmet.

Wrong!! That visor peak is clearly attached (snapped) to the OUTSIDE of the helmet. Next one you see, take away their helmet.

The visor is integral to the helmet and held on via snaps. It was DOT certified with it, so it is permissible. I have a similar Shoei helmet that I've owned since '87 (1/2, not 3/4).

Just so all of you are aware, cops use computers. If they give you a warning that warning is posted under your license number or license plate number. So any cop in canada (possibly even the states) who see that warning can charge you. Another individual asked under what authority do they confiscate your helmet. The authority of the prime minister under canadian law whatever they have the right no matter what because they have been given it thats why they are cops. They have every right to interpret the law thats their job if you don't like it fight it that is your right. no bad beans between anyone here but thats the truth like it or not. I personally love cops YES there are bad cops YES they make bad decisions BUT they keep us safe from retards doing 150 plus on the highway, from people who want to shoot a gun on front street at 8am. When people run from the danger they run toward it for your safety like em or not they keep us safe.

what was the point of registering then replying to a 2 year old DEAD thread.... Are you just trolling the interwebs?

150????? Thats way too fast!!! Thank god for the police or we would all be DEAD!!!:snorting:
Just so all of you are aware, cops use computers. If they give you a warning that warning is posted under your license number or license plate number. So any cop in canada (possibly even the states) who see that warning can charge you. Another individual asked under what authority do they confiscate your helmet. The authority of the prime minister under canadian law whatever they have the right no matter what because they have been given it thats why they are cops. They have every right to interpret the law thats their job if you don't like it fight it that is your right. no bad beans between anyone here but thats the truth like it or not. I personally love cops YES there are bad cops YES they make bad decisions BUT they keep us safe from retards doing 150 plus on the highway, from people who want to shoot a gun on front street at 8am. When people run from the danger they run toward it for your safety like em or not they keep us safe.

Back
Top Bottom