Don't post your shenanigans on tiktok | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Don't post your shenanigans on tiktok

Not just two, but I see our opinions differ. Is there an acceptable number of wrongful arrests/convictions?We don’t agree, that’s fine.

Back to topic, are we arguing that this person should not have driven like an ass, or just that he should not have posted it?
Can't it be both?

"Target" being the operative word there. If you havent done anything you arent a target.

Unless you have a similar/same-looking vehicle and you look similar and happen to be in an area where they're looking. It can happen easily enough.

I've been pulled over because part of my leathers were yellow, and the cops were looking for someone on a motorcycle "it was yellow". Fortunately (for me), the one they were actually looking for passed by a minute later, and their leathers (and bike) were more yellow than mine.

As far as not doing illegal stuff versus not posting illegal stuff ... Laws have been tightened so much that very few people are completely squeaky clean in every respect - practically everyone is breaking some law or another at some time or another (although it can be a question of "to what extent"). Then it comes down to ... never write anything on the internet that you wouldn't be willing to shout out in front of city hall beside your grandmother.

reminded of
1662218084154.png

Local Rozzers: "We're looking for some guy who came this way? You lot see em?
Me: I ain't say'n nothin copper, yeeeaaaaa.

If you didn't have All Perils or Comprehensive insurance, would you even call the police? Police don't do stolen goods.

This **** goes down in the US every day and no one cares. There are very large YouTube channels where guys are on one wheel for the entire ride. The world has much bigger problems than a speeding motorcycle. Why Canada is in shock is baffling.

Lane Splitting is legal in most states, and the whole of the UK, but it's a shocking display of criminal intent and disregard of the HTA in Canada.

It's quite obvious in this case that the rider was intimidated by cops and gave himself up. Which is a reminder, never talk to the police...ever! He should have shut his mouth and hired an attorney to deal with it..who would have told him to shut his mouth and let his attorney deal with it.

Never talk to the police under any circumstances! You are being tricked if you fail to heed this advice!

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk
The first thing your insurance company asks is, "did you call the police?"

Alternatively one could decide not to act like an entitled jerk-off on public roads too.
They could, but it's going to happen anyway. You assume everyone has the same mindset as you...they don't.

While California is the only state to officially make it legal, read state by state...you will notice it's neither legal or illegal or not even mentioned in the law:

While California is the only state to officially make it legal, read state by state...you will notice it's neither legal or illegal or not even mentioned in the law:

Did you have selective reading for this article?

States Without Lane Splitting Regulations​

If you’re going to be riding in one of these states, be aware that you are still at risk of getting a citation even if the law does not specifically prohibit lane splitting or lane filtering. You may be cited for improper lane change, failure to maintain a lane, or even reckless driving. If you are involved in an accident while filtering or splitting lanes, you may be found partially or completely liable (depending on the state) because the practice is not specifically condoned or violates other traffic laws.

Just because there's no legislation that says "you can't lane split." doesn't make it legal to do so. You can easily be breaking another law, as referenced above.

Just because there's no legislation that says "you can't lane split." doesn't make it legal to do so. You can easily be breaking another law, as referenced above.
Good ol HTA172. for those times when they don’t know what to charge you with.

I knew you'd bite. I throw the same question back at you.

The way the law is NOT written opens up opportunity to set a precedent. They charge you with careless, your show video in court of Californian's lane splitting.

It is not dangerous.

It is not careless.

Case dismissed.

Barney Fife does the walk of shame.

A precedent is set for future cases.

It's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey. True.

Do you see how stupid statism is?

America is America.

Canada is Canada.

Would I expect a $500 ticket for filling up my own vehicle in Alberta? No.

Would someone from New York wearing prosthetic boobs get a $500 ticket for filling up their own vehicle in New Jersey?

Geeet outta heeeya.

It would be an easy case to win. And while the world is circling the drain, these illogical laws should be being challenged one after the other until there are none left.

The way the law is NOT written opens up opportunity to set a precedent. They charge you with careless, your show video in court of Californian's lane splitting.

It is not dangerous.

It is not careless.

Case dismissed.

It's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey. Truth.

Do you see how stupid statism is? America is America. Canada is Canada. Would I expect a $500 ticket for filling up my own vehicle in Alberta? No.

Would someone from New York wearing prosthetic boobs get a $500 ticket for filling up their own vehicle in New Jersey?

Geeet outta heeeya.

It would be an easy case to win.

1. Arguing in front of a JP does not set precedent. You need to get it elevated to real court.
  2. Are you sure JP will allow a random video recorded at an unknown time and place by an unknown party in a far away jurisdiction into court as evidence? I'm not.
  3. It is your opinion that it is not dangerous or careless. JP doesn't give a crap about your opinion. You need to prove that position somehow. Almost every person with a ticket tries that position with the JP and everyone loses (someone else was going faster and they were the dangerous one, I didn't use my signal but nobody was affected so I shouldn't get a ticket, there was no contact therefore I was not careless, etc.).
  4. I would be happy to pay for the transcript and post it on GTAM if you won such a case using the strategy you suggested. My money is safe in my wallet.

It is not dangerous.

It is not careless.

Case dismissed.

It's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey. True.

Do you see how stupid statism is?

America is America.

Canada is Canada.

Would I expect a $500 ticket for filling up my own vehicle in Alberta? No.

Geeet outta heeeya.

It would be an easy case to win. And while the world is circling the drain, these illogical laws should be being challenged one after the other until there are none left.

Uhhhh..no.

Uhhhh..no.
So you don't think an individual can walk into a building and teach law enforcement the law or lack thereof in less than an hour and make several law enforcement officers do a walk of shame for trying to cite / charge for a fictitious law?

So you don't think an individual can walk into a building and teach law enforcement the law or lack thereof in less than an hour and make several law enforcement officers do a walk of shame for trying to cite / charge for a fictitious law?

They can and have laid 172 charges. They can and have laid 154 charges. They can and have laid careless charges. I don't know about dangerous but I assume that given enough speed or presence of pedestrians those have been laid too. No cop is going to write you a ticket that doesn't cite a section of the HTA. You can and should argue if you don't think the section applied to your situation but you need something to work with. Your opinion alone is useless in court.

EDIT:
To save people having to look it up. I would love to see the argument that passing between two vehicles not expecting an intruder in their space with less than 2' clearance on either side is considered safe.

FAIL TO DRIVE IN MARKED LANE​

154. (1) Where a highway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic, (a) a vehicle shall be driven as nearly as may be practicable entirely within a single lane and shall not be moved from the lane until the driver has first ascertained that the movement can be made with safety.

Last edited:
They can and have laid 172 charges. They can and have laid 154 charges. They can and have laid careless charges. I don't know about dangerous but I assume that given enough speed or presence of pedestrians those have been laid too. No cop is going to write you a ticket that doesn't cite a section of the HTA. You can and should argue if you don't think the section applied to your situation but you need something to work with. Your opinion alone is useless in court.

EDIT:
To save people having to look it up.

FAIL TO DRIVE IN MARKED LANE​

154. (1) Where a highway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic, (a) a vehicle shall be driven as nearly as may be practicable entirely within a single lane and shall not be moved from the lane until the driver has first ascertained that the movement can be made with safety.
EvoEx and I are having a discussion about the specific article that lists Lane Splitting in the United States, State by State and you are budding in line drooling over more ways to slam the common man. Seriously, do you even remember being young and having fun? Regardless, if you're going to interrupt the chat, please at least stay on topic. We are not referring to Canada. Lane splitting will never happen in Canada for several reasons.

If you ever are unlucky enough to end up in an Canadian police interrogation keep in mind that this is not the USA so if you ask for an attorney they will not quit questioning you and everything that you say can and will be used against you.

Not only that, your lawyer can be called as a witness against you.

Back
Top Bottom