Elephant in the Covid room | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say if you pound your head against the wall long enough your ears will pop out

Most cruises will be a covidiot free zone....

I can see a brand opportunity here for a redneck cruise line....no vaccinations necessary and the ship will only dock in Florida as that’s the only place that will have them.

Most cruises will be a covidiot free zone....

I can see a brand opportunity here for a redneck cruise line....no vaccinations necessary and the ship will only dock in Florida as that’s the only place that will have them.
I haven't seen any good vaccine tracking. The covidiots will just present fake certificates if they want to cruise.

I haven't seen any good vaccine tracking. The covidiots will just present fake certificates if they want to cruise.

Easy...just make that a criminal offense, same as a fraudulent credit card or drivers licence. Start to hand out some real world consequences of not being a good citizen.

Can't wait for all the "but my freedom" types to realise that this works both ways....the vast majority of good citizens want the freedom of not being exposed to potentially disease bearing dumbasses.

Easy...just make that a criminal offense, same as a fraudulent credit card or drivers licence. Start to hand out some real world consequences of not being a good citizen.

Can't wait for all the "but my freedom" types to realise that this works both ways....the vast majority of good citizens want the freedom of not being exposed to potentially disease bearing dumbasses.
Governments so far have refused to implement any real repercussions. They just posture and hand out token fines. I don't see them growing stones any time soon.

Governments so far have refused to implement any real repercussions. They just posture and hand out token fines. I don't see them growing stones any time soon.

We will see. I can see this being a huge selling point for cruises that won't work if clients suddenly discover the idiots getting a free pass. I don't particularly want to go on a cruise but if I did I'd only pick one where they insisted on vaccination proof.

Ha I was listen to the radio in the car this morning. They were playing a game called is it "Malice" or "Incompetence" reguarding the gov choices on rules, the game alone tells you the general public doesn't agree with the rules and how some or alot of it doesn't makes any sense. Also rules seem to favour one group over others. I don't want to get trangled up in any conspericy theories either, but after a year of dealing with this it's hard to make any sense of it.
The schools in Peel are shut . But Square One and Sherway are open . I was going some parking lot training at Sherway this weekend . It was packed . They keep changing the goal line and the rules . People are turning on each other instead of blaming the government . A former GSK Ceo Paul Lucas said straight out there is no scientific basis for the 4 month break between vaccinations . There is no scientific data for 4 month delay . Yet people getting ****** at non mask wearers not the incompetent leaders .

Erindale Park was jammed and every spot available was full. Luckily I live close enough I can walk there instead of parking with the hoards.

It's been beautiful the past two days....laying on a lounger in my back yard sipping on a cold beer listening to music. Ended up with a sunburn. Popped inside to cook fresh homemade pasta with homemade mushroom sauce. Lockdown's r easy.

It's been beautiful the past two days....laying on a lounger in my back yard sipping on a cold beer listening to music. Ended up with a sunburn. Popped inside to cook fresh homemade pasta with homemade mushroom sauce. Lockdown's r easy.
They sure are...

if you have a backyard
If you have a place to lounge
If you have the space
If your kids are older and don’t need 90% attention when awake
If your job allows you to work from home
If you have the funds to stay afloat

they are easy....but we sometimes forget how many people don’t have the luxury that we do of a backyard, stable employment, and space to actually be confined to.

I’d probably be going crazy if I still lived in my small townhouse, or 600sqft apartment.

Tried calling for info regarding my wife getting her shot. No answer. Drive over (5min) to find a security guard arguing with a large group of seniors there for thier shot. They were 10 min behind schedule, so he was telling them all to go back to their cars. More arguing all bunched up together now. Fml.

When the Freedomites end up in jail, another potential virus hotbed, they will demand their rights to top line treatment if they come down with the disease. Because they would be considered wards of the state they would probably be pushed to the front of the line.

funny how people lose their *****over a vaccine passport like it's a Hitler Holocaust tattoo but have no problem needing a drivers license

funny how people lose their *****over a vaccine passport like it's a Hitler Holocaust tattoo but have no problem needing a drivers license
Because the license is considered a right, while it’s a privilege.

And the vaccine passport is an infringement on their rights (which it isn’t).

I say just link it to the drivers license or passport, you’re tracked everywhere you go anyway.

Not sure if i am crossing a line here or not. Peel region and Mississauga are obviously big problems with the spread of infection. "Lockdowns" haven't done very much.
Some of the neighborhoods in those two regions are very racialized. I haven't seen any numbers pointing to one community versus another, but I'm sure it exists. Is it politically incorrect to even look at the numbers relative to ethnicity? Are there language or cultural barriers that need to be dealt with to lessen the spread?
The Waterloo student community has been a problem with things other than Covid, and overcrowding is usually the problem.
Thoughts? Solutions?

The line is a fuzzy one. It really isn't racial but rather culture / economic. "Back home we used to........" is built into many of the minds.

I was talking to a guy from the Pacific rim and he said "Back home" electrical work was a free trade. You didn't need a license to do it. If someone asked you to wire a receptacle you did it and made a buck. No one complained because incomes were low and every nickel counted. People that grow up dirt poor have different standards. Don't waste a thing, used chipped and cracked plates, tools with broken handles, no safety PPE.

"Back home" an employer thought nothing of endangering employees and when that employer comes to Canada and hires people from "Back home" they accept the dangers just like they did "Back home".

Watch some YouTube videos of heavy vehicle repairs Back home. Guys working in foundries wearing sandals. The ship breakers of Asia, Torching apart obsolete tankers without a shred of PPE.

ATGATT is great when you have a grand or two for a helmet and leathers but "Back home" it's four people on a Honda Cub without a stitch of protection on anyone.

"Back home" death is more common and accepted, whether it is accidental or disease. Wail, cry, burn incense and life goes on. No one has money for lawsuits.

Us white guys don't have any idea of what the third world countries are like, especially on a motorcycle (Expensive toy) forum.

Post about patching a tire on your bike here and it's "Are you f****** crazy?" There it's "I can give you some glue and string."

Watch some YouTube videos of heavy vehicle repairs Back home. Guys working in foundries wearing sandals. The ship breakers of Asia, Torching apart obsolete tankers without a shred of PPE.

I'd bet there's a permanent NOW HIRING sign painted on the wall beside the employee entrance.

CalculatingMinorFlyingsquirrel-small.gif

Some of us grew up dirt poor and worked our azz off to get what we have today, So some of us do know what it was like to have nothing

I get my first jab next weekend and I resent the the microchip that will be tracking me. If you want to discuss it email me or better still text me on my cell phone because I'll be out shopping with my credit card in a store with security cameras.

Some of us grew up dirt poor and worked our azz off to get what we have today, So some of us do know what it was like to have nothing
I grew up in a single family household and my mother did clerical work so we were poor. However I always had a roof over my head and never went to bed hungry or afraid. We had clean running water and decent schools.

There are several levels of poverty. I was living like a king compared to people in the slums of India, Brazil, etc. Tin huts with a running sewer outside and digging through the garbage dumps for scraps of recyclable bits and pieces to sell in order to buy rice for the next meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom