Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 79 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

I manually took out a mature ash stump from a tree killed by borers. Shovel, bow saw, ax, sacrificial chain saw and a pressure washer to cut away the clay so I could see what direction the roots were going.

I thought the roots spread out like the branches, not the case. They turn back under other roots, over roots, up and down. I told a neighbour the hole was either going to be a swimming pool or my grave.
Years ago a buddy of mine did stumps with dynamite and amfo. Way more fun than excavators and shovels.

Ah the days before regulations and rules....wonder why we have them nowadays!
You just have to be smart with your timing. Wait for a fireworks weekend. As the neighbours are doing their show, kablammo. Hopefully you had enough on top not to break all the neighbourhood windows.

Had a machine stuck on a site once...old days we were cool with throwing some sticks of dynamite to loosen the rock...our client at the FIFO site said no chance in hell. Would’ve been quicker than 3 guys with a drill and a jackhammer.

@Hardwrkr13 we have the Hoover Spinscrub. Gets plenty of use as all our cousins use it from us.

View attachment 48889
Those are carpet pros best friends!

Once you use a Bissel, Hoover or Home Depot DIY machine your carpet is doomed. This type of cleaning doses the carpets with cleaner, then removes about 1/2 of it thru vacuuming. The othe 1/2 stays in the carpet so the carpet cleans everything that touches it from there on.

Probably @crankcalls issue. When you get a white spot after spot cleaning, it’s usually because a previous DIY or steam clean.

It’s like tossing your $2000 Canalli suit into your Sears washer/dryer.

Got rid of a laundry sorter, dog run, and some chicken wire. Apparently, chicken wire is really hard to come by at this time.

A friend is building a playhouse for her kids. She picked up some 2x4x8's last week for $12.xx each. She needed some more and this weeks price was $15.80. Holy frack. Outside of the playhouse was going to be something like T1-11 which was <$50 last week and >$80 this week so she bought some plastic product instead.

A friend is building a playhouse for her kids. She picked up some 2x4x8's last week for $12.xx each. She needed some more and this weeks price was $15.80. Holy frack. Outside of the playhouse was going to be something like T1-11 which was <$50 last week and >$80 this week so she bought some plastic product instead.
That's insane. Wife was milling around the thought of building a green house for the garden....I think I'll hold off on that one and see if @crankcall's prediction comes true that prices will stabilize (not return) to more reasonable rates by end of year.

I go this from a FB click bait but the message is important. Keep your eaves troughs clean at any cost

GettyImages-491613396-80373.jpg

Last edited:
That's insane. Wife was milling around the thought of building a green house for the garden....I think I'll hold off on that one and see if @crankcall's prediction comes true that prices will stabilize (not return) to more reasonable rates by end of year.
I'm trying to figure out how many 2X4s I can get out of the two spruce trees in the back yard.

I suspect there's some tree rustling going on in the boonies.

Some friends have a cottage in PEI and go down for the summer. A couple of years ago they found out upon arrival that someone stripped out all the copper piping. Now they'll be worrying about the studs and joists.

I didn't know Louis Vuitton sold lumber.

HD near me has 8's at 10.55. I've got a project in mind but will do an accurate cutting list as i don't think I need 8 foot. If I only need sevens I'll buy 14 footers and cut them in half getting under $10 each. If it gets worse I'll see about saving the sawdust to make my own particle board.

Anyone remember finger jointed 2X4's? We may see them again.

Any suggestions on a good HVAC maintenance company that services Peel?

We did have Peel Heating & AC servicing our furnace and AC, but then we had a significant credit card fraud associated with their employees and are now looking for someone else. Too bad because I liked their service technicians and it was their duct cleaning crew that committed the fraud.

Any recommendations?
Thanks!

We did have Peel Heating & AC servicing our furnace and AC, but then we had a significant credit card fraud associated with their employees and are now looking for someone else. Too bad because I liked their service technicians and it was their duct cleaning crew that committed the fraud.

Any recommendations?
Thanks!
I have always used Peatson's. Nothing bad to say about their service. They are the ones I chose probably close to 30 years ago and have used since so nothing to compare to.

Any recommendations?
Thanks!
DELTA heating and cooling is the only one I’ve used. Lot of friends use him and he’s been awesome each time he comes out (installation and then a line direct to the bbq). Let me know and I’ll send his number.

Back
Top Bottom