Elephant in the Covid room | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet there's a permanent NOW HIRING sign painted on the wall beside the employee entrance.

CalculatingMinorFlyingsquirrel-small.gif
That vid gives me chills. I had to go under a printing press once to retrieve a guys fingers.

That vid gives me chills. I had to go under a printing press once to retrieve a guys fingers.

Over 5'-6" and you get 2¢/hr. hazard pay.

Probably age more than ethnicity. Immigrants and refugees coming in tend to have families.
20-40 year olds get covid the most. It's the 60+ group that dies.

What age are the groups you're seeing?

Edit: The part that gets me is that we supposedly spent millions or more on a plan, that the government hasn't been able or willing to use.

There are currently 811 people with covid in Ontario hospitals. I think that's 0.0055% of the population.
That has overwhelmed hospitals and has doctors screaming for stronger/sooner lockdowns. How do we fix this for next time?
https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-ontario-is-responding-covid-19#section-0 Look under hospitalizations.

Last edited:
Remember a time I was sitting with my buddy at a restaurant on the Bosphorous in Istanbul a few years back. Life was good.

I saw a bunch of motorcycle riders, and not a helmet in sight. I asked him what's the deal .... 'well...you see...they're so poor here, that basically they don't want to kill themselves, but if they have an accident their horrible life just ends.'

That's all it was, nothing else. He wasn't sad, or upset, it's just the way life was there. To this day I remember that discussion like it was yesterday. Different world. And this is not to mention the poverty I saw in Mumbai when I asked the taxi driver to 'take me where the tourists don't go so I can see a slice of real Mumbai.' I had enough to last me a lifetime.

Here's a great example....shut down small businesses...but Yorkdale is cool...

Everyone is saying this; small business cant open. They can and are, provided they are not on the prohibited list. Small retail businesses are allowed to open at the same capacity as malls and big box stores.

Who is actually following the % and guidelines and how enforcement is being handled is a different case.

Bingemans!!

Conestoga Mall and Fairview mall is also still open too. You can't have people over but you can mingle at the mall :rolleyes:
I teach for a motorcycle school. outdoors. In a huge lot at Fairview Mall.
We can't run the classes due to the new rules. As you said, you can be stupid and mingle in close quarters in the mall.. but you can't have 15 bikes and 3 people on foot in a lot that's 150m x 150m.

Everyone is saying this; small business cant open. They can and are, provided they are not on the prohibited list. Small retail businesses are allowed to open at the same capacity as malls and big box stores.

Who is actually following the % and guidelines and how enforcement is being handled is a different case.
Small businesses can't afford to get a court order, sue, or fight the government.
Larger ones may be able to, and some can and will.
That appears to me to be the criteria used, I may be wrong.

What would happen, should the government shut down the Amazon warehouse due to overcrowding?

@Baggsy don't stop there....shut down the non-essential parts of COSTCO, WALMART, and fine any store that sets up a food stand so now they're deemed an essential business.

Douggie himself said that the WALMART CEO told him that 'it's impossible to cordon off the store b/w essential and non-essential, so we won't do it. Meanwhile it was done in other provinces....I wonder what the difference was if they can pull it off there...but not here.

Had to go to Yorkdale for a kinda necessary Macbook repair this past Saturday, mall was packed. Probably same volume of people as a pre-covid Saturday. People from all ages and ethnicities so no singular group to blame.

I just don't get it. Almost every single store in that mall has online shopping. What is the appeal of going to the mall and possibly getting Covid?

people who read this can come to their own conclusion. i find it interesting and am not pushing it as what i believe or don't believe.

If a mod wants to delete this post that's fine.

people who read this can come to their own conclusion. i find it interesting and am not pushing it as what i believe or don't believe.

If a mod wants to delete this post that's fine.

So a couple of things....not saying it isn’t true but a letter to a scientific journal is very different than a peer reviewed scientific article in the same journal. It’s like an announcement of something that could be interesting that requires further investigation. Wait and see.

Also just as an aside...Brazil could be assumed to be quite a bit more sunny than Canada. Brazil is up **** creek without a paddle. Don’t rely on this to affect much even if it is true.

@Baggsy don't stop there....shut down the non-essential parts of COSTCO, WALMART, and fine any store that sets up a food stand so now they're deemed an essential business.

Douggie himself said that the WALMART CEO told him that 'it's impossible to cordon off the store b/w essential and non-essential, so we won't do it. Meanwhile it was done in other provinces....I wonder what the difference was if they can pull it off there...but not here.
Sorry, I thought that was already implied in what I said. A full shut down. Groceries and gas only for a couple of weeks.
But I'm afraid that we'd be wide open shortly after the big-shot lawyers got involved.

We need space for 37-47 people in a large parking lot. 3 groups of 12, and a lead.
With masks and appropriate spacing.
Possibility of up to 10 more separated with the lead for an hour.

Current rule is 5, which is probably a no-go.

For the shot, I'm on two waiting lists. rumors have it that some drug store are giving shots, but the people getting them are keeping it to their friends and family, if it's true. I'm on two separate waiting lists. Will cancel one. Haven't heard a word yet. By the time they get vaccine supply , the people currently lobbying to cut the line may succeed.

Also just as an aside...Brazil could be assumed to be quite a bit more sunny than Canada. Brazil is up **** creek without a paddle. Don’t rely on this to affect much even if it is true.
The article also clearly states:
“So, scientists don’t yet know what’s going on,” Luzzatto-Fegiz said; “Our analysis points to the need for additional experiments to separately test the effects of specific light wavelengths and medium composition.”

In other words, the article is way premature. Not enough study done.

The article also clearly states:
“So, scientists don’t yet know what’s going on,” Luzzatto-Fegiz said; “Our analysis points to the need for additional experiments to separately test the effects of specific light wavelengths and medium composition.”

In other words, the article is way premature. Not enough study done.
That's the great thing with science, always evolving.

The hairdresser can go to Costco and interact with the cashier, but the cashier can't go see the hairdresser and get a cut...
Make perfect sense.... In clown world
Are you Polish? Because that meme has been going around in Poland for a while now

That's the great thing with science, always evolving.
I wish people understood this. As information changes, or gets updated, viewpoints have a right to change.

As facts change, or provide new evidence, then people’s minds should be able to change. It’s not flip flopping, it’s just new info.

Not sure if i am crossing a line here or not. Peel region and Mississauga are obviously big problems with the spread of infection. "Lockdowns" haven't done very much.
Some of the neighborhoods in those two regions are very racialized. I haven't seen any numbers pointing to one community versus another, but I'm sure it exists. Is it politically incorrect to even look at the numbers relative to ethnicity? Are there language or cultural barriers that need to be dealt with to lessen the spread?
The Waterloo student community has been a problem with things other than Covid, and overcrowding is usually the problem.
Thoughts? Solutions?
Yes, it’s practical. If you look at the Covid maps and know the ethnicity of the hoods, you will see two distinct outcomes. First, economically challenged - the hoods have people that have to go to work in challenging conditions. They needs priority access to vaccines. Next you have relatively affluent hoods, King, Woodbridge, Brampton, Milliken Mills - these are hoods with cavillers attitudes with respect to rules. Personally I’d prefer we lockdown these hoods hard - curfew, stay at home, close all businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom