Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Leaving the generator near the hookup or wheeling it out when needed? If it's the latter, consider building a sound isolating box for it as it makes a huge difference. I built one out of scrap plywood I had laying around and put hinges on the walls so I can fold it up out of the way when not needed then easily pop it over the genny when in use. I measured a 20dB reduction in sound using mine. I don't use it for short outages but I've lost my power for 9 straight days a couple years ago and it's nice to have it quiet when running longer term.
Generator is close to connection, also quiet enough it won't bother us. Our last outage was three days and a short one is typically a few hours. If I'm home I figure I can everything up and running in under ten minutes. If I'm at work under 30.
Our issue is when we lose power, we lose water as we're on a well.
 
Back
Top Bottom