Did you exercise today? | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you exercise today?

What's DOMs?
Delayed-onset muscle soreness - from some type of higher intensity workout and hits you 2 days after the workout. I’ve had it last for what feels 4-6 days later if I went way too hard on a muscle group that I don’t work out too often.

Delayed-onset muscle soreness - from some type of higher intensity workout and hits you 2 days after the workout. I’ve had it last for what feels 4-6 days later if I went way too hard on a muscle group that I don’t work out too often.
I've never heard this before. Very interesting. I need to read more into this.

Had awesome sleep while i was on vacay. (left on the 29th got back on the 5th)
1712591890520.png
Did not work out at all though but had an amazing step count
1712591975154.png

Also hurt my thumb there so i thought it was a bad idea to play with the barbell

Had awesome sleep while i was on vacay. (left on the 29th got back on the 5th)
View attachment 67040
Did not work out at all though but had an amazing step count
View attachment 67041

Also hurt my thumb there so i thought it was a bad idea to play with the barbell
My watch constantly adjusts the step goal based on how active you have been. I think my goal was on the wrong side of 15,000 last time I was on vacation. I ignore the goal so it doesn't really matter, it was just interesting how much it moves around.

My watch constantly adjusts the step goal based on how active you have been. I think my goal was on the wrong side of 15,000 last time I was on vacation. I ignore the goal so it doesn't really matter, it was just interesting how much it moves around.
yeah mine can to, i turned that off... it somewhat setup 7500 at some point and ive been running with it since

Did a bunch of core training today :)

Managed to run 24km on Sunday and my energy felt great at the end, but hip flexors and feet were completely done. And that’s due to not enough leg workouts or core strengthening. Also made my feet and hips feel really sore for a day, but lots of rehydration and totally feel normal again at 48 hours later.

A pretty clean diet with some osteo and massage help a lot. Looking forward to getting some exercise each day of the long weekend.

24KM...Nice! Road, Trail, or Treadmill? How often do you run?

Did my first bicycle commute of the year.

I'm out of shape. Out of the "flow". Just out of it.
Also forgot to start my bike computer for the first few km.
Hands hurt half way to the point where the shower was PAINFUL...i thought i was gonna warm up more than i did at 4C but i didn't.

Oh well something something about grit and stoicism (and being stupid).

Aslo my heart rate was like 2 zones too high for the speeds i was going. The commute back will be interesting but gotta start somewhere

Did my first bicycle commute of the year.

I'm out of shape. Out of the "flow". Just out of it.
Also forgot to start my bike computer for the first few km.
Hands hurt half way to the point where the shower was PAINFUL...i thought i was gonna warm up more than i did at 4C but i didn't.

Oh well something something about grit and stoicism (and being stupid).

Aslo my heart rate was like 2 zones too high for the speeds i was going. The commute back will be interesting but gotta start somewhere
How long is the commute? Mine is 55km so that’s out.

Even when I had a 10km commute a decade ago I tried it…once. Took the bus home.

Like after dirt biking you feel fine but the next day your legs know it.

How long is the commute? Mine is 55km so that’s out.

Even when I had a 10km commute a decade ago I tried it…once. Took the bus home.
24km each way
The commute back surprisingly was a lot easier...AND the flags didnt indicate a tailwind. Oh well.. doing this twice a week is gonna pay off

a little late to get beach ready since we're back from vacay but whatevs, gotta lose the winter weight

24KM...Nice! Road, Trail, or Treadmill? How often do you run?
That was road only. Training for the Big Sur Marathon (I’m only doing the 21miler and my wife is the full distance). But there was a washout in the road last weekend right at the best spot of the race, so it might be cancelled or rerouted or something. I haven’t run in 2 weeks either due to being busy with life and have to run again this weekend just in case I need to be ready for the distance. I’ve done a bunch of half marathons and Around the bay a few times. My wife has done a few full Ironmans and many marathons.

Generally I max out at 21km and like to run road or trail, but prefer easy trails for the scenery. More for cardio & fitness than having a goal race. Usually run 3 times per week when I’m not busy and one of those runs is a longer, slow run on weekends.

That was road only. Training for the Big Sur Marathon (I’m only doing the 21miler and my wife is the full distance). But there was a washout in the road last weekend right at the best spot of the race, so it might be cancelled or rerouted or something. I haven’t run in 2 weeks either due to being busy with life and have to run again this weekend just in case I need to be ready for the distance. I’ve done a bunch of half marathons and Around the bay a few times. My wife has done a few full Ironmans and many marathons.

Generally I max out at 21km and like to run road or trail, but prefer easy trails for the scenery. More for cardio & fitness than having a goal race. Usually run 3 times per week when I’m not busy and one of those runs is a longer, slow run on weekends.
Awesome! I generally run sprints, 5's, and 10's during training. Most I've done is 16KM. hope to do a half at some point this summer.

Too many hobbies, never enough time in day lol

Keep up the great work!

I've never heard this before. Very interesting. I need to read more into this.
I remember this being a mean trick that trainers played on hockey and football players who came to camp in sloppy shape. Lots of sets, increasing weights and 2 days later it was agony.

Gotta push yourself pretty hard in muscle groups you don't often use. It can also happen if you jump back into a rigorous routine after a month or more away from the gym.

I went and saw my Dr, and he's not familiar with DOMs, but he's heard of it.

Does anyone have a good source of info on this?

I've googled and all I found were forums talking about (just like this one) or sites that talk high level about it, but no suggestions on how to get over it.

I've googled and all I found were forums talking about (just like this one) or sites that talk high level about it, but no suggestions on how to get over it.
In my younger days, I went through DOMs several times -- biceps and abs mostly. You get over it with time, there is no real treatment other than rest.

The best way to avoid DOMs is to ramp up your routine over a 2-week period.

Are you experiencing it?

its not any kind of illness or anything, just your body not accustomed to that particular exercise.

After exercising that muscle or movement 2 or 3 times, you wont feel it at all(a sure sign you're getting stronger)

Back
Top Bottom