Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

I believe they’re required by law to keep copies and make them available to owners.
I don’t know about that specific building but my last two condos were older than that (70s) and I had little issue getting drawings.
I've seen some that had old decaying rolls but they were pre-construction drawings and only lightly related to as-built conditions.
 
Fwiw, I'd put up a 2x3 or 2x4 wall and have it out from the block. No need to waste money on 2x6. Leave a picture of the before situation pinned to a floor joist by the furnace so the next owner has some idea what is going on in the walls.
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe also put up some plywood in front of the drain line…:but then the whole wall will need to be like that. I’ll figure something out.
 
Tis the season to fix the poor job the builders did of installing garage door seals. I had gaps averaging 1.5" on 3 doors with most not close enough to the door either so fixing those up should make a big difference. The trim itself was in fine condition just cut too short so I bought a matching piece and reinstalled all the original sides flush to the floor and properly against the door then cut a filler piece and installed it at the top where it can't be seen (black doors with black seals).
 
Yup , so when you get a condo building like Burlington west has , six yrs old and the balconies are no closed off to residents because the posts have literally rotted out , people can start hitting delete on the files ….


Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
 
Yup , so when you get a condo building like Burlington west has , six yrs old and the balconies are no closed off to residents because the posts have literally rotted out , people can start hitting delete on the files ….


Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Those buyers got lucky. Rotted away in six years and builder pays. Rotted away in seven years and buyers pay.
 
My friend is a new hire ( years in the industry , new in Burlington) building inspector . He is scratching his head how many of the high rises and condos got past the drawing stage in Burlington , there are a number of legal filings around condos in Burl.
 
My friend is a new hire ( years in the industry , new in Burlington) building inspector . He is scratching his head how many of the high rises and condos got past the drawing stage in Burlington , there are a number of legal filings around condos in Burl.
Some municipalities have competent staff and have their act together. Others make high school kids look mature and competent. Given the level of stupidity I expect in a municipality, my price changes quite dramatically as I know I will be wasting many hours. Fwiw, west of Toronto seems to be much worse than north or east.
 
Back
Top Bottom