Cross country trip with covid? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cross country trip with covid?

nyx

I'm about to hit the road again. It's only 22 now but 30+ afternoon. I should've left earlier but sleep. Feeling much better. Going to hit Banff, which is only 30 at highest with showers. May be first time showers are very welcomed while riding. Already got 1L of water in me, but not sure how I feel about riding without jacket. Going to Gatorade/water it every gas station stop.
Probably not going to hit actual west coast tonight but somewhere in BC.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Soak your riding shirt and put it on wet and open the jacket vents. Will keep you going for a couple hours....repeat.

J_F

gringo diablo
Site Supporter
Soak your riding shirt and put it on wet and open the jacket vents. Will keep you going for a couple hours....repeat.
rode from Kapuskasing down to Sudbury a few days ago
nasty heat
went through half a dozen rain shower spots
soaked and then dry in a half hour
perfect riding day

J_F

gringo diablo
Site Supporter
this afternoon's loop, not a big ride by any means

gonna try to slow down and smell the roses
got home from a 6,000 km run and realized I saw nothing
but the road, gas stations and motel rooms
took one picture up in Moonbeam
maybe I shoulda kept the cruiser

nyx

I think I'm battling with the full faced helmet. Right now riding is like being in the Caribbeans speed boat with cool wind rushing in. Except helmet. Touring windshield would really help with keeping visor open.

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
You can dehydrate on a bike even when it is cool. Left Rouyn-Noranda on a long loop down the northern TC to Ottawa ....it was chilly 9C when I left and only got to mid teens ...bright sun and very dry air and I had very little to drink - by the time I turned the corner to get to Ottawa I was in trouble and really did not know what was wrong
#1 reason I have a cup holder on every bike I own - there's always a cup of some sort of liquid there, filled at every gas stop.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Tried my touring set up today for the east coast. Scott jacket was okay even tho a humid 27 tho happy to lose it at the Forks. Got a little wet which was fine -sunny up here now.

Mid 20s at Quebec Airport forecast the next two weeks - even out to Gaspe - maybe 1 rain day each week which is tolerable - better that than the damn heat.

If I time it correctly I can stay in the same weather system going east.

The only wrinkle is that tropical storm off Florida as it is supposed to track up the coast. Not up for tropical rainfalls.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Now if I could hook up with that west wind from HWY 6 home today on the Qew I'd make Gaspe in two fill ups. That was a sweet tailwind. (y)

Top Bottom