Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 81 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Have you heard of the war Aussies had on birds.....and lost? lol Took too many bullets and it wasn't cost effective.
I don't know much about guns and ammo but wonder about the feral pig situation in the southern states. Some people trap them but there're a lot of videos of them being shot.

Helicopter hunting is a thrill sport with machine guns or at least rapid fire. Obviously a lot of bullets miss and are left in the soil.
Are the bullets lead or other metal and will they leach into the soil? Will the crops pick up the lead or whatever the bullets are made of and taint the crops?

I don't know much about guns and ammo but wonder about the feral pig situation in the southern states. Some people trap them but there're a lot of videos of them being shot.

Helicopter hunting is a thrill sport with machine guns or at least rapid fire. Obviously a lot of bullets miss and are left in the soil.
Are the bullets lead or other metal and will they leach into the soil? Will the crops pick up the lead or whatever the bullets are made of and taint the crops?
Yeah it can happen but it requires some volume....

BTW there was an American reality TV show on the subject of feral hogs and people hunting them, American Hoggers or something like that.

Got a 12ft inflatable pool from a family member as they upgraded to a 16ft rigid frame pool for their house.

pumped it up and maybe I damaged something but there’s a small air leak. Will use soap and water tomorrow and REALLY hoping it’s not around the air valve…

8E83E4A7-B6BF-438C-A6DA-04C70D806624.jpeg

Don't know if anyone has posted it yet, But the federal government is offering up to 5000 dollar grant to make your house more energy efficient

Don't know if anyone has posted it yet, But the federal government is offering up to 5000 dollar grant to make your house more energy efficient
I do need a new AC and water heater…will be looking into it. Thanks!

$5,000 Canada Greener Homes Grant Program
On May 27th, 2021 the Federal Government of Canada officially launched the Canada Greener Homes Grants program. This rebate program will pay Canadians up to $5,000 for home renovations and upgrades that increase energy efficiency.

P***** off. One fence post has rotted off and after spending the day trying to pull the concrete encapsulation out of the ground all I've managed to do is break off the upper parts. I figure there's another two feet of concrete down there.

I managed to jack the concrete out of another post a few years back but this one is fighting me and winning. I would prefer to just replace the post as the price and availability of any building material sucks.

Last edited:
P***** off. One fence post has rotted off and after spending the day trying to pull the concrete encapsulation out of the ground all I've managed to do is break off the upper parts. I figure there's another two feet of concrete down there.

I managed to jack the concrete out of another post a few years back but this one is fighting me and winning. I would prefer to just replace the post as the price and availability of any building material.
Haha. I was helping a buddy remove a chain link fence many moons ago. His grandfather had built it decades before. Most of it went ok but one post was being very very uncooperative. When we eventually got it out, we realized why it was fighting us. For whatever reason, that post had concrete that looked to be ~8" in diameter at the surface but flared as it went down and for some reason went almost 6' down. That post had more than a yard of concrete holding it up. Grandfather was no longer around so we never got the story as to why it was built that way.

Haha. I was helping a buddy remove a chain link fence many moons ago. His grandfather had built it decades before. Most of it went ok but one post was being very very uncooperative. When we eventually got it out, we realized why it was fighting us. For whatever reason, that post had concrete that looked to be ~8" in diameter at the surface but flared as it went down and for some reason went almost 6' down. That post had more than a yard of concrete holding it up. Grandfather was no longer around so we never got the story as to why it was built that way.
It could have been a slump test gone wrong.

After a large beer and watching true murder reruns on TV for what was left of yesterday the plans are to bore out the rotten wood and grout a 2 X 2 steel tube into the hole. Then clad the tube with pressure treated 1 X 4. Any other posts needing replacement will be dealt with by leveling the concrete and attaching post brackets on top. More large beers may be required.

There's nothing quite like watching several hours of ax murderers getting creative to stimulate a fresh approach. Just think of all those unproductive productivity meetings.

Doesn’t look that bad….need to fix that damn leak today after work though. Then can retry again as right now it’s only about 17-20” which works with little kids. But would prefer to have it at 30”.

total filling time about 3hrs.

4A01602C-1E46-4AF8-90CC-0BF813DD4DD2.jpeg

Anybody familiar with these pumps? Worth to disassemble as it’s not firing up? Or just buy a replacement? Plug it in, zero coming out of it.

D0A83E3B-AE7A-488B-AA0F-AEF302E7907A.jpeg

I can see lead doing weird ****.

I was referring to this though. Apparently: "986 kills with 9,860 rounds." 10 rounds / bird is too expensive!

I always take things apart before I spend money. It could be as simple as an airlock. Open the filter compartment (I assume that's what the top is?) and see what there is to see.
I opened it up at lunch and water was coming out. Will dig further today after work though.

I always take things apart before I spend money. It could be as simple as an airlock. Open the filter compartment (I assume that's what the top is?) and see what there is to see.
Same here. Rarely toss anything I havn't opened up. That said I also save all the hardware, wiring and anything that might be of use later.

Anybody familiar with these pumps? Worth to disassemble as it’s not firing up? Or just buy a replacement? Plug it in, zero coming out of it.

View attachment 49386

The pump may need priming.

Try this process…

Unplug it…unscrew the air release valve on the top and plug it back in. The water should start flowing. When you see water coming out around the top screw, close it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pump motor runs when there’s nothing connected as such…

9B6BA7A3-B446-49E5-BC08-258AB6EB3137.jpeg

However as soon as I put on the top part it stops. It’s like it doesn’t have enough juice to rotate the impeller…

AEDD7D59-434A-4A7C-97A2-354007E8BC1A.jpeg

We’re thinking of just getting a rigid frame type of pool as the top ring of the inflatable has 7 pinholes in it that need to be patched.

Back
Top Bottom