Doug Ford - has your opinion changed? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - has your opinion changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston Churchill said something about ' everybody is a great leader, until hard choices need to be made' . I'd say once Doug got his head around the scope of this pandemic he's done a very good job. I'd hazard largley because he is listening to the smart folks around him, which is what smart leadership does.
He's come a long way from running defence for brother Rob.

Yes, always good to know what your strengths and weaknesses are, and deferring to the pro's

Voted for the man as there was no other alternative . He is doing a good job so far . JT on the other hand is hiding . on day 27 of 14 day isolation . His cabinet is pitiful in this crisis .

He has earned my trust and respect. I am more of an old school "Progressive Conservative" which doesnt really exist anymore.

Could he be a future Federal Conservative leader? Who knows.

This crisis is highlighting a lot of things. Our government both Federal and Provincial seems to be working well. The other Premiers seem to be acquiting themselves too.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

He has earned my trust and respect. I am more of an old school "Progressive Conservative" which doesnt really exist anymore.

This crisis is highlighting a lot of things. Our government both Federal and Provincial seems to be working well. The other Premiers seem to be acquiting themselves too.

I think he's walk all over Sheer but I don't know how Ford would deal with foreign affairs, the military and anything done in a foreign language / culture.

Sheer is a lame duck back bencher. He'd have to beat MacKay. MacKay has nicer hair.

First of all, I did not vote for Doug Ford. Under these trying times, Premier Ford has shown he actually cares for Ontarians, not grandstanding or trying to score political points. His empathy is evenly matched with his candid daily updates.

I didn't vote for Ford either and up until this started was of the continued view that he was a bumbling idiot, but I will admit he's stepped up.

As for JT, who I also didn't vote for, I think there's still a lot of people not willing to change their viewpoints accordingly like many of us have done for Ford, case in point, some of the comments here.

Don't let the fact that he just happens to do his news conferences from his doorstop every morning make you all think that he's neither left (since he could after the quarantine), or hasn't. I have a friend who I just chatted with who works in Ottawa and there's a TON going on behind the scenes that most people don't know about, understand, appreciate, or probably ever will be made aware of.

I got my fist CERB payment today only days after applying. Don't think that absoltely massive things like this that required epic levels of government coordination and action somehow magically got put into action without people in Ottawa, including JT, going above and beyond.

And the 3M mask thing? The government at ALL levels, provincial and federal, conservative AND liberal played an absolute massive coordinated factor in getting that issue resolved...don't kid yourself otherwise. Stories that may be told in the future long after Trump and Trudeau are long gone will tell the tale.

Now isn't the time to continue the petty political bickering. Everyone at seemingly all levels of government, short of Sheer, seem to have got that.

Last edited:
I didn't vote for Ford either and up until this started was of the continued view that he was a bumbling idiot, but I will admit he's stepped up.

As for JT, who I also didn't vote for, I think there's still a lot of people not willing to change their viewpoints accordingly like many of us have done for Ford, case in point, some of the comments here.

Don't let the fact that he just happens to do his news conferences from his doorstop every morning make you all think that he's neither left (since he could after the quarantine), or hasn't. I have a friend who I just chatted with who works in Ottawa and there's a TON going on behind the scenes that most people don't know about, understand, appreciate, or probably ever will be made aware of.

I got my fist CERB payment today only days after applying. Don't think that absoltely massive things like this that required epic levels of government coordination and action somehow magically got put into action without people in Ottawa, including JT, going above and beyond.

And the 3M mask thing? The government at ALL levels, provincial and federal, conservative AND liberal played an absolute massive factor in getting that issue resolved...don't kid yourself otherwise.

Now isn't the time to continue the petty political bickering. Everyone at seemingly all levels of government, short of Sheer, seem to have got that.

Agreed.

A lot of Doug Ford's early actions were about revenge.

COVID19 has forced that aside (or maybe he felt the vengeance was a job done and had moved on) and he has stepped up IMO.

What he does need to work on is how many words he can say in a row. Rarely over six, I counted 10 once.

To my knowledge he doesn't speak the requisite french.

I like the way Doug Ford is doing. He's been a true leader and made good decisions.

Trudeau is flip flopping like never before. Announces one thing then makes changes the next day the next day. It's not rocket science. The media is blasting him which he deserves.

Ford atleast came out and said we did this wrong and it's unacceptable. We will fix it asap. He took ownership of his wrongs.

I like the way Doug Ford is doing. He's been a true leader and made good decisions.

Trudeau is flip flopping like never before. Announces one thing then makes changes the next day the next day. It's not rocket science. The media is blasting him which he deserves.

Ford atleast came out and said we did this wrong and it's unacceptable. We will fix it asap. He took ownership of his wrongs.
That's because JT too is listening to the advice of his experts. Tam is doing the worst job of the lot of them. I put Toronto's cmoh way ahead of her.

You're not quebecois.

Kidding aside, I thought it was a mandatory thing? Maybe it's just necessary to win, not legally necessary.
Yeah no legal requirement but it equivalent to lighting votes on fire.

I think it is generally accepted that if the leader of a political party does not speak French, they do not have any chance at all in Quebec ... which represents a significant number of the seats in parliament. Now, the PCs do not have a strong position in Quebec and historically haven't, so perhaps there's an argument that it doesn't matter. But having a leader who does not speak French would basically ensure that they have no chance in Quebec. It could also foster division between Quebec and the rest of Canada.

I think it is generally accepted that if the leader of a political party does not speak French, they do not have any chance at all in Quebec ... which represents a significant number of the seats in parliament. Now, the PCs do not have a strong position in Quebec and historically haven't, so perhaps there's an argument that it doesn't matter. But having a leader who does not speak French would basically ensure that they have no chance in Quebec. It could also foster division between Quebec and the rest of Canada.
There are also a surprising number of french pockets in the rest of Canada. Many in places I never suspected (Golden BC for instance) Not sure how much they care about french or how that translates into seats though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom