Elephant in the Covid room | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old normal is very unlikely. Even health care is having trouble getting more than 65% of their staff to agree to vaccination. General population will probably be less than that. IIRC, we need >80% to get herd immunity. The longer this keeps rampaging, the more variants evolve. Given enough chances, one will be resistant to all current vaccines and we will be back to march 2020. Worldwide, we need to get this shutdown asap or the "freedumbs" will quite literally wipe us out.
You should know by now, if you're going to throw around number, then you need to throw around sources. That's one freedumb you don't have.

You should know by now, if you're going to throw around number, then you need to throw around sources. That's one freedumb you don't have.
Source of 65% was president of major toronto hospital network (UHN?) asking more employees to get vaccinated. I've seen similar numbers thrown around from various LTC facilities. Herd immunity percent was from memory and may be off, it should be easy enough to find 100 articles on it and then you need to decide which one was the most scientifically rigorous as I'm sure it is a range not a specific threshold that works every time. Variant creation isn't based on an article, it is based on scientific certainty. Replicate something enough and changes happen. Some changes matter, some improve the situation, others make the situation worse. As long as you have rampant replication, you will be creating many variants. Vastly slow replication and you slow the speed of variant creation at the same time. If we get a new variant every 100 years, that's not so bad, right now we are in the ballpark of at least a handful of very problematic mutations in a year.

The statists/globalists have us by the short and curlies...
Things are never going to go back to normal, just a different kind of worse.
Prepare to live in a perpetual state of crisis...
My wife's risk tolerance is close to zero.

Restaurants are out except for maybe patio if there is no one else there. Take out and eat in the car or at a picnic spot.

Hotels: She was thinking about it until I said Pillow. Bring your own pillow or stuff your face into where someone else stuffed theirs a few hours earlier.

Toilets: A lot of restaurants that are take out only have closed off their washrooms. That's OK if you're heading home with the food but what about travelers?

Events: Sellers market and if there are capacity restrictions the prices have to be higher. As government support dries up there will be business failures. If the premises are leased the landlord gets hit. If he's over mortgaged the bank gets hit.

Source of 65% was president of major toronto hospital network (UHN?) asking more employees to get vaccinated. I've seen similar numbers thrown around from various LTC facilities. Herd immunity percent was from memory and may be off, it should be easy enough to find 100 articles on it and then you need to decide which one was the most scientifically rigorous as I'm sure it is a range not a specific threshold that works every time. Variant creation isn't based on an article, it is based on scientific certainty. Replicate something enough and changes happen. Some changes matter, some improve the situation, others make the situation worse. As long as you have rampant replication, you will be creating many variants. Vastly slow replication and you slow the speed of variant creation at the same time. If we get a new variant every 100 years, that's not so bad, right now we are in the ballpark of at least a handful of very problematic mutations in a year.
Could it be this? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-hospital-staff-vaccinations-1.5961417

I've cherry picked my own quote below, that puts them over 80%:
"In the letter, Smith says that while more than 17,000 members of UHN have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, there are about 4,000 people who work regularly onsite that have not."

Not to mention, many of the people you're including might be work from home types, who should be queuing up with the rest of us plebs.

Could it be this? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-hospital-staff-vaccinations-1.5961417

I've cherry picked my own quote below, that puts them over 80%:
"In the letter, Smith says that while more than 17,000 members of UHN have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, there are about 4,000 people who work regularly onsite that have not."

Not to mention, many of the people you're including might be work from home types, who should be queuing up with the rest of us plebs.
That's the article.

UHN 81% if you take the stats in the article, but it's not clear if that is correct. Total eligible people is very grey. They say 17000 yes, 4000 not yet but if you look up their employment stats (link below), they have ~22000 employees plus ~5000 researchers plus ~17,500 associated learners. Some programs/areas below 50% but I don't know if that is good or bad, for instance the finance department that works at home probably shouldn't be at the front of the line.

Womens College 71%

Sinai 78%

LTC workers 67%

So a bit better than I said, but if the push is on to get all hospital staff vaccinated regardless of role (which it sounds like it is but I don't have direct knowledge) they still have a long way to go. UHN was the first place to offer shots, My point remains that vaccine uptake in health care will likely be higher than in the population at large. If healthcare is having to send angry memos to staff to get them to partake when between 1 in 3 and 1 in 5 hasn't done it yet, the overall situation will not look good.

The article I referenced and you linked is also two weeks old now. Hopefully things have gotten much better.

No matter what they do, they're going to have some introverts making more $$$ that aren't anti-vax as such, but:
LvgVede.jpg

Kingston today..21 new cases, 15 of them in their 20s. Two student bars identified as covid transmission sites, warnings for those that visited them on certain dates to quarantine.

This is why we have had to have a lockdown. It’s incredibly frustrating. Catch 22..the small business owners in this town depend upon student business and its students that will mainly be responsible for some going bust.

Kingston today..21 new cases, 15 of them in their 20s. Two student bars identified as covid transmission sites, warnings for those that visited them on certain dates to quarantine.

This is why we have had to have a lockdown. It’s incredibly frustrating. Catch 22..the small business owners in this town depend upon student business and its students that will mainly be responsible for some going bust.
Just after the local high schools in my hometown were closed due to covid outbreaks, dumb high school girls posted a tiktok video of them partying with the headline along the lines of "just six girls can get the entire school shut down". Well it got shared all right. Many residents were sharing it and trying to make the self-centred tits famous. tiktok account is gone now. Looks like the girls might have learned a hard lesson about being dumb.

At least we are starting to use postal codes to target hot spots for vaccine, since the idiots in those postal codes cant stand 6 ft apart.

There is some hinting there will be further restrictions implemented on Thursday, stay at home order, and back to curbside pickups.

I am having my new tires put on the bike Thursday hopefully I can still do that!!

I want to see a new definition of essential.
But it likely won't happen. Closing big box stores etc now would mean Doug Ford having to backpeddle and admit he was wearing.

I want to see a new definition of essential.
But it likely won't happen. Closing big box stores etc now would mean Doug Ford having to backpeddle and admit he was wearing.
Rumour last night was curbside pickup for most stores and essential aisles only for big stores. Based on douggies continued "everything is essential except hair cutting" that wont mean much.

A buddy was informed at 5:00 PM yesterday that his daughter's school had a Covid incident but they couldn't / didn't tell anybody for five days. Everyone in for a test.
So 5 days of kids going home and infecting their parents who went shopping and went to work. These idiots should be charged.

Lord have mercy if we get a more serious virus one day with this mentality.

A buddy was informed at 5:00 PM yesterday that his daughter's school had a Covid incident but they couldn't / didn't tell anybody for five days. Everyone in for a test.
That’s ridiculous. They should face some consequences for such a blatant violation of their duties. **** this **** makes me mad. 5 effing days.....**** me.

What was the reason they didn’t speak up?

Last edited:
Was it the teachers or the board who didn’t say anything?
email letter came from Public Health but I don't know who dropped the ball for five days. Several pages of confidentiality laws, medical privacy rights and excuses and a weekend in the middle. C-19 doesn't take days off.

Buddy's wife was supposed to do a substitute teacher gig today but that has been scrubbed. They go for tests tomorrow.

email letter came from Public Health but I don't know who dropped the ball for five days. Several pages of confidentiality laws, medical privacy rights and excuses and a weekend in the middle. C-19 doesn't take days off.

Buddy's wife was supposed to do a substitute teacher gig today but that has been scrubbed. They go for tests tomorrow.
Tomorrow? At least by me, you can book a test and be done in less than an hour from notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom