Don't post your shenanigans on tiktok | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Don't post your shenanigans on tiktok

Perception

In my teens I belonged to a small church group and we were having a Halloween party in the church hall. I was sitting along the wall, hands in lap, next to the assistant pastor while others milled about the middle of the room. The assistant pastor was in a deep conversation with someone on the other side of him as the young son of the pastor came along and started a conversation with me.

He was in costume that included a squirt bottle and I noticed it was pointed at the assistant pastor's neck. It took less than a second for me to reach out and squeeze the trigger. By the time the assistant pastor turned his head to see where the water had come from my hand was peacefully back in my lap.

The kid knew the futility of the argument, cringed and walked away. Only two people knew the truth.

The deed was done and the kid was holding the dripping gun. There was only one witness, the guilty party, and I wasn't talking.

I should have later taken the blame but it turned out that the assistant was a bit of a turd.

Dumbass!
As the saying goes, you may beat the charge but you can't beat the ride.

I used to ride with an idiot who was pulling stupid wheelies all over the place. Pulled one on 400 and didn't realized opp was behind. OPP pulls up, idiot freaks out and runs away. Cops show up to the house next day, gives him a summon. He Shaggied at the door and said "wasn't me". Cops chuckled and left. After 2 yeras of anxiety and $15K to the lawyer, plead down to some HTA thing. No license and can't get insurance to save his life, and a hefty fine.

"Wasn't me" isn't gonna hold up unless you happen to be the ex president or something. :)

Nope...

Only the initial onus.

You think the owner of the bike can say: "Even though I have the IP address of the tiktok user and the exact same model of bike in the video is registered to me, that is not me in the video" and will get off based on that? The owner can say "my bike was stolen the day before". However, the ONUS is then on him to show evidence it was stolen, i.e. a police report.

I know we all learn when we're 11 that in British common law it is "innocent until proven guilty" (which is true), it is actually more complicated than that.
If you didn't have All Perils or Comprehensive insurance, would you even call the police? Police don't do stolen goods.

This **** goes down in the US every day and no one cares. There are very large YouTube channels where guys are on one wheel for the entire ride. The world has much bigger problems than a speeding motorcycle. Why Canada is in shock is baffling.

Lane Splitting is legal in most states, and the whole of the UK, but it's a shocking display of criminal intent and disregard of the HTA in Canada.

It's quite obvious in this case that the rider was intimidated by cops and gave himself up. Which is a reminder, never talk to the police...ever! He should have shut his mouth and hired an attorney to deal with it..who would have told him to shut his mouth and let his attorney deal with it.

Never talk to the police under any circumstances! You are being tricked if you fail to heed this advice!

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

If you didn't have All Perils or Comprehensive insurance, would you even call the police? Police don't do stolen goods.

This **** goes down in the US every day and no one cares. There are very large YouTube channels where guys are on one wheel for the entire ride. The world has much bigger problems than a speeding motorcycle. Why Canada is in shock is baffling.

Lane Splitting is legal in most states, and the whole of the UK, but it's a shocking display of criminal intent and disregard of the HTA in Canada.

It's quite obvious in this case that the rider was intimidated by cops and gave himself up. Which is a reminder, never talk to the police...ever! He should have shut his mouth and hired an attorney to deal with it..who would have told him to shut his mouth and let his attorney deal with it.

Never talk to the police under any circumstances! You are being tricked if you fail to heed this advice!

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk
Alternatively one could decide not to act like an entitled jerk-off on public roads too.

That I’ll agree with. Doesn’t matter if you are actually innocent or think you’re “helping”. You’re not.
You can google Michael Dixon arrest Hamilton.

If you ever are unlucky enough to end up in an Canadian police interrogation keep in mind that this is not the USA so if you ask for an attorney they will not quit questioning you and everything that you say can and will be used against you.

If you ever are unlucky enough to end up in an Canadian police interrogation keep in mind that this is not the USA so if you ask for an attorney they will not quit questioning you and everything that you say can and will be used against you.
Maybe dont do stupid **** and you want have to worry about it.

Not quite so easy. Cops are well known to aim for the easiest target. Much less concerned about getting the right party. Lazy cop plus talkative suspect and you can quickly end up in trouble even if you had nothing to do with issue under investigation.
"Target" being the operative word there. If you havent done anything you arent a target.

Back
Top Bottom